Help Placing a pet into a good home

connda

I'm trying to find if there is an organization like the 'Soi Dog' volunteer groups or other animal welfare groups here in Chiang Mai or Northern Thailand who could assist in helping me place one of our dogs into a good, loving home.

This is a 9 month old, white and brown male who sort of looks a little like a beagle and who is one of a litter of 7 pups and weights approximately 14 kg.

He is a good dog, but was born with a congenital defect in his right rear leg.  Although he has a slight limp, that's not the problem though.  The problem is that unlike any of the other dogs I've had or currently own, this pup can climb over the cement fence that borders the 1/3 rai surrounding our property.  He doesn't jump it, he climbs it using the design matrix of the fence for leverage.  It would take a complete redesign of that large fence and considerable cost to keep him in - and even at that - I'm not sure he still wouldn't be able to breach the wall.

Unlike so many other dog owners, my dogs are every well taken care of - and I do not allow them to run free.  Also, running free outside of my home is eventually a death sentence for most animals in our neighborhood.  It's not if they will get hit by a car, but when.  In the last 5 years there have been 5 animals run over by vehicles within 50 meter radius of my home, and more that I know of before I started living there.  We live on a rural highway that narrows to the point to where there are essentially no shoulder.  This doesn't slow down Thai drivers at all.  There are blind corners 75 meters in each direction and cars will pass our house accelerating into the curves at excessive speeds - and lets not even talk about the idiots who actually pass other cars while in the blind corner.  It's a dangerous section of road for all animals including people.

So with that said, I could really use assistance of a volunteer group who could assist in placing my pup in a good, loving home.  I say 'volunteer group' as I'm not keen on working with a commercial outfit or an incorporated business as I'm not doing this for profit, and I don't want someone with a profit motivate supposedly placing my dog with a family for a price.

I'm open to suggestion.  If I can't find a home for him, we will keep him as long as he lasts.  We love and care for our 'gimpy', wall-climbing, floppy-ear puppy. :heart_001:

I might be best to PM me for additional information unless you can recommend a non-profit, volunteer group who may be able to assist. 

GlaaHaan.png.b986845afaadb1bb29bc80dfa9946d9b.png

56 minutes ago, OneZero said:

Oh come on, try to keep him, he looks happy with you now & may be sad in a new home (at least for awhile).  Can you rig a chain to a clothes line or something like that? Good luck to both of you.

I'm not chaining my dog inside of an 1/3 rai enclosure.

Again - I'm looking for a good, loving family who is willing to take care and protect him.  That does not mean chaining him which I personal have a problem with doing. 
Do I believe I'm going to find a family for him?  Realistically, probably not.  But I'll try. And I'll vet whoever takes him. 

Archived