Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue a 'pedo' in baseless attack

webfact

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

What did Vern gain from that? ...

Maybe he just wanted to smack down a God-Like critter who is just too smart for his own good and not particularly useful to the rest of mankind.  Unless you want a mega-bucks electric car in a place where you don't need a heater in the winter time. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Vern Unsworth who unfairly first attacked Elon Musk, for not caring about the children, but only trying to promote his business.  But I would have expected Musk to be smarter, than to fight back by calling Vern Unsworth a Pedo.

2 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Exactly, it's obvious from most comments that many people have never manged a large, international, rapid pace issue like this. In such a crisis, multiple options are procured and developed concurrently so as not to be caught out. It's called risk management. 

So why was Musk so rude about Narongsak? He (Narongsak) was running a massive rescue attempt and was having to make life and death decisions against the clock. And he doubtless took advice from the sharp end of the rescue effort before rejecting Musk's submarine option. He took what he thought was the best option and, as everyone escaped safely, it was almost certainly the correct one. And Musk's reaction? To question the man's competence! To be honest, Musk has lost the plot.

Well until this incident I had never heard of Musk, I know nothing about him and I will not waste time googling him. Put yourself in the shoes of the guy in charge, he has a team of experienced and proven international divers or a as yet unproven foreigner with a "submarine" that needs to travel up cliffs and over land? Which one would you choose when 13 lives are at stake? Personally I think the guy in charge made the right decision and given the information released so far I am sure he considered every option. I for one am very happy that all 13 were rescued safetly tinged with sadness that one diver lost his life. 

1 minute ago, Cowboyshoe said:

Methinks Mr. Musk is schooling Mr. Unsworth in the true nature of a "P.R. stunt".

?

It's just rough sledging used on the sporting field and will only hurt Musk, hence the deletions.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue a 'pedo' in baseless attack

It gets even weirder. Shortly before, Musk mentioned in a tweet that the British diver was living in Thailand - calling it "suspicious". I wonder how the "authorities" here will digest this? 

Just now, Lupatria said:

It gets even weirder. Shortly before, Musk mentioned in a tweet that the British diver was living in Thailand - calling it "suspicious". I wonder how the "authorities" here will digest this? 

He is insulting 70m Thais.

6 minutes ago, harrycallahan said:

What would the hero divers have done if one of the kids was incapacitated? Elon's plan was viable and his presence was potentially life saving. The divers (some) were unnecessarily antagonistic from early on in the piece, so now it's come to this. 

I wrote in the discussion before the mission started by taking them out, this device is complicated to operated, especially when not properly tested, have rescuers who have trained with it, experienced potential failures, and how to fix it, and also in a hostile cave inviroment as well. It is just stupid to think it would be a easy rescue with a mini sub even made by "Musk". Adding complexity to an already dangerous operation, is more risky, than using equipment the divers alreday know, and also have a back up system and plans for. Yes it was risky, but the operation had to move on, since they where running out of time. As I read, the thais wanted them to stay in the cave, wich would leed them to a slow death, or worst case drowning by the first rainfall.

Im sure there where alot of chaos in and around the cave, and after the divers will naturaly have a break down, when everything goes silent. No more pressure, but alot of stupid questions and attention not wanted, and that is also a pressure to keep up with afterwards when you just need time to debrief yourselves after your buddies left the country, and you are alone back. 

Musk have no idea what these men have been trough, and since Verns answer is coming after a long period with stress, and potential deadly failures for the kids, his buddies and himself. No need to explain more than that, and Musk should have been the bigger guy and kept his mouth silent. 

Again to repaet myselves, if they had months, maybe the sub could have been a tool to use, but they did not have that time. 

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Mr Musk is just a narcistic and egomanic genius who can't stand it if he get's criticized. Then he does not know anything else but retort with insults. 

But... he is in a boat with Donald Trump in all that, except that Trump definitely is NO genius, no matter what he claims

Sad that this is the current "Best" America has to "offer" to the world, can add Maxine Waters to that group also

Knew some poster would bring up DJT no matter this thread hasn't a thing to do with him. 

TDS is out of control! 555 

4 minutes ago, retsdon said:

So why was Musk so rude about Narongsak?

Easy answer. Because Elon's design was based on British cave expert diver Stanton who had dived the route, found the kids, and subsequently encouraged Elon to develop the sub.

5 minutes ago, retsdon said:

as everyone escaped safely, it was almost certainly the correct one.

And if someone died would it mean almost certainly it was the incorrect one? All we know is it was a judgement call and thankfully, it worked. Certainly it was risky and the chances of 100% survival was never guaranteed from any of the available options.

1 minute ago, canopy said:

Easy answer. Because Elon's design was based on British cave expert diver Stanton who had dived the route, found the kids, and subsequently encouraged Elon to develop the sub.

And if someone died would it mean almost certainly it was the incorrect one? All we know is it was a judgement call and thankfully, it worked. Certainly it was risky and the chances of 100% survival was never guaranteed from any of the available options.

An unproven rushed out sub being a much more risky choice and possibly of limited use given the tight turns.

1 hour ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Wasn't Elon Musk involved in setting up PayPal?

I would have thought that provenance would be enough to keep his mouth firmly shut...

paypal is as cooked as it comes, no wonder this guy is behind it.  

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I wrote in the discussion before the mission started by taking them out, this device is complicated to operated, especially when not properly tested, have rescuers who have trained with it, experienced potential failures, and how to fix it, and also in a hostile cave inviroment as well. It is just stupid to think it would be a easy rescue with a mini sub even made by "Musk". Adding complexity to an already dangerous operation, is more risky, than using equipment the divers alreday know, and also have a back up system and plans for. Yes it was risky, but the operation had to move on, since they where running out of time. As I read, the thais wanted them to stay in the cave, wich would leed them to a slow death, or worst case drowning by the first rainfall.

Im sure there where alot of chaos in and around the cave, and after the divers will naturaly have a break down, when everything goes silent. No more pressure, but alot of stupid questions and attention not wanted, and that is also a pressure to keep up with afterwards when you just need time to debrief yourselves after your buddies left the country, and you are alone back. 

Musk have no idea what these men have been trough, and since Verns answer is coming after a long period with stress, and potential deadly failures for the kids, his buddies and himself. No need to explain more than that, and Musk should have been the bigger guy and kept his mouth silent. 

Again to repaet myselves, if they had months, maybe the sub could have been a tool to use, but they did not have that time. 

Even more important, that with only ONE sub, they wouldn´t have gotten all children and coach out as fast as necessary, due to the flooding risk.

Hello

I had hesitated to post when this Musk attacked the governor heading the rescue operations, saying he did not know anything about the technical issues.. Then I thought people would be intelligent enough not to open controversies after this well done rescue and hoped the people of whatever country who made this possible would allow everyone just to be happy about the issue and not to begin to fight and be nasty..

Came also the tweet of Trump taking as usual everything as a US success..

Now this tweet from Musk..Maybe the governor did not know anything about the technical issues which had to be dealt with.. But you don t know anything either M Musk.. You just came with your little submarine made by your engineers, whithout knowing anything about the cave design and if it was usefull..

If I had been the governor.. with 2 days of rescue of the boys going smoothly.. would I have made the choice of going for your new never tested submarine ?? The answer is no..

You had a chance, after promoting yourself as much as possible on the social medias, to go home with your face up, donating the submarine to Thailand if you wished to, recognizing rescue team had made an excellent job and you were happy about it.. But that was not enough for you

So shame on you, shame on you for going into a controversy and insults against people who are on the first line for saving the boys and shame on your president for trying to take all the benefits of the rescue when a lot more people of other nationalities were involved..

I hope your attitude could be known all over the world and you could be punished as you deserve to be.. At least your punishment could be being considered as a rude selfish greedy rapacious idiot all over the world..

To all, have a nice day..

4 minutes ago, canopy said:

Because Elon's design was based on British cave expert diver Stanton who had dived the route, found the kids, and subsequently encouraged Elon to develop the sub.

What's your point? Are you saying Narongsak didn't take advice from the diving crews before rejecting Musk's submarine?  Stanton saying that the concept was a good idea is hardly the same thing as agreeing that Musk's prototype (cos that's what it was) was a better option than swimming the kids out AT THE TIME!

8 minutes ago, canopy said:

And if someone died would it mean almost certainly it was the incorrect one?

That's trying to prove a negative. What you can safely say is that because everyone escaped, Narongsak's decision wasn't the wrong one. Does that suit?

52 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

{snipped}

The Tweeter storm shows shows that people are very disgusted with Musk. Almost 3 hours after his first tweets, he posted in effect that Vern started it first. Dude needs to claim that Valium from all his travels caused this "abnormal" posting. His fanboys will swallow that

I think that's Roseanne Barr's line.

Vern is a current darling of the International Press.

Its they who decides who wins or loses this week.

But Musk isnt going anywhere.

This story will fade.

The press is controlled by big money after all is insulted  and done.

8 minutes ago, canopy said:

Total lie. People with Musk Derangement Syndrome are out of control. His design was not based on Stanton. Furthermore he had his 2 engineers on site  2 days before he showed up. He didn't need a personal tour conducted by the Thai Navy divers. The POS was wasting rescuer's valuable time.

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

From Ironman to jackass in one tweet.

Precisely!!  One of my favourite people in the world dethrone himself in a tweet with two words. His submarine was a cute idea but inappropriate for this application.  What if it had gotfirmly stuck with a kid in it and blocking the passage as well.  Experts evaluated it and declared it inappropriate but Elon'a ego knows no bounds.

Musk has shown himself to be little more than a very spoilt and immature BRAT

It is heinous to intentionally and without reason call someone a pedo when clearly he is not.

An earlier mention of defamatory action should resoundingly be on your horizon Vern.

Archived