Visa Running out

Just a question for a friend his visa is expires on the 22nd he’s on a non o marriage he plans to go to work 28th can he get a few day extension at his local immagration office otherwise he’ll have to come savankhet with me this coming week thanks in advance.

Is he on a visa (leaves every 90 days) or an extension based on marriage?

If he has a visa he could get 60 days to visit his wife.

If on an extension and he meets the financials he can get a new 12 month extension against which he can get a Work Permit.

I assume the 90 day entry from his visa is ending on the 22nd not his visa that is expiring. His visa expiring means nothing now since he is already in the country.

He can apply for a 60 day extension to visit his wife. She would need to be with him when he applies for it.

Another option is to a apply for an extension, pay the 1900 baht fee and be granted 7 days to leave the country after the application is denied.

• Like 1

Hi maybe I didn’t explain properly yes 22nd is the visa expires and he’s going offshore for a few mnths hence why he only needs a few days I’m pretty green hence why I posted if he can get extension for 7 days all replies I m very thankful for

2 minutes ago, Thai Expat said:

Hi maybe I didn’t explain properly yes 22nd is the visa expires and he’s going offshore for a few mnths hence why he only needs a few days I’m pretty green hence why I posted if he can get extension for 7 days all replies I m very thankful for

His visas expiration date is not the date he has to leave the country on or before that day.

He only needs to leave on or before the admitted until date on his most recent entry stamp,

I just looked at his passport his report day is 21 st this mnth and the visa stamp says admitted till the 21st also so what are his options He’s worried as it’s sunday and his work day to go offshore is close to the end of  mnth he doesn’t want to overstay just Incase he develops a problem when he returns also return date be few mnths time  so no point in doing year renewal 

Edited by Thai Expat
More info

On 7/10/2018 at 5:14 AM, BuckBee said:

I never seen it needed in over 4yrs of dealings with them .

On 7/12/2018 at 10:15 AM, SimonD said:

Check the later pages of this long running thread:

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

His visas expiration date is not the date he has to leave the country on or before that day.

He only needs to leave on or before the admitted until date on his most recent entry stamp,

Thanks guys like I said in next info he has till 21st looked at his passport 

I am still not totally clear if he is here on a multiple entry visa (with an expiry date of 22 July and a current permission to stay until 21 July on his most recent entry) or if he is on an extension of stay issued at an immigration office in Thailand that expires 21 July.. We can give appropriate advice for each individual situation, but it would be less confusing if we knew first the current position precisely and can suggest what to do accordingly.

This thread is a perfect example of the confusion that exists from mixing up visapermission to stayextension, re-entry permit,, 90-day report visa exempt entryvisa on arrival etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I am still not totally clear if he is here on a multiple entry visa (with an expiry date of 22 July and a current permission to stay until 21 July on his most recent entry) or if he is on an extension of stay issued at an immigration office in Thailand that expires 21 July.. We can give appropriate advice for each individual situation, but it would be less confusing if we knew first the current position precisely and can suggest what to do accordingly.

This thread is a perfect example of the confusion that exists from mixing up visapermission to stayextension, re-entry permit,, 90-day report visa exempt entryvisa on arrival etc.

He is on a non o visa based on marriage his report day is 21st July and visa stamped says leave same day

he is due to go offshore at end of the mnth he only wants to know if he can get a extension at immagration he would of got a year but he is unsure how long his contract offshore is for hence why he needs short extension is it available I’m green on all this I said I’ll post it for him

5 hours ago, Thai Expat said:

He is on a non o visa based on marriage his report day is 21st July and visa stamped says leave same day

he is due to go offshore at end of the mnth he only wants to know if he can get a extension at immagration he would of got a year but he is unsure how long his contract offshore is for hence why he needs short extension is it available I’m green on all this I said I’ll post it for him

I do not know what you mean by "report day" (which in the meaning of 90-day report makes sense only if he is on an extension of stay) in combination with a multiple entry Non O visa. That aside, what is the "enter before" date on his visa?

If he was on a Non Imm O Visa based on marriage, he wouldn't have any report date.

He must leave the Country every 90 days and re-enter to get another 90 days.

Alternatively if he was on an extension of permission to stay based on marriage, he would be able to make regular 90 day reports at an IO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thai Expat said:

You still seem to be conusing a visa issued by a embassy or consulate with a permit to stay (admitted until) stamped in the passport by immigration on entry to the country.

He can extend his permit to stay for 60 days at immigration.

A visa cannot be extended. What is the enter before date on his visa sticker. If he leaves and re-enters the country on or before that date he would get a new 90 day permit to stay.