SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, tropo said:

If bowing or curtseying to an equal is what you call politeness, then yes, it is.

I call politeness being on time and standing aside for 92 year old ladies. things most children learn from their parents. pity this boorish POS didn't

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:
5 minutes ago, tropo said:

If bowing or curtseying to an equal is what you call politeness, then yes, it is.

I call politeness being on time and standing aside for 92 year old ladies. things most children learn from their parents. pity this boorish POS didn't

Please concentrate. I'm specifically referring to the necessity to bow or curtsey at this meeting. It was NOT impolite to shake hands. You should watch the video footage again. The queen started to extend her hand to Trump for a handshake while he was still climbing the stairs.

33 minutes ago, 1Junglemonkey said:

Excuse me? Why should the president of the United States bow to the insignificant Queen of England. Why do you guys even have a queen, isn't that quite outdated? What role does she play in the world as a whole? Sure I would bow to her just out of respect but not if I was the leader of the free world. It should be the other way around.

Leader of the free world?

I must have missed that election.

As far as I am aware, he is the President of the USA. It's a very prestigious position, but the rest of the free world chooses its own leaders. The clue is "FREE".

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

Please concentrate. I'm specifically referring to the necessity to bow or curtsey at this meeting. It was NOT impolite to shake hands. You should watch the video footage again. The queen started to extend her hand to Trump for a handshake while he was still climbing the stairs.

The thread is about trump being a disrespectful boor. period

5 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Leader of the free world?

I must have missed that election.

As far as I am aware, he is the President of the USA. It's a very prestigious position, but the rest of the free world chooses its own leaders. The clue is "FREE".

The free world doesn't have a clear leader anymore. Maybe Macron. "trump" is going for leader of the dictator world but in that contest Putin's poodle can't really compete.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

The thread is a discussion about it but if you feel the need to reply to another poster, then stay on context or don't bother. Period.

The case can be made that you're also a disrespectful boor, just on the other side. You keep harping on about politeness, but you don't seem very polite at all.

asking a question is not a reply:  you didnt specify which tradition. I enquired. try again  

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I can think of one reason. He's not a wimp who blindly follows tired, antiquated traditions. Someone sometime has to end all this nonsense. Well done Trump!

politeness is an antiquated tradition? ?????

Just now, mikesensei said:

There has been a long tradition of Americans sticking a finger up to the UK. Johnny Rotten says Trump is a political sex pistol.

and most citizens expect  their head of state to be slightly more than a boorish sex pistol

Im English, got no time for Trump but didn’t see anything he did or didn’t do as disrespectful. 

The Royal family keep banging on about how modern they are and how they want to change the way they are perceived (which is all bs) so get on with it. Take people as you find them. 

2 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

asking a question is not a reply:  you didnt specify which tradition. I enquired. try again  

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I can think of one reason. He's not a wimp who blindly follows tired, antiquated traditions. Someone sometime has to end all this nonsense. Well done Trump!

politeness is an antiquated tradition? ?????

It most definitely is for you. When confused and short of substance, just use very large emoticons in a childish effort to get your points across.

Trump has no class. Her Majesty is all class.  At the end of his 4 year term Trump will be

gone.  Long live the Queen. I can sure see who are the Trump supporters on this forum.

How many more businesses will go bankrupt because of Trump, even his own businesses

have done that.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

It most definitely is for you. When confused and short of substance, just use very large emoticons in a childish effort to get your points across.

laughing at humourous statements is  not impolite

12 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

While one might think that if one thought that Singapore was typical and credited the British rather than Lee Kuan Yew for their success, but there's also Burma.

Burma has only itself to blame. Racist, greedy mongers like the army have pilfered the country dry and are some of the biggest drug lords in Asia. And then you have parasite leaders like Suu Kyi, who basically endorse genocide in the name of racism. Burma is relatively hopeless, though the people are great. 

9 hours ago, pegman said:

Seems to have been disrespect from both sides.

Where was Phil?

Where was Charles?

Where was Will?

Where was Harry?

Where was Anne?

Where was Andy?

Where was Edward?

Looks like the Royal's got their snubs in too. Good for them. That would have bothered the hell out of his ego. Now please Brits dispose of Mayhem for inviting this cretan in the first place. 

It's reported in the UK press that other members of the royal family refused to meet him.  Unfortunately, the queen can't refuse so she had to go it alone.

8 hours ago, 1Junglemonkey said:

Excuse me? Why should the president of the United States bow to the insignificant Queen of England. Why do you guys even have a queen, isn't that quite outdated? What role does she play in the world as a whole? Sure I would bow to her just out of respect but not if I was the leader of the free world. It should be the other way around.

Did you fart.....:stoner:

Oh your Queen comment..Great Britain has history...:clap2:

The Tangerine Reptile is a loose cannon and that's a well known fact. As an ex-Vet serving Queen and Country for 23 years yes of course he was offensive. In his Defence he is unhinged and unqualified to represent an honourable and dignified country like the USA. The blame is solely on the British Government for endorsing  this invitation and Theresa May is trying to pamper this oversized child for no apparent reason especially as he has now declared us as "Foes" or was it "hoes" which he knows lots about!!

10 hours ago, pegman said:

Seems to have been disrespect from both sides.

Where was Phil?

Where was Charles?

Where was Will?

Where was Harry?

Where was Anne?

Where was Andy?

Where was Edward?

Looks like the Royal's got their snubs in too. Good for them. That would have bothered the hell out of his ego. Now please Brits dispose of Mayhem for inviting this cretan in the first place. 

They don't turn out like the aptly named TRUMPton fire brigade! Where was VP? Speaker? Junior/Daughter/Kutchner?

Trump bamboozled UK prime minister a beauty. Sue the EU. funny stuff. Great tactic by trump to see how well she handles conversations.  Talking to the queen would be difficult. I guess he had to show respect and meet her.  I'd rather have played golf with Greg Norman. Clothes on of course.

He does not have to bow to the Queen and it isn’t expected he should do so.

The Queen is well aware that in meeting Trump she is not only honoring the man but also the head of State of her country’s closest ally.

You are entitled to your opinion of her significance.

There are however some Americans who have taken a different view - Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, Gerard Ford, Jimmy Carter, George Bush Senior, George W Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.Trump himself has echoed the praise of his predecessors.

I leave it to the forum to consider whether more weight should be given to your views or those of the Americans I have mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, 1Junglemonkey said:

Well let's see:

She's the longest reigning monarch alive today in the world.

She's head of state of 16 countries.

She's outlasted 12 US presidents.

At 92, she still works harder than most.

She gives and raises money for hundreds of charities.

She promotes the UK around the world and brings hundreds of millions into the country.

She pays taxes to the UK government (her choice many years ago)

In the second world war, she was trained as a truck driver and mechanic.

and much more of course............

Monarchies outdated?  Well there are 43 of them around the world.

Now where does that put Donald Trump in the pecking order.  President for a limited time. Unpopular both at home and abroad.  Hundreds of lawsuits piling up against him. etc etc etc

8 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Well let's see:

She's the longest reigning monarch alive today in the world.

She's head of state of 16 countries.

She's outlasted 12 US presidents.

At 92, she still works harder than most.

She gives and raises money for hundreds of charities.

She promotes the UK around the world and brings hundreds of millions into the country.

She pays taxes to the UK government (her choice many years ago)

In the second world war, she was trained as a truck driver and mechanic.

and much more of course............

Monarchies outdated?  Well there are 43 of them around the world.

Now where does that put Donald Trump in the pecking order.  President for a limited time. Unpopular both at home and abroad.  Hundreds of lawsuits piling up against him. etc etc etc

This is ludicrous! She was BORN into her position, like almost all of her predecessors. Trump was elected. All of her wealth was inherited by some crazy dubious claims that the Royal family owns land and property in the UK - what exactly did the family do way back when to justify ownership of these properties?

She pays taxes - oh that's quite nice of her considering the government pays the for family's expenses and extravagant lifestyle. What exactly has any Royal Family done to create wealth or jobs, other than their own or those who serve them?

So in fact she's nothing more than an elderly tourism ambassador. 

Sorry, but most Americans have no use for Monarchies and it's worked out pretty well for over 200 years. 

3 minutes ago, phkauf said:

This is ludicrous! She was BORN into her position, like almost all of her predecessors. Trump was elected. All of her wealth was inherited by some crazy dubious claims that the Royal family owns land and property in the UK - what exactly did the family do way back when to justify ownership of these properties?

She pays taxes - oh that's quite nice of her considering the government pays the for family's expenses and extravagant lifestyle. What exactly has any Royal Family done to create wealth or jobs, other than their own or those who serve them?

Sorry, but most Americans have no use for Monarchies and it's worked out pretty well for over 200 years. 

she's the head of state. all countries pay the expenses of their head of state. and the head of the American state has many reasons to have use for the British head of state

1 minute ago, AYJAYDEE said:

she's the head of state. all countries pay the expenses of their head of state. and the head of the American state has many reasons to have use for the British head of state

Fair point about her position as Head of State. But I question the rationale for her having the position in the first place. Being a member of the lucky sperm club doesn't really cut it in my book.

Oh, and Trump certainly drew quite a few lucky cards as well in his life. He's far from the self-made billionaire he claims, but at least he did create more wealth and jobs than he was given.

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Good on yer Mr President to put this nonsense in perspective.

Don't know why he had to even have a meet with her or her hangers-on.

Well done The Don.

because he requested it

7 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Fair point about her position as Head of State. But I question the rationale for her having the position in the first place. Being a member of the lucky sperm club doesn't really cut it in my book.

Oh, and Trump certainly drew quite a few lucky cards as well in his life. He's far from the self-made billionaire he claims, but at least he did create more wealth and jobs than he was given.

well the monarchs have been head of state for about 1000 years so I guess they have decided they want it that way. But by all means write to them with your concerns. who knows, they may welcome your opinion?

But nobody is suggesting that America should become a monarchy though the hereditary principle seems more embedded in your political class than anywhere else.

Trump also inherited his wealth.It has been calculated that if he had invested his inheritance in a fund tracking the Dow Jones, he would have even more money than he has now.

I can empathize with your rage but unfortunately it is undermined by ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived