SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been reports that during the visit to Windsor Castle the President broke royal protocol.   Which of the following best describes your opinion on the situation?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, simple1 said:

Not a good look for the President of the USA., but momentarily blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment.

I think we can just chalk it up to awareness in general.   She is the queen, you do not forget where she is.   He also turned his back to her and he did not bother to bow or lower his head.  He also showed up 10 minutes late.

The rules may be stiff, but they exist for a reason, and that reason establishes that we have respect for both the person and the position.   She showed her respect by allowing him to visit her at Windsor.   It would have been nice for him to return the respect.  

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Not a good look for the President of the USA., but momentarily blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment.

His mind could of been on the nearest McDonald's...:stoner:

20 minutes ago, simple1 said:

To quote Boris Johnson... “You can polish a t**d...” :coffee1:

30 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

I am a republican in the sense that I do not believe in monarchy at all. But I do believe in respect for one's elders - that means you keep confidences when asked to and you don't step in the way of older people as this is very difficult for them. A little respect is all that is asked for, but this will be difficult for someone like Trump who who is so narcissistic that he cannot understand why someone else gets more respect or attention than he does.

33 minutes ago, simple1 said:

"Spatial awareness" or just plain clumsy and inconsiderate.

As one who suffers from great anxiety (me) if I'm late for a customer appointment due to traffic, I have a hard time fathoming being late for a meeting with The Queen of England. How totally disrespectful !

Maybe that was by design, like arriving at a party late so as to get ample attention. Yeah, I think so.

8 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

No bow or courtesy required as they are not UK citizens, but it would have been friendly/nice.  There was probably a protocol briefing, but we know the man has the attention span of a gnat and wouldn’t remember any of it and doesn’t have any respect for protocol or people other than himself.

38 minutes ago, neeray said:

"Spatial awareness" or just plain clumsy and inconsiderate.

As one who suffers from great anxiety (me) if I'm late for a customer appointment due to traffic, I have a hard time fathoming being late for a meeting with The Queen of England. How totally disrespectful !

Maybe that was by design, like arriving at a party late so as to get ample attention. Yeah, I think so.

Arriving late??? He does not have a lot of say in the matter as he is hauled around by a huge mass Of security and ,crowds paparazzi etc. It's not like he said stuff it i want to stop for a leak.

1 minute ago, suzannegoh said:

Indeed, as a British poet once wrote:
"God save the queen

The fascist regime
She's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming"

Am sure we are all enlightened by your input.....?

2 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

Indeed, as a British poet once wrote:
"God save the queen

The fascist regime
She's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming"

Not a British poet, the Sex Pistols.

Just now, wanderluster said:

You are forgetting he is donald trump, she is just some queen of a small little rock in the sea. Not even a man, she should be serving him his tea.

Absolutely, she should be grateful that he didn't grab her p***y.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump isn't British so what has he to do with British royal protocol? You Brits still think you rule the world, don't you?

That he was 10 minutes late, i doubt that he was driving the car, so maybe he isn't to be blamed for that.

You're right, we did rule the world.

"... blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment. "

I beg to differ. Trump is very aware of space and taking up as much as possible, regardless of any others present. Look at that earlier summit where he basically shoved another head of state so he could get to the front and throw his chin out like Mussolini.

I would bet he was briefed many times about protocol. He just chose to be an ass and ignore that. He knows more than anyone about everything, so why should he listen to his inferiors (everyone)?

13 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

"... blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment. "

I beg to differ. Trump is very aware of space and taking up as much as possible, regardless of any others present. Look at that earlier summit where he basically shoved another head of state so he could get to the front and throw his chin out like Mussolini.

I would bet he was briefed many times about protocol. He just chose to be an ass and ignore that. He knows more than anyone about everything, so why should he listen to his inferiors (everyone)?

Trump was walking a few paces ahead of her as if he was a farang walking with his Isaan girl.  Maybe if the queen wasn't wearing those ridiculous high heels she would have been able to keep up.

Archived