Anyone Know Big Bill @winchester Saloon

guido

The Winchester in Jomtien has now been renamed as The Blind Beggar. Still in the same premises and still with the same format (free Sunday brunch still going strong). As for Bill, he is far from dead! I understand that he had a slight problem with Thai immigration which meant he had to leave the country pretty ###### quick! He is now in Angeles City in the Philippines managing one of the bars of another well-known ex-Pattaya resident. If you're ever in Angeles look him up in the Flamingo Bar (by the swimming pool of the Orchid Inn) and say hi.

The Winchester in Jomtien has now been renamed as The Blind Beggar. Still in the same premises and still with the same format (free Sunday brunch still going strong). As for Bill, he is far from dead! I understand that he had a slight problem with Thai immigration which meant he had to leave the country pretty ###### quick! He is now in Angeles City in the Philippines managing one of the bars of another well-known ex-Pattaya resident. If you're ever in Angeles look him up in the Flamingo Bar (by the swimming pool of the Orchid Inn) and say hi.

True, he is in angeles, i thought he opened up new bars not managed but owned?

I have also heard he is an owner. I was at the Winchester the day the police raid went off. Happened right after his Sunday afternoon show. I was sitting at the owner's bar with a friend and saw all these Thai guys coming in and thought it might be a band. Then I saw Channel 7,5,3,Sophon, etc cameramen following right behind. Saw myself on the news that night.

Sure ruined the afternoon's entertainment. :o

Improper showing was the charge. All the dancing girls and the Thai managers were arrested as I recall. I heard all kinds of rumors about the fine but none of them were ever substantiated.

No customers were arrested.

Improper showing was the charge. All the dancing girls and the Thai managers were arrested as I recall. I heard all kinds of rumors about the fine but none of them were ever substantiated.

No customers were arrested.

Improper showing would only be cause for a fine. This would be no reason to leave town would it? It was said by one of the monthly internet sites of angeles that he was managing the bar at the orchid or swagman hotels. I am sure if you sent the guy at harry the horse he would be able to give you an up to date where or what the guy is doing now if still in angeles.

Bill sold the Winchester to a couple of guys that renamed it the Blind Beggar. The raid had nothing to do with him leaving and happened long before he sold the bar. He wasn't arrested as I have heard. Just the Thai managers.

As far as I know he did not leave under any cloud of shame. If there was anything else I never heard of it.

Mates, he got out because he had too for his own safety. If you knew Bill well you would have known about his past. His past caught up with him, and his safehaven here in Thailand was no longer safe, so he got out as the Thai's decided they were going to go for him. He knew this was about to happen to him hence he sold the Winchester.

I got this from a very close source to him and have no reason to doubt it.