SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why all the fuss, the ariticrosy have been abusing and insulting the common person for centuries. Where did they get their fortunes from the poor people of the country. No person is any better than anyone else. A polite handshake is sufficient, the bow, curtsy and calling someone my lord should have been abolished decades ago. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, taffeylad said:

Why all the fuss, the ariticrosy have been abusing and insulting the common person for centuries. Where did they get their fortunes from the poor people of the country. No person is any better than anyone else. A polite handshake is sufficient, the bow, curtsy and calling someone my lord should have been abolished decades ago. 

Was Stalins way better....?

26 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump isn't British so what has he to do with British royal protocol? <snip>

Would you may the same remark if a foreign Head of State breached US protocol whilst visiting the President?

Just now, simple1 said:

Would you may the same remark if a foreign Head of State breached US protocol whilst visiting the President?

Well, you can see what an outburst he has when someone kneels for the National Anthem.   

Yes, he was disrespectful but I don't think it was intentional.  Rather, Trump is too lazy to learn about anything in advance and if anybody briefed him he probably wasn't even listening.  He prefers to wing it on everything and anything he gets wrong or screws up badly--like his interview trashing May--he just labels 'fake news'.  So, his very own interview is fake news.  Total wacko.  Scary.

31 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Well if you ever meet me you had better bow or I'll have you beheaded.

1 hour ago, taffeylad said:

Prince Charles is one of the best examples of this, talking down to everybody.

As a Brit with no love of the Monarchy the point is she is still a head of state in her own country, protocols are there for all Countries and Queenie would be 2nd fiddle in good ole Murica should she visit there, USA protocols would be adhered to if that was the case.

Whether you are a fan of protocol or not the issue is manners, leave a 92  year woman waiting 15 minutes for you, pushing in front of her ? Just plain bad manners old boy.

A gentleman would offer his arm in case she needed it not wander in front her (any her)

I think Obama and his "wife" were worst. Michelle hugged the queen, who was visibly appalled. Obviously, you dont paw the queen.  And Obama started a toast to the queen, which everyone ignored because some other ceremonial (english) custom thing was going on 

bow to the queen?  what of trump's base?  they were mortified when obama bowed to the saudi king, whereas trump merely joined in a traditional saber dance.

consider it a "win" that he didn't tell her to get him a sammich.

46 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Agreed, the tradition of keeping royal families should have been abolished long ago,... but it wasn't.  Truth is many, perhaps even most, Brits love their royals, so when Trump disrespects the Queen, he's actually disrespecting much of the English population.  Unfortunately for the US, Trump excels at insulting people.

2 minutes ago, siamike said:

Agreed, the tradition of keeping royal families should have been abolished long ago,... but it wasn't.  Truth is many, perhaps even most, Brits love their royals, so when Trump disrespects the Queen, he's actually disrespecting much of the English population.  Unfortunately for the US, Trump excels at insulting people.

But not insulting Big Macs with fries....He just loves the no table cutlery etiquette thing....?

3 minutes ago, siamike said:

Not quite true, only about 50% of the British population like the monarchy, infact a third would like to get rid of it. 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

What can you expect from a man who has no respect for anybody.

Just a buffoon, no manners, no sense of protocol, no nothing but hot air.

Or anything between the ears...……….an oaf and a buffoon!

image.png.d45578da5b45ddf1c44bba75b16f2acd.png

3 hours ago, Credo said:

He also turned his back to her and he did not bother to bow or lower his head. 

The American head of state does not bow his head to some hereditary monarch from a dinky has been country.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump isn't British so what has he to do with British royal protocol? You Brits still think you rule the world, don't you?

That he was 10 minutes late, i doubt that he was driving the car, so maybe he isn't to be blamed for that.

Donald Trump is a British citizen…if he wants to be. His mother was born in the UK and, therefore, he has an entitlement to register as a British citizen. However, one hurdle lies in his path, one obstacle whose shape and size may shift according to the eye of the beholder, one ineluctable rule not to be avoided: he must pass the ‘good character’ test. To succeed in taking up the nationality of his mother; the nationality cast aside by his country in 1776, Mr Trump must satisfy a United Kingdom Secretary of State that he is a man of good character. What chance does he have?

https://cosmopolismigration.com/2016/12/17/donald-trump-is-a-british-citizen/

I just saw the video. Trump did NOT block the queen. She walked in back of him while he was inspecting the  guard. She then went back to where she was before , and they inspected the guard together. This is fake news and an outright lie.

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Not a good look for the President of the USA., but momentarily blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment.

More likely a total lack of any social awareness out side his own head.

3 hours ago, Credo said:

I think we can just chalk it up to awareness in general.   She is the queen, you do not forget where she is.   He also turned his back to her and he did not bother to bow or lower his head.  He also showed up 10 minutes late.

The rules may be stiff, but they exist for a reason, and that reason establishes that we have respect for both the person and the position.   She showed her respect by allowing him to have visit her at Windsor.   It would have been nice for him to return the respect.  

She is the Queen of the UK. Trump is the President of the USA. When he realized she was not next to him he stopped and waited. It's not his duty to make sure she keeps up. Now, if she was walking with me or you, different matter. The King of Thailand did not defer to the the Q of E and neither should the President of the USA. It's one of the many things that people in the USA found distasteful about Obama.

You folks forget the USA is not part of the Commonwealth.

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

The Obamas shook hands, but you feel the Trumps should bow and curtsey?

There is no way they could have pulled off this visit without criticism. Some were even complaining about his suit being open and his tie too long.

2 posts in the Daily Mail forum stood out to me:

Elizabeth, Columbus, United States, about 2 hours ago

"I respectfully must disagree. I do not think Trump showed any disrespect whatsoever. He was deferential and pleasant to the Queen and clearly showed he was thrilled to be there. And as I already posted, he was on time for the meeting. In my view, I don't think he should have made the trip at all. He saw the Prime Minister at other meetings, so this trip was not necessary. Nothing he could have said or done would have yielded him any fair press coverage. And the U.S. taxpayers could use the money spent on this trip for something else. The American public had no interest in this trip because people are smarter than they are given credit for. They knew it would accomplish absolutely nothing for the average American, except provide more opportunities to look down upon them as stupid.."

"I forgot to add, Trump, as a head of state, is not required to walk a few paces behind the Queen. They are equal in rank. And, as I said, in another post, he did not walk in front of her, she walked behind him. He was looking ahead and remained in place where he thought he was supposed to be. For some reason, she fell back and walked around him. I think she was going to go on his other side and changed her mind. Because Trump is supposed to be aligned next to the troops on his left. A military aide should have been closer to give him clearer directions. At any rate, too much is being made of all this. I think everything went off well. I still don't know why he went there. If the British Government wanted him to meet a royal, then Charles or someone could have traveled to Washington. They all had to know what reaction there would be in the press. when he visited. Nothing he could have done would have been good enough."

11 minutes ago, zydeco said:

The American head of state does not bow his head to some hereditary monarch from a dinky has been country.

What a stupid comment, obviously you are ignorant of the facts, as previous American presidents have bowed to the Queen.

Now i await you saying i am wrong, if you do i will have to name the presidents who have done so.

Archived