One Bangkok driver faces 16 lane changing fines - but he hasn't paid one yet!

webfact

One Bangkok driver faces 16 lane changing fines - but he hasn't paid one yet!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Traffic police in Bangkok have revealed that one driver has broken the law a whopping sixteen times in the same location at the same time.

But the driver hasn't paid a single fine yet.

Pol Col Kitti Ariyanont was talking to Daily News about the first two months of operation of the lane change cameras at locations on the Bangkok roads.

The record for offences was a black Chevrolet caught sixteen times in the Baromratchachonnanee area. Pol Col Kitti said that if the driver doesn't pay the fines he will have to pay them all at the Department of Land Transport when he comes to renew his license.

In the first two months 1,301,604 drivers have been snapped doing illegal lane changing.

However, after studying video evidence only 70,000 of these were deemed serious enough to warrant the issue of fines.

Many have already paid fines, said Kitti.

Worst offenders were at locations in Din Daeng, Huay Khwang, Sirirat and near the government complex in Chaeng Wattana.

The cameras started operation on May 9th of this year.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-13
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Traffic police in Bangkok have revealed that one driver has broken the law a whopping sixteen times in the same location at the same time.

I sense a pattern forming here.

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

So 1 driver has broke the law 16 times  !!

What have the police done about it?

Same as always all talk no action, pathetic.

Waiting for him to try to renew his/her license is a cop out, he/she should have 21 days to pay it or challenge it, after that if they don't hear from him/her, arrest warrant issued, go around and arrest him/her, pay the fines, release, simple really.

I mean do they know if he/she has a bloody license in the first place ?

I don't know about others but changing lanes is like national sport in this country, why i myself change lanes often, otherwise driving in BKK is next to impossible that is if you want to get somewhere before you either run out of petrol or blow a blood vessel in your neck...

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

So 1 driver has broke the law 16 times  !!

What have the police done about it?

Same as always all talk no action, pathetic.

Not sure but in Oz I don't think they go chasing the perp but if pulled over by a patrol then a quick computer check shows oustandings. 

It's then in the patrol car back to the station etc.

Car impounded and if nothing is paid in a certain time the car becomes a small cube and the cost is added.

Imagine that happening here with a six month old merc'

??

I wonder how they could review more than 1.3 million videos in such a short period of time and end up with only 70,000 serious offenses.

If the software do it, that's fine. If they have to do it themselves, that's technically impossible

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Col Kitti said that if the driver doesn't pay the fines he will have to pay them all at the Department of Land Transport when he comes to renew his license.

Obviously arresting him isn't an option... ?

Archived