SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a stupid comment, obviously you are ignorant of the facts, as previous American presidents have bowed to the Queen.

Now i await you saying i am wrong, if you do i will have to name the presidents who have done so.

I do not expect my president to defer to the queen of some second rate power any more than I would expect him to bow and scrape before the king of Lesotho or the Zulus.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, zydeco said:

I do not expect my president to defer to the queen of some second rate power any more than I would expect him to bow and scrape before the king of Lesotho or the Zulus.

I notice you are not telling me i am wrong.

Respect is something that is lacking in the world today, most people in your country have lost the ability to show respect to anyone, that is a reason you have got a buffoon as your president, he is just what you disrespectful people deserve.

I'm not much into monarchies or similar old fashioned outdated stuff, but Trump disrespect a 92 old Lady by waiting for him for 15 minutes and leaving her behind when walking the parade. He's just an uneducated stupid lad. 

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Wow !! 

only defer to whites but certainly not "second rate power" whites.

20 minutes ago, zydeco said:

The American head of state does not bow his head to some hereditary monarch from a dinky has been country.

You are quite correct that the American president does not have to bow to anybody, infact when Barack Obama bowed to the Japanese Emperor Akihito he was rebuked by many in the US, it would seem its a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But I don't think that by insulting our "dinky" country was necessary.

6 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Your second rate power are folk that had something to do with where you live chummy...

8 minutes ago, zydeco said:

By the way , the respect one shows is not to a king , president, or representative, it is to the people the office represents.

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm not much into monarchies or similar old fashioned outdated stuff, but Trump disrespect a 92 old Lady by waiting for him for 15 minutes and leaving her behind when walking the parade. He's just an uneducated stupid lad. 

Wow, I never had you down for a Royalist, or is it just a case that you hate Trump more than the monarchy?

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

:clap2:

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a stupid comment, obviously you are ignorant of the facts, as previous American presidents have bowed to the Queen.

Now i await you saying i am wrong, if you do i will have to name the presidents who have done so.

Jimmy Carter broke protocol by kissing Elizabeth on the lips, but, to his credit, he did not grab her pussy.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:
9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Wow, I never had you down for a Royalist, or is it just a case that you hate Trump more than the monarchy?

you don't have to be a royalist and you don't have to be a Brit to condemn Trump's behaviour.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'm impressed that you read what I write.... ?

But I probably feel sorry with old Betty to meet such a bloke for state reasons 

7 minutes ago, Naam said:

you don't have to be a royalist and you don't have to be a Brit to condemn Trump's behaviour.

Do you think Trump stopped off at at American Golf to buy some golf balls and that made him late.

If I can just edit, there is irony in my post which sawadee will understand I'm sure.

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

Could be a security issue that he was late. There are forest and skyscrapers where he was... Anybody could have picked him off from 1+ miles. 

"ROGER" - He will be walking up the path at 1400 hours.... Jus saying. 

26 minutes ago, zydeco said:

And head of state of 16 other countries!

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Ist. Barak Obama

2nd ..........

Yeah ya got me there.

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

There probably was but the orange oaf thinks he's further up the protocol foodchain than the Queen. He is, after all, a repeatedly self-proclaimed genius.

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump isn't British so what has he to do with British royal protocol? You Brits still think you rule the world, don't you?

That he was 10 minutes late, i doubt that he was driving the car, so maybe he isn't to be blamed for that.

You're not Thai.

Do you observe proper protocol in regards to the King? 

Yes, because it's the proper, respectful thing to do.

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Everyone is just looking for gaffes and it might have been a small mistake but what's the problem?  someone get killed?  small protocol problems are common when you come from a republic to a monarchy 

Didn't one or other of the Obama's actually touch HM on their state visit?

Yes, it was the First Lady back in 2009.

Much ado about nothing. A couple of Australian PM's have been similarly lacking in etiquette; the nominally acceptable John Howard did it first but the infamous Paul Keating's 'Lizard of Oz' moment is the one that's more frequently talked about. It's also claimed that "Dubya" inexplicably winked at HM once.

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Respect is something that is lacking in the world today, most people in your country have lost the ability to show respect to anyone, that is a reason you have got a buffoon as your president, he is just what you disrespectful people deserve.

I'm still waiting...

32 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Your opinion is irrelevant. Americans don't care about the UK or what the British think. As for this episode. Please keep it up. The fact that the president of the US did not bow before a monarch will help in the upcoming elections. Rejecting monarchy is pretty much what the country was founded upon. I can't wait to see the Democrats running on a platform of submitting to the UK monarch. Fact is, we don't need you. Go play with the Germans.

8 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Ist. Barak Obama

2nd ..........

Yeah ya got me there.

If you dont know check it out, Obama was not the first Dwight D was, only President the Queen never met was Gerald Ford.

2 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

There probably was but the orange oaf thinks he's further up the protocol foodchain than the Queen. He is, after all, a repeatedly self-proclaimed genius.

Yes Trumpy for a couple of years will think he is the nuts but the UK Queen has over half a century of respect and knows where ever she goes can deal with what is right and wrong with whom she meets..

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You're not Thai.

Do you observe proper protocol in regards to the King? 

Yes, because it's the proper, respectful thing to do.

Not if you are the Head of State of another country. I would show the proper protocol to the Queen, the King and the President of France, but I don't expect them to do anything more than shake hands between themselves.

38 minutes ago, zydeco said:

OMG!

Are all Americans really as arrogant as the stereotype?

It's called diplomatic protocol.

Queen of England, King of the Zulus, or King of Thailand. There is protocol which is followed whether agreed with or not.

As a Canadian who disagrees with maintaining the queen as our monarch I still understand the importance of protocol.

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Your opinion is irrelevant. Americans don't care about the UK or what the British think. As for this episode. Please keep it up. The fact that the president of the US did not bow before a monarch will help in the upcoming elections. Rejecting monarchy is pretty much what the country was founded upon. I can't wait to see the Democrats running on a platform of submitting to the UK monarch. Fact is, we don't need you. Go play with the Germans.

Do you prefer a .357 or a .44 Magnum....?

Archived