BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why all the fuss, the ariticrosy have been abusing and insulting the common person for centuries. Where did they get their fortunes from the poor people of the country. No person is any better than anyone else. A polite handshake is sufficient, the bow, curtsy and calling someone my lord should have been abolished decades ago. 

The Greek bailout, the Caymans, Brighthouse, tax avoidance the DHSS and doggy parentage is against protocol.

1 minute ago, taffeylad said:

Why all the fuss, the ariticrosy have been abusing and insulting the common person for centuries. Where did they get their fortunes from the poor people of the country. No person is any better than anyone else. A polite handshake is sufficient, the bow, curtsy and calling someone my lord should have been abolished decades ago. 

Was Stalins way better....?

26 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump isn't British so what has he to do with British royal protocol? <snip>

Would you may the same remark if a foreign Head of State breached US protocol whilst visiting the President?

Just now, simple1 said:

Would you may the same remark if a foreign Head of State breached US protocol whilst visiting the President?

Well, you can see what an outburst he has when someone kneels for the National Anthem.   

22 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Fair do Transom you do talk nonsense. 

Thanks....:thumbsup:

The name is Transam ....:stoner:

Yes, he was disrespectful but I don't think it was intentional.  Rather, Trump is too lazy to learn about anything in advance and if anybody briefed him he probably wasn't even listening.  He prefers to wing it on everything and anything he gets wrong or screws up badly--like his interview trashing May--he just labels 'fake news'.  So, his very own interview is fake news.  Total wacko.  Scary.

31 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Well if you ever meet me you had better bow or I'll have you beheaded.

1 hour ago, taffeylad said:

Prince Charles is one of the best examples of this, talking down to everybody.

As a Brit with no love of the Monarchy the point is she is still a head of state in her own country, protocols are there for all Countries and Queenie would be 2nd fiddle in good ole Murica should she visit there, USA protocols would be adhered to if that was the case.

Whether you are a fan of protocol or not the issue is manners, leave a 92  year woman waiting 15 minutes for you, pushing in front of her ? Just plain bad manners old boy.

A gentleman would offer his arm in case she needed it not wander in front her (any her)

I think Obama and his "wife" were worst. Michelle hugged the queen, who was visibly appalled. Obviously, you dont paw the queen.  And Obama started a toast to the queen, which everyone ignored because some other ceremonial (english) custom thing was going on 

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Thanks....:thumbsup:

The name is Transam ....:stoner:

But you can call him Sir,taffy

bow to the queen?  what of trump's base?  they were mortified when obama bowed to the saudi king, whereas trump merely joined in a traditional saber dance.

consider it a "win" that he didn't tell her to get him a sammich.

46 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Agreed, the tradition of keeping royal families should have been abolished long ago,... but it wasn't.  Truth is many, perhaps even most, Brits love their royals, so when Trump disrespects the Queen, he's actually disrespecting much of the English population.  Unfortunately for the US, Trump excels at insulting people.