SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

Your opinion is irrelevant. Americans don't care about the UK or what the British think. As for this episode. Please keep it up. The fact that the president of the US did not bow before a monarch will help in the upcoming elections. Rejecting monarchy is pretty much what the country was founded upon. I can't wait to see the Democrats running on a platform of submitting to the UK monarch. Fact is, we don't need you. Go play with the Germans.

Upset are we? if it was not for the British, Germans and other Europeans where would all you sons of immigrants be?:cheesy:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, colinneil said:

If you dont know check it out, Obama was not the first Dwight D was, only President the Queen never met was Gerald Ford.

Was that when he was just a General? Oh and where is your list? 2 does not make it requirement. Nor Trump not doing so make it disrespectful.

3 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Was that when he was just a General? Oh and where is your list? 2 does not make it requirement. Nor Trump not doing so make it disrespectful.

if you cannot read not my problem, i have told you who was the first, and you make a silly comment about it,.

You yanks are touchy buggers, check your own countries history

Eisenhower met her in 1957. She also met Harry Truman but she was not yet queen at the time.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You yanks are touchy buggers, check your own countries history

We only have one country.  And the people going off the deep end here are people like you and other British. Personally, my criticism is that Trump bothered to go to the UK at all. There are many, many more places that are more important for Americans to spend their time with.

Well I thought that did look rather clumsy but not as bad as what he apparently said to the Sun Newspaper about   Theresa May and Brexit and that Boris Johnson would make a good prime minister.

51 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I do not expect my president to defer to the queen of some second rate power any more than I would expect him to bow and scrape before the king of Lesotho or the Zulus.

If the truth be known, I'm sure he was excited in meeting her than the other way around.

Rumor has it she was most annoyed as she had to watch the latest episode of Coronation street on catch up  due to the meeting clash.

49 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm not much into monarchies or similar old fashioned outdated stuff, but Trump disrespect a 92 old Lady by waiting for him for 15 minutes and leaving her behind when walking the parade. He's just an uneducated stupid lad. 

Maybe he had to take a shit. It's not like English food is very good.

4 minutes ago, zydeco said:

We only have one country.  And the people going off the deep end here are people like you and other British. Personally, my criticism is that Trump bothered to go to the UK at all. There are many, many more places that are more important for Americans to spend their time with.

c8767be91ecf3fa8b325cc89876f4e66.jpg

5 minutes ago, zydeco said:

You appear to have a big french fry on your shoulder.

4 minutes ago, zydeco said:

What are you on about? Truth be known you are not American but are descendent from immigrants who murdered most of the true Americans.

Does it matter The British Royals are just show, very rich, but, never give advice, ideals or look towards helping the common folk. They stay silent and live special lives, and are only commercial property of the Government. Respect has to been earned and they give nothing. There are few Royal families in the world now who prove the respectthey deserve. Alas UK Royals have become nobodies, when was the last time they spoke to the people from the heart and put forward demands to the government for the needs of the people. What would happen if the Queen when on TV and ordered the government to increase cash to the NHS, or even offered to supplement NHS with the small change from their own vast piggy bank?

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Yet another flawed survey by TV, where was the option; 'It was an outrage and he should have been taken to the tower'?

555 - That's just what I was going to say (good job I checked the latest posts before doing so).

This would have been an overwhelming winner IMO.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Truth

No, again, the truth is that there is no requirement to bow before any of the royals. Read it and weep. 

There are no obligatory codes of behaviour when meeting The Queen or a member of the Royal Family, but many people wish to observe the traditional forms.

Or so says your own royal website.  https://www.royal.uk/greeting-member-royal-family

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

if you cannot read not my problem, i have told you who was the first, and you make a silly comment about it.

No, colinneil, you are the one that needs to provide the proof. Elizabeth was crowned during Eisenhower's presidency and she visited the US. I'm not really 'touchy' except when it's just BS bashing. 

I agree that Trump shot his mouth off about PM May and Brexit and he harped too much on NATO. But your comment is just poppycock.

2 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

No, colinneil, you are the one that needs to provide the proof. Elizabeth was crowned during Eisenhower's presidency and she visited the US. I'm not really 'touchy' except when it's just BS bashing. 

I agree that Trump shot his mouth off about PM May and Brexit and he harped too much on NATO. But your comment is just poppycock.

???????

3 minutes ago, soistalker said:

You limie lot colonized a quarter of the planet. And tried to turn all of China into opium addicts. So what are you on about?

Who ya gonna blame us for turning the yanks into cheeseburger addicts, Old McDonald

8 minutes ago, steve73 said:

555 - That's just what I was going to say (good job I checked the latest posts before doing so).

This would have been an overwhelming winner IMO.

My 2nd choice would have been; 'Who actually gives a ****?'

6 minutes ago, bogozy said:

Great Britain was pulled out from shit at WW1 and WW2 with the sacrifice of lot of young american lives. So the Queen of GB can kiss his hand, to show her nation's grateful thanks.

The US entered the war in response to Japans bombing of pearl harbour, we and our allies helped you defeat Japan with a loss of many british and commonwealth lives, so spare us all eh, and remember what this topic is about.

Just now, sungod said:

My 2nd choice would have been; 'Who actually gives a ****?'

Funnily enough I was thinking something similar yesterday when a friend told me that trump had left the queen waiting - which took me by suprise as I'd previously believed these sort of events were 'regimented' to every minute!

It was only later I started thinking/wondering why the queen has particularly special protocols?  Possibly 'cos she's 'in the job for life' - not just a few years?

But at the end of the day I agree, who gives a f..k??

Not that everyone is rushing to defend President Trump, might I guess that only those directly associated with the Royal Household would know all the RULES in dealing with Her Majesty. I don't know how tall the Queen is, but she was dwarfed by both President Trump and his wife and I'm sure some of the clumsiness

on the President and his wife's part was not giving at least a week of lessons in Royal Protocol. While the Americans, by and far, love our British cousins, there are times their "rules" are a pain in the arse. Seems we fought a long way in the late 1700s to get away from these "ROYAL" rules. God Save the Queen.

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I just saw the video. Trump did NOT block the queen. She walked in back of him while he was inspecting the  guard. She then went back to where she was before , and they inspected the guard together. This is fake news and an outright lie.

quite possible.  the press doesn't like trump for some unknown reason.

recall how the press selectively edited the video to show stupid trump dumping out a box of fish food in a koi pond?  oh, how thoughtless!  disrespecting the japanese!  that stupid trump!

until someone went back to find extended versions of abe doing the exact same thing, and trump following his host.

Archived