BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been reports that during the visit to Windsor Castle the President broke royal protocol.   Which of the following best describes your opinion on the situation?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Not a good look for the President of the USA., but momentarily blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, simple1 said:

Not a good look for the President of the USA., but momentarily blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment.

I think we can just chalk it up to awareness in general.   She is the queen, you do not forget where she is.   He also turned his back to her and he did not bother to bow or lower his head.  He also showed up 10 minutes late.

The rules may be stiff, but they exist for a reason, and that reason establishes that we have respect for both the person and the position.   She showed her respect by allowing him to visit her at Windsor.   It would have been nice for him to return the respect.  

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

His mind could of been on the nearest McDonald's...:stoner:

20 minutes ago, simple1 said:

To quote Boris Johnson... “You can polish a t**d...” :coffee1:

30 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

What can you expect from a man who has no respect for anybody.

Just a buffoon, no manners, no sense of protocol, no nothing but hot air.

Since when would the word "respect" be in the personal dictionary of fat Donald?

For heaven's sake gentlemen a little realism :smile:

I am a republican in the sense that I do not believe in monarchy at all. But I do believe in respect for one's elders - that means you keep confidences when asked to and you don't step in the way of older people as this is very difficult for them. A little respect is all that is asked for, but this will be difficult for someone like Trump who who is so narcissistic that he cannot understand why someone else gets more respect or attention than he does.

Just remember that as far as Trump was concerned Betty Windsor was meeting him, not him meeting the Queen! 

33 minutes ago, simple1 said:

"Spatial awareness" or just plain clumsy and inconsiderate.

As one who suffers from great anxiety (me) if I'm late for a customer appointment due to traffic, I have a hard time fathoming being late for a meeting with The Queen of England. How totally disrespectful !

Maybe that was by design, like arriving at a party late so as to get ample attention. Yeah, I think so.

He wasn't disrespectful. He is just not aware of any other people but himself.

8 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Plus keeping the Queen waiting as he was late.... and then there was lack of a courteous bow and courtesy by Melania. Was there no protocol briefing?

No bow or courtesy required as they are not UK citizens, but it would have been friendly/nice.  There was probably a protocol briefing, but we know the man has the attention span of a gnat and wouldn’t remember any of it and doesn’t have any respect for protocol or people other than himself.

Everyone is just looking for gaffes and it might have been a small mistake but what's the problem?  someone get killed?  small protocol problems are common when you come from a republic to a monarchy 

Where are the Sex Pistols when you need them? This is surreal, every Brit and his brother being outraged that the Queen would be treated as a mere mortal.