Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 February 2019 06:57
lezwill

non o multiple entry visa from london

Recommended Posts

Things may of been different back then. Did you get any kind of document to prove the registration.
Embassies cannot do name change now so that is one thing that is certainly different.

No as far as I remember


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What We got was a stamp regarding the name change because of marriage in her passport


Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wobalt said:


Married 25 years ago in Germany, never had to legalize anything. Just use an international marriage certificate. However, the marriage had to be registered at the Thai embassy , when we got married.


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your posts are really confusing. What's an International marriage certificate?

 

   I married in Thailand 16 years ago and I know that the German embassy had to legalize my marriage, plus a lot of other procedures.

 

 Die the Thai embassy in Germany translate any documents for you from German into Thai? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, wobalt said:

What We got was a stamp regarding the name change because of marriage in her passport


Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

The name change must also be done in her Tabien baan, the house papers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OJAS said:

But a good reason for your asking in any event IMHO is that, had he got married in the UK, he would almost certainly need to go through the tediously bureaucratic process of getting his UK marriage certificate legalised, as outlined in the following link, as a prerequisite to annual marriage extensions which he might be minded to apply for at his local immigration office once his multi-entry non-O visa had been fully used:-

 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/712469/Legalising_sig_stamp_Sept_15.pdf

 

 @lezwill - if this is, indeed, the case, I would strongly recommend that you get this all sorted before applying for a non-O visa.

There is no reason to ask based on the OP’s simple question regarding a ME Non ‘O’ visa. The question was fully answered by UJ in post 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your posts are really confusing. What's an International marriage certificate?
 
   I married in Thailand 16 years ago and I know that the German embassy had to legalize my marriage, plus a lot of other procedures.
 
 Die the Thai embassy in Germany translate any documents for you from German into Thai? 

We don’t marry in Thailand but in Germany. So no need to legalize anything at theGerman embassy in Thailand.if you marry in Germany, you can always demand a international certificate, which is issued in German, English and French to be issued to you. This certificate I have always used without any issues. No translation of any docs by the Thai embassy


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think this part of his post is relevant to your question.

He has a Thai marriage certificate which eliminates the need to register the foreign marriage at an Amphoe.

My question was to wobalt, not the OP.

You quoted wobalt in your second 'quote'. I never made that quote.

 

The point of my original question to wobalt was he stated:

3 hours ago, wobalt said:

Married 25 years ago in Germany, never had to legalize anything. Just use an international marriage certificate. However, the marriage had to be registered at the Thai embassy , when we got married.

If he doesn't live in Thailand on a marriage extension, then whether he registered the marriage at the Thai Embassy in Germany, or as he has now indicted he only holds a German marriage certificate, then his post and reply to OJAS in relation to a marriage extension after a Non Imm O, is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we come to Thailand shortly after our marriage we used extensions for many years. I changed now to Non O, because my wife spend now much time of the year in Germany because of her work . I spend much of the year in Thailand for the same reason.


Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many reports on the forum of it not being a problem in person or by post.

Completed application form with 2 photos. Copy of passport photo page. Copy of marriage certificate. Copy of wife's ID card.

No financial proof is asked for.

Info on doing the application can be found here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742

Form download: http://old.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/Consular/Form/visaapplication15.pdf

I've heard this on several occasions and been told by others they've obtained a visa without financial evidence. My personal experience has been different - with the exception of this year I've renewed my Non O based on marriage every year for around 10 years - either at Hull consulate when it could be done there or more recently at the embassy in London.  On each occasion I've been asked to provide 3 months bank statements showing an income of (now) £1400 per month minimum. That requirement is also stated on their website - text below:

 

'For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)'

 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

On each occasion I've been asked to provide 3 months bank statements showing an income of (now) £1400 per month minimum. That requirement is also stated on their website - text below:

Your experience is different from about 99% of other people's experience that has been reported on this forum. Were you asked for it at the embassy or did you present it thinking it was needed. I think Hull was asking for financial proof before they were stopped from issuing them.

The info on the embassy website is an error. Check how many baht the 1400 pound mentioned comes out to. It is almost 65k baht which is for retirement not marriage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I've heard this on several occasions and been told by others they've obtained a visa without financial evidence. My personal experience has been different - with the exception of this year I've renewed my Non O based on marriage every year for around 10 years - either at Hull consulate when it could be done there or more recently at the embassy in London.  On each occasion I've been asked to provide 3 months bank statements showing an income of (now) £1400 per month minimum. That requirement is also stated on their website - text below:

 

'For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)'

 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

You've been asked, or followed the websites information

 

I have a number of friends who regularly apply for the Non Imm O at London, and for several years.

Never have they been asked to provide bank statements, or any financial proof.

 

The financial information is wrong, that's why it's never enforced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I've heard this on several occasions and been told by others they've obtained a visa without financial evidence. My personal experience has been different - with the exception of this year I've renewed my Non O based on marriage every year for around 10 years - either at Hull consulate when it could be done there or more recently at the embassy in London.  On each occasion I've been asked to provide 3 months bank statements showing an income of (now) £1400 per month minimum. That requirement is also stated on their website - text below:

 

'For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)'

 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

They do not, although they could, insist that you provide bank statements or financial information. The website has listed the income requirement for years but they don't, as a general rule, enforce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You've been asked, or followed the websites information

 

I have a number of friends who regularly apply for the Non Imm O at London, and for several years.

Never have they been asked to provide bank statements, or any financial proof.

The staff at the embassy, when asked, do say bank statements are required. If @KhaoYai asked the embassy I expect he would be told the same.

 

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The financial information is wrong, that's why it's never enforced.

The requirement is not necessarily wrong, just not enforced.

Edited by elviajero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Not necessarily wrong, just not enforced.

The 1400 pound number is certainly not  correct. It is equal to about 65k baht which is correct for retirement. It should be 40k baht or at today's rate about 940 pounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...