There is a reason why expats are not glued to their TV sets like the West

rooster59

On 7/16/2018 at 7:27 AM, colinneil said:

True mate, the only tv in our home is used as the monitor for the cctv.

Hi Colin. Can I come to your place to watch your TV.  Would be more entertaining than what is shown on most channels either in Oz or back here. 555

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AboutThaim said:

Hi Colin. Can I come to your place to watch your TV.  Would be more entertaining than what is shown on most channels either in Oz or back here. 555

Your not wrong mate, with some of the goings on in this village better than any tv soap opera.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:18 AM, AlQaholic said:

Watching TV is something one does when one has no purpose and nothing useful to do with one's life.

Oh come on " Netflix" has many a good series or film to watch late evening with a beer before bed it's sometime's part of my one's life.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Lungstib said:

Even in the U.K. (till I was 27) I never watched much TV. Then I spent many years in adventure travel and TV wasn't available. Since spending more time in a home in Thailand I have found the TV to be almost impossible to watch. The programs are poor and the ads so awful that I drive my wife crazy with my comments. Books took over in my mid 20's and are still my main form of evening entertainment.

I found the BBC had many really great shows on and loved that there were no ads.

However, I spent more time on the internet than tv.

Archived