30 day visa on arrival for UK citizen, return flight to yangon, mynamar?

Hello,

Would I be granted a 30 days visa on arrival , if I flew to Yangon, Myanmar ona Friday evening, and returned to Bangkok the next day on a saturday

--- ( N.B My 60 day tourist visa + 30 day extension is about to run out) 

Thanks

Assuming you are from a country that allows a "Visa-Exempt" entry (if that's what you mean) then yes.  e.g. British or US, etc.  You can then extend the V-E for a further 30 days if required.

A visa on entry is a completely different thing, and are only available for citizens of a few countries..

A 30 day visa on arrival does not exist. There is a 15 visa on arrival that costs 2000 baht for those from 21 countries that qualify for it.

You would get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you return from Myanmar without a problem.

You will need to get a visa for Myanmar that is available online.

It might cost less to fly to Kuala Lumpur instead of Myanmar since you would get a visa exempt entry there.

Assuming you have not spent many months in Thailand in the last year, or have several previous visa exempt entries since 2015, there should be no difficulty with your plans. However, you should be aware that immigration officials have pretty much total discretion in whether to grant visa exempt entries, and are indeed instructed to deny visa exempt entry (flexibly) to those using visa exempt entries to stay long term in Thailand. Have 20,000 baht equivalent in cash on you, as this is the first thing an official inquires about if considering denying entry.