Trash burning (plastic) near KSK.

Bassosa

My area regularly smells like burnt plastic and I've noticed a black plume of smoke rising slightly south of Kad Suan Kaew.

Does anyone know what goes on over there? Is there some kind of rubbish incinerator over there?

Smells horrible and a definite health hazard!

Not sure if this is it (I think it may be), but there is a tremendous eyesore now behind the KSK dirt parking lot. Used to be quite nice back there with plants and trees and a table or two, but they demolished everything and there is nothing but rubble and trash back there now. Not sure what the point of destroying it was. They were burning some stuff back there a couple of weeks ago when I passed by.

7 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Not sure if this is it (I think it may be), but there is a tremendous eyesore now behind the KSK dirt parking lot. Used to be quite nice back there with plants and trees and a table or two, but they demolished everything and there is nothing but rubble and trash back there now. Not sure what the point of destroying it was. They were burning some stuff back there a couple of weeks ago when I passed by.

Thanks for your input. I did notice that the area behind Srithana condo is rapidly filling up with rubbish but didn't know they were burning stuff there too. Nothing short of a disgrace. Complete disrespect for a beautiful piece of land!

I have a feeling it may be building waste from the renovation works in KSK but not 100% sure. Hopefully they'll remove the rubbish when renovations work conclude but not holding my breath.

Today the air was thick with smoke in the area around Kad Suan Kaew, a really pungent smell, like burning plastic, so I had a look where it came from. 

I found a working incinerator just south of KSK and Lotus Pang Suan Kaew. I can't read Thai but I believe it's being used for medical waste from the medical faculties? Something to keep in mind for whomever is considering living in the area. Not a place to raise kids, that's for sure!

For good measure, I've also added a photo of the trash situation at Kad Suan Kaew. It's getting out of control

incineratorkadsuankaew.jpg

incineratorkadsuankaew2.jpg

kadsuankaewrubbish.jpg

incineratorchiangmai.jpg

Well it doesn't say much about the actual incinerator at present but it is Medical Faculty CMU and the poster says they have received help from the Japanese to improve the facilities / incinerator from this year to next year.

The red wheelie bins in the background of pic 1 give a clue to what is being burned but medical waste makes sense to me. Plenty of plastics in medical waste, syringes for example.

The smoke stacks looked new, so perhaps work has already started on improving the facility. They're not high enough though, on damp days like today the smoke descends and really envelops the general area around it. 

Archived