Unsung hero: Brit Vern Unsworth started the cave rescue

rooster59

Unsworth made a good suggestion and it worked out for the kids, but he has demonstarted that he is a jerk that thinks only he and his Brit pals know best. To make comments like he has about a person that spent a lot of time and money to support a team effort is reprehensible. Hero? Not in my book.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Thanks for posting that link. 2 important points in that interview with Vern Unsworth .

1. “These kids were just totally unlucky. Wrong place, wrong time,” he added. “It happened very quick. You can’t blame the coach, you can’t blame the kids.”

It would be nice if all those who were so quick to blame the coach could reflect on their miserable reactions and strive to not be as judgmental. 

2. Musk is an extremely talented con man who jumps at any chance he can get to self promote. Perhaps this can serve as an awakening to all those who were singing his praises earlier.

And you are an expert in the field of space and energy I presume. Seems you know Musk well, I wonder how.

21 hours ago, OzMan said:

Another Brit that can not read or understand that at the newspaper and audience are American. It is certainly fitting that an American newspaper would get information from US sources at the scene. This was very obviously a team effort to recover all the boys and their coach and the article reflects that. 

8 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Yes your probably only ONE wondering.  The post is about Vern and his actions to get international assistance. Please don’t try to drag this post into negativity. 

Just posing a question and saying well done. Nothing negative about that.

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Just posing a question and saying well done. Nothing negative about that.

No, your comment was written in an attempt to route the original post in a different direction. If it wasn’t then you obviously didn’t fully understand the consequences of your attempt at humour. Now I do agree that everyone has a right to their own opinions. Although, opinions are just like A**holes, everyone has one but usually they are best kept to oneself. 

Now let’s keep the original post on track shall we. 

9 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Unsworth made a good suggestion and it worked out for the kids, but he has demonstarted that he is a jerk that thinks only he and his Brit pals know best. To make comments like he has about a person that spent a lot of time and money to support a team effort is reprehensible. Hero? Not in my book.

Musk has now made some even worse comments, he had a complete meltdown on Twitter and called Unsworth a pedophile for simply living in Thailand. Tweets are still up if you search for @elonmusk, but screenshots below in case they get deleted. 

It seems Musk may actually be a massive jerk / narcissist, but very good at PR to make himself loved. As for his wealth, apparently mostly from his Dad who owned an Emerald mine in Apartheid South Africa. 

So it depends how you look at it. Musk effectively spent no money or time to support the team effort at all (British + Thai + everyone except Musk), he arrived right at the end of the rescue and just tested out a submarine that he was already working on for something else, in a different cave. Contributed nothing more than a flight ticket / visa and gets tons of positive PR for himself. 

'Thinks only he and his Brit pals know best' - well it's hard to argue with Unsworth when his Brit pals found the kids first, and he was the one to brief his pals on the cave layout. Can't argue with success.

Then Musk calls the guy (and you based on your username) a pedophile simply for living in Thailand... 

Musk's version of events also seems off, he says the kids swum in. According to other sources the kids can't swim. 

16 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Nothing wrong in outing a prat for getting in the way, no matter how well intended.

On Sat Jul 14 2018 at 10:28 AM, Phuketshrew said:

I hope that Vern also gets given the Elite card as he thoroughly deserves it.

And many pairs of shoes!.....He should get life time residential permits with Multi Entry Visa...the way to do things correctly.....This incident will open Thai Authorities eyes in many directions...... Well done...Vern!..... Remember the powerful Buddhist truths....Your Noble deeds will return multiple merits back to you

On Sat Jul 14 2018 at 10:28 AM, Phuketshrew said:

Archived