wholesale butter chiang mai?

Loui85

Im looking for either wholesale butter ( 1-2kg packages) or if anyone know of any distributers, in Chiang Mai area. I'm located in Pai, and unsure if theres any distributers from Chiang Mai coming up this way. As im looking make pastries, buying the 200g packages is not an option. I've had contact to a baker down south who gets 2kg packages at around 400Baht. If any one can point me in a direction would be much appreciated.

You could try Yok bakery supplies, in Chiang Mai, Google them, you

could buy a 5 Kg box, I find Orchid butter is the best,been using it for

years, then there's Makro also 5Kg boxes, i think you would have to

come to Chiang Mai to collect,as good chance it would melt if sent.

regards worgeordie

BritManToo, yeah ive already been on their website and like you said its not the best. I've been to Yok once but at that time i didnt check it out as I didnt need it at that point. Do you know the prices by any chance. I dont go to chiang mai often at all, so might try get someone to pick it up for me when they there, if price is good. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

YoK nearly opposite Marko on the superhighway.

They also have a website but Thai only, and it doesn't really work in Thai either. 

http://www.yokinter.com/

BritManToo, yeah ive already been on their website and like you said its not the best. I've been to Yok once but at that time i didnt check it out as I didnt need it at that point. Do you know the prices by any chance. I dont go to chiang mai often at all, so might try get someone to pick it up for me when they there, if price is good. 

1 hour ago, NiwPix said:

Are you baking for yourself or as a business? Reason I ask, if for a business, I am sure you could buy from these guys ( http://kcgcorporation.com/en/home/ based in Bangkok. They deliver via refrigerated truck all over the country....however, I think the delivery address needs to be commercial and not a residence.

NiwPix, its for business, thank you I will have a look at that, however not sure if theyll deliver up here, its 3 hours from chiang mai

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You could try Yok bakery supplies, in Chiang Mai, Google them, you

could buy a 5 Kg box, I find Orchid butter is the best,been using it for

years, then there's Makro also 5Kg boxes, i think you would have to

come to Chiang Mai to collect,as good chance it would melt if sent.

regards worgeordie

Thanks for your reply. Do you by any chance know the price of the 5kg box orchid butter? Just trying to find where its cheaper, as making pastry is rather time consuming so if the butter is at high cost, and people up here tend to want it all for half the price- so to make it worth my while ? 

8 hours ago, Loui85 said:

Do you by any chance know the price of the 5kg box orchid butter?

You are aware that "Orchid Butter" is not actually butter in the normal sense of the word?  It's made from imported butter oil mixed with water, emulsifiers and god-knows-what else.  I believe all Thai "butters" are the same.  To get real butter you'd have to be looking at the likes of Anchor, Emborg, or Elle et Vire.  (And don't be fooled by the packaging of Allowrie.  Despite the kangaroo on the packaging, it's not Australian, it's just another Thai fake butter.)

12 hours ago, Loui85 said:

Thanks for your reply. Do you by any chance know the price of the 5kg box orchid butter? Just trying to find where its cheaper, as making pastry is rather time consuming so if the butter is at high cost, and people up here tend to want it all for half the price- so to make it worth my while ? 

I was at Makro and Yok this morning, prices for 5 Kg box Orchid unsalted

675 THB Makro, 626 THB Yok,Yok also had smaller packages 1 K g 169 THB

500 Gram 88 THB , and the 200 gram size wrapped in foil is now 104 THB !,

last time I remember looking at that size it was 88 THB,and the Government

says inflation is 1 % ?

regards worgeordie

6 hours ago, Oxx said:

You are aware that "Orchid Butter" is not actually butter in the normal sense of the word?  It's made from imported butter oil mixed with water, emulsifiers and god-knows-what else.  I believe all Thai "butters" are the same.  To get real butter you'd have to be looking at the likes of Anchor, Emborg, or Elle et Vire.  (And don't be fooled by the packaging of Allowrie.  Despite the kangaroo on the packaging, it's not Australian, it's just another Thai fake butter.)

Hi. Thanks for letting me know I have actually never used orchid butter before so I didn't know. I always check packaging to make sure what it is that I'm buying.

15 hours ago, Loui85 said:

Around 50-60bht per 500gm block and up.

Sourced from around 10 different local dairies, packed in Yoks own packaging, a whole fridge full of them (salted and unsalted).

I always buy the cheapest, they all taste the same to me. Almost out, 500gm lasts me 2 months.

IMG_20180715_144706.jpg

Archived