Bully who slapped old man at 7/11 fined 500 baht - says it was all in good fun!

webfact

Bully who slapped old man at 7/11 fined 500 baht - says it was all in good fun!

5pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Daily News

A Thai man who assaulted an old man at a convenience store in Thonburi and caused a social media storm has apologized but said it was only a small slap and he does it all the time.

"Uncle" never complains at being hit in the head. It's all just a great laugh.

Preecha Pitasingh, 38, was explaining himself to society at large at the police station where he "graaped" (showed respect at the feet) to Sanya Cheuasaidit.

news_xdaCbgBQql194141_533.jpg

Daily News said Sanya - who didn't say much during the one sided explanation of what happened - was 57 though he appeared a tad older.

Preecha, a motorcycle taxi guy at Bang Khae market said: "I always have a laugh with Uncle Sanya every day. I have a go at him and give him a few slaps, as you do.

"It's not hard, just a few playful tickles really. It's never been an issue".

However on this occasion a woman he didn't know was filming in the convenience store and caught the slap that caused a firestorm on social media among Thais who invariably react negatively to young people even touching the head of the elderly for any reason.

"I gave him a slap as I always do," explained Preecha,"but was freaked out when it got onto social media. It sounds hard but it wasn't. It was just playful".

He said sorry to Uncle Sanya and society at large. Petchkasem police fined him 500 baht for assault.

Uncle Sanya, who Daily News said finds it difficult to articulate his feelings, sat through the six minute explanation by Preecha without saying a word.

Though he did say after that he wasn't cross and would not insist on charges. He just asked for 500 baht to get some sweeties.

Preecha asked for forgiveness. He even said that since the story broke online he had had to leave his apartment with his girlfriend and stay with relatives upcountry because they feared attack. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-13

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Preecha Pitasingh, 38, was explaining himself to society at large at the police station where he "graaped" (showed respect at the feet) to Sanya Cheuasaidit

While he was at his feet, "uncle" should have kicked him right in the kipper "as you do".

I hope his pals at the motorbike taxi rank are sufficiently ashamed of being associated with this shitbag that he will be in fear of servere beatings if he show his face again..

I know the local boys at my soi would have beaten the crap out of him if he had tried it on any of the local elders or less fortunate..  Have seen it happen with a dek van thug who tried to intimidate some locals.

He was rounded up and told under no uncertain terms if he or his family did not move by the end of the week he would be beaten to a pulp...

Look s like the old  man has some mental issues to me, a  nice non combative target, bit  like that guy who was  stabbed to death was it by the mob somewhere, bakery guy or something also had mental issues.

500 baht sheesh bet hes  running sh it  scared after that "punishment"

A zero should be added to the fine and yes, a week in the slammer. I recall when I first saw the clip a couple of days ago in bought back a number of bad memories from my past when I've seen mentally challenged folks abused, ridiculed or harassed. Just so distasteful.

Nothing but a bully, there’s only so many slaps a body can take as it still causes the slightest of bruising and he the victim is getting on in life, but then this happens to many individuals that are afraid to say anything. Love the clearness of the video in the shop I hope the next time this geezer gets picked on he gets 5 yrs 

Archived