Govt pledges to eradicate poverty ahead of general election

rooster59

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Unless mass genocide is on the agenda,  which I doubt,  

Don't give them any ideas. 

It's happened enough times in human history to not discount it still happening anywhere. 

We didn't get to the top of the food chain by using our intelligence to be nice. 

As someone said on the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary. 

We're all natural born killers,  and Military Service is just finishing school. 

On 7/15/2018 at 9:09 AM, darksidedog said:

Marvelous! Why not promise to stamp out original sin while he is at it? Utterly ridiculous and totally unbelievable thing to say, though I guess there are some out there stupid enough to believe it. Poverty is not going away here, at least not for a very long time and probably never.

True. But someone once promised everyone who voted for him would "all be millionaires' in 6 months". And plenty believed it; or thought they'd get something better for nothing.

It's like when those beauty contestants say they want to work for 'world peace, reduce poverty and children's well being" - everyone knows they ain't really got a clue and are more interested in the next designer handbag of whatever.

Politicians just keep proving that you can promise anything and then just never deliver and get away with it!

On 7/16/2018 at 2:53 PM, Baerboxer said:

True. But someone once promised everyone who voted for him would "all be millionaires' in 6 months". And plenty believed it; or thought they'd get something better for nothing.

It's like when those beauty contestants say they want to work for 'world peace, reduce poverty and children's well being" - everyone knows they ain't really got a clue and are more interested in the next designer handbag of whatever.

Politicians just keep proving that you can promise anything and then just never deliver and get away with it!

Agree totally but sorry to bore you with the usual fact that politician who don't keep up with their promise will have to face the wrath of the people. On the other hand......(you know the rest). 

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

sorry I am late to the party on this story.

"Govt pledges to eradicate poverty ahead of general election"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I think he refers to any of the "elite" who may feel they are not already rich enough?

Otherwise, despite my feelings, he is a comedian after all. 

Archived