non o multiple entry visa from london

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 1400 pound number is certainly not  correct. It is equal to about 65k baht which is correct for retirement. It should be 40k baht or at today's rate about 940 pounds.

"(3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)'"

Taken literally they are asking for an income of £1,400 per year ("£1,400 annually") proven by 3 months bank statements, which is a paltry £116 per month. That doesn't make sense and neither would asking for an income of £1,400 per month as that would be too much based on the usual (only comparison) 40K pm for a long term extension. So yes the amount is almost certainly wrong. It could be typo and be £14,000 per year.

I don't know what the financial requirement is; all I know is that the staff ask for bank statements, and the financial requirement has been on the website for years and remained even after the website revamp. Clearly a financial requirement exists, but is not enforced.

Edited by elviajero

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

"(3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)'"

Badly worded or bad grammar, put a coma after £1,400 and it has a different meaning.

This figure was around when they used to issue single and multi entry Non Imm O's for being 50 and over, and they did ask for financial proof when they issued them on that basis. The figure was attained for being the same as the 800,000 baht Immigration requires to provide a 1 year extension.

My last SE Non Imm O was issued by Liverpool just over 4 years ago (not long before they stopped issuing the Non Imm O for 50+) and as always they required either 3 months bank statements showing an income of £1,400 per month (£16,800 per annum, which at exchange rates then was equivalent to 800,000 baht), OR a Savings account statement showing a balance of £4,500.

When they revamped the site that information remained, but it was never applied to those applying for a Non Imm O on the basis of marriage, only for those over 50, who applied on the basis of retirement.

Now, for retirement purposes, the Non Imm O is only issued to those in receipt of a State Pension, which for most is only £600 - £700 per month, which makes a laughing stock of their published financial requirements.

Edited by Tanoshi

On 7/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, Tanoshi said:

If your talking about a Schengen Visa for your Thai wife to visit other EU countries then she should apply in Thailand.

That's not correct . My x wife now ! Got hers by visiting Italian consul in Manchester . 

1 hour ago, Nigeone said:

That's not correct . My x wife now ! Got hers by visiting Italian consul in Manchester . 

The UK isn't in the Schengen area.

Not all Embassies will issue a Schengen Visa unless you apply in the Country where you have residence.

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

There is no reason to ask based on the OP’s simple question regarding a ME Non ‘O’ visa. The question was fully answered by UJ in post 2. 

So, assuming that he had got married in the UK, you would be more than happy for him to get tripped up by the legalisation requirement when and if the time came for him to apply for an annual extension of stay, would you?

Some of us on here do care enough to alert posters to potential obstacles lying in their path even if you do not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
22 hours ago, elviajero said:

Badly worded or bad grammar, put a coma after £1,400 and it has a different meaning.

Badly worded for sure. IF they are asking for monthly income the word "annually" is completely redundant with or without a comma.

The point is that the staff at the Embassy, whenever asked, always say that bank statements are required. So IMO the advice should be that an unknown financial requirement exists that can be, but isn't usually, enforced. And that people can continue to apply without statements until things change. To say there is no requirement is, IMO, wrong.

6 hours ago, OJAS said:
On 7/14/2018 at 7:43 AM, elviajero said:

There is no reason to ask based on the OP’s simple question regarding a ME Non ‘O’ visa. The question was fully answered by UJ in post 2. 

So, assuming that he had got married in the UK, you would be more than happy for him to get tripped up by the legalisation requirement when and if the time came for him to apply for an annual extension of stay, would you?

The OP asked a very simple question about a ME visa and nothing about an extension of stay. Therefore, there was no reason to start on about legalising marriage certificates. Do so if you wish, but my point was to dispute the need. All you seem to have done is derail the topic.

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The UK isn't in the Schengen area.

Not all Embassies will issue a Schengen Visa unless you apply in the Country where you have residence.

That's right it's not but we were resident in the Isle of Man who also isn't in the Shengen area and also not in the U.K. and visited in person the Italian Consul in Manchester and it was easy. They even waived the fee which was good of the Guy .

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

The OP asked a very simple question about a ME visa and nothing about an extension of stay. Therefore, there was no reason to start on about legalising marriage certificates. Do so if you wish, but my point was to dispute the need. All you seem to have done is derail the topic.

I think that the following thread illustrates perfectly why I have, in your eyes, decided to derail this topic. Has it never occurred to you that there may be more to apparently very simple questions than meets the eye?

Edited by OJAS

On 7/14/2018 at 9:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your experience is different from about 99% of other people's experience that has been reported on this forum. Were you asked for it at the embassy or did you present it thinking it was needed. I think Hull was asking for financial proof before they were stopped from issuing them.

The info on the embassy website is an error. Check how many baht the 1400 pound mentioned comes out to. It is almost 65k baht which is for retirement not marriage.

My first visas were issued at Hull and I was always asked for bank statements there - I obtained my visa in person.  When I later submitted my applications by post to the Thai Embassy in London I continued sending bank statements.  However a member on another forum also reported that they weren't needed and that the information on their website is wrong so earlier this year I called them and asked (as I've been off work a long time and will struggle with the income requirements).  I was told .......and I'm just quoting what I was told.....that proof of income is a requirement but they sometimes overlook it, the marriage certificate was the most important thing and the information is not wrong.  When I explained that I'd been off work a while and hadn't had any income so would my application be OK the staff member said "it could be but I cannot guarantee thas sir".

I understand the bit about 65,000 baht when 40,000 would be more appropriate and that supports your suggestion that the website information is wrong - but as you know well Joe, try telling them that.

They don't give refunds - I ain't taking any chances.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

I am returning to the UK in September. Before returning I had planned a trip to Savannakhet to get a new multi non immigrant visa based on marriage.

If it can be obtained in England it offers an alternative.

However, in the event of income being an issue , would the Thai Embassy in London just issue a single non imm instead ?

Edited by Denim

53 minutes ago, Denim said:

I am returning to the UK in September. Before returning I had planned a trip to Savannakhet to get a new multi non immigrant visa based on marriage.

If it can be obtained in England it offers an alternative.

However, in the event of income being an issue , would the Thai Embassy in London just issue a single non imm instead ?

Yes, I would say thats a possibility, especially if you include a note requesting a SE if they cannot issue a ME.

But as it stands you should have no problem getting a ME visa from London. I have had two from there by post over the last couple of years and didn't include bank statements either time. Passport and visa returned within the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, KhaoYai said:

On each occasion I've been asked to provide 3 months bank statements showing an income of (now) £1400 per month minimum.

I received my Non-O multi from the Embassy in London (by post) in May this year, I didn't supply any evidence of finance, and none was asked for.

All that was required was as follows:

• Passport
  • Completed application form
  • 2x Recent passport photo
  • Copy of ID page of my passport
  • Copy of wedding certificate
  • Copy of wife's ID
  • Postal order for £125 + £10 for return postage made payable to: The Royal Thai Embassy
  • Self addressed envelope
Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Is it still drop off in the morning and pick up the following afternoon?

At the embassy in London you pick up your passport the next morning between 11 and 12.

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst downloading the visa application form from the London Thai Embassy today I  noticed that there now appears to be an additional form that needs to be completed for Non Immigration visa applicants planning a long stay. Is this something new or can it be safely ignored ?

P_20180810_182415_1.jpg

P_20180810_182407_2.jpg

28 minutes ago, Denim said:

Whilst downloading the visa application form from the London Thai Embassy today I  noticed that there now appears to be an additional form that needs to be completed for Non Immigration visa applicants planning a long stay. Is this something new or can it be safely ignored ?

That form has been required for a long time if you are applying for NON-OA long stay visa. It is not required for other non immigrant visas.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That form has been required for a long time if you are applying for NON-OA long stay visa. It is not required for other non immigrant visas.

OK .......thanks Ubon. Would be disappointed  if it was some new thing.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this.

Applied by post for Non Immigrant O visa , multiple entry based on marriage , on Friday 14th September.

Passport returned today Wednesday 19th by special delivery complete with multi entry visa.

Sorted and saved a trip to Savannahket.

All details regarding required documents previously given in this thread and unchanged. No financials required or given.

Thanks to earlier posters for the heads up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Just an update on this.

Applied by post for Non Immigrant O visa , multiple entry based on marriage , on Friday 14th September.

Passport returned today Wednesday 19th by special delivery complete with multi entry visa.

Sorted and saved a trip to Savannahket.

All details regarding required documents previously given in this thread and unchanged. No financials required or given.

Thanks to earlier posters for the heads up.

good to know

Edited by Happy enough