BANGKOK 26 March 2019 05:09
Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not much into monarchies or similar old fashioned outdated stuff, but Trump disrespect a 92 old Lady by waiting for him for 15 minutes and leaving her behind when walking the parade. He's just an uneducated stupid lad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I do not expect my president to defer to the queen of some second rate power any more than I would expect him to bow and scrape before the king of Lesotho or the Zulus.

Wow !! 

only defer to whites but certainly not "second rate power" whites.

20 minutes ago, zydeco said:

The American head of state does not bow his head to some hereditary monarch from a dinky has been country.

You are quite correct that the American president does not have to bow to anybody, infact when Barack Obama bowed to the Japanese Emperor Akihito he was rebuked by many in the US, it would seem its a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But I don't think that by insulting our "dinky" country was necessary.

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm not much into monarchies or similar old fashioned outdated stuff, but Trump disrespect a 92 old Lady by waiting for him for 15 minutes and leaving her behind when walking the parade. He's just an uneducated stupid lad. 

:clap2:

3 hours ago, Credo said:

She showed her respect by allowing him to have visit her at Windsor.

Well, there's your problem right there... 

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Wow, I never had you down for a Royalist, or is it just a case that you hate Trump more than the monarchy?

I'm impressed that you read what I write.... ?

But I probably feel sorry with old Betty to meet such a bloke for state reasons 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Naam said:

you don't have to be a royalist and you don't have to be a Brit to condemn Trump's behaviour.

Do you think Trump stopped off at at American Golf to buy some golf balls and that made him late.

If I can just edit, there is irony in my post which sawadee will understand I'm sure.

Edited by vogie
  • Haha 1