Pattaya woman, 27, rushes home to find her condo ablaze

webfact

Pattaya woman, 27, rushes home to find her condo ablaze

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Pattaya woman said she nearly collapsed when she rushed home to find her condominium ablaze.

Satchada, 27, had gone out to work at 9pm on Saturday. When she heard of the fire at Niran Condo in Central Pattaya she rushed home.

The fire was centered on her room - 261 on the fourth floor of building B1.

"I have lost everything," she said.

The fire was noticed by security guard Salee, 35, who tried to tackle it with an extinguisher, reported Sanook.

But it was soon obvious that he could not manage that. He then informed residents to evacuate and called the fire brigade.

Eight engines responded and it took half an hour to put out the fire that gutted the apartment and caused 500,000 baht worth of damage.

A video showed the fire services tackling the fire and the aftermath as hundreds watched the drama from the street.

An investigation is underway and no cause has yet been ascertained.

Picture: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-16

I am amazed that there was enough inflatable stuff around to fuel such a blaze! Most Thai owned properties are almost devoid of hard and soft furnishings. Concrete, tiles and Gyproc don't burn.

5 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Niran condo is not a good place to live 

meny stories about this place 

Drugs, fighting, noisy bike's and now fire but good she was not home 

Possibly all of that in Nirun, yet one thing is missing. Old men believing in rumours.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:44 PM, fakename said:

With all the motor bikes there, its lucky that the fire trucks could get near the fire.

I saw a video where the firetrucks pulled up right up  under the room and squirted the water hoses at the balcony and the fire was out in seconds...It was on facebook, sorry I don't have the link.

13 hours ago, bahtboy said:

This fire caused 500,000 baht worth of improvements!

I saw the room today.  You really can't hurt the concrete shell so it can be fixed up for maybe 60-100,000 baht unless you go for high end furniture...Probably less than 50K and the room will be better than before.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

Niran condo is not a good place to live 

meny stories about this place 

Drugs, fighting, noisy bike's and now fire but good she was not home 

I am sure that the 5000-8000 people that live there would not agree with you...In the 9 years that I lived there I never heard any noisy motorbikes  and the police where only called there a handful of times in 9 years...With 2,000 condos in Nirun,  you would certainly expect to have a few issues now and again...Please let us all know in what wonderful, safe, and quiet area you live in....Thanks.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, Grusa said:

I am amazed that there was enough inflatable stuff around to fuel such a blaze! Most Thai owned properties are almost devoid of hard and soft furnishings. Concrete, tiles and Gyproc don't burn.

Yeah, that "inflatable" stuff is the worst. 

"Most Thai owned properties are almost devoid of hard and soft furnishings."

What?

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yeah, that "inflatable" stuff is the worst. 

"Most Thai owned properties are almost devoid of hard and soft furnishings."

What?

Damn all predictive typing! Of course I meant inflammable but for some reason it's not in the dictionary. My bad, I should have proofed before posting!

Thais do not seem to appreciate carpets, heavy curtains, well padded suites, the way we westerners do. Their properties are not generally full of such highly inflammable things. I thought I made that point sufficiently clearly, sorry if I did not.

10 hours ago, Grusa said:

Damn all predictive typing! Of course I meant inflammable but for some reason it's not in the dictionary. My bad, I should have proofed before posting!

Thais do not seem to appreciate carpets, heavy curtains, well padded suites, the way we westerners do. Their properties are not generally full of such highly inflammable things. I thought I made that point sufficiently clearly, sorry if I did not.

"Their properties are not generally full of such highly inflammable things. I thought I made that point sufficiently clearly, sorry if I did not".

What you stated was perfectly clear hence my "what?" because what you stated was nonsense with the exception of carpets.  Plastics, electrical appliances, mdf wardrobes, fabric clothes containers that replace wardrobes for many Thais, mattresses, pillows, clothing, towels, almost every personal possession, paint, window and door frames, wiring, cooking gas cylinders, they all burn.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Their properties are not generally full of such highly inflammable things. I thought I made that point sufficiently clearly, sorry if I did not".

What you stated was perfectly clear hence my "what?" because what you stated was nonsense with the exception of carpets.  Plastics, electrical appliances, mdf wardrobes, fabric clothes containers that replace wardrobes for many Thais, mattresses, pillows, clothing, towels, almost every personal possession, paint, window and door frames, wiring, cooking gas cylinders, they all burn.

I accept correction gracefully, but I still think farang apartments are more likely to fuel a fire - not ignite one - than Thai.

The only thing that won't burn is the concrete shell(walls)...The tiles won't burn but may crack or get discolored from the extreme heat.  Usually , in lower priced rooms/condos,  they don't have expensive furniture so it doesn't cost that much to re-do the place.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:57 PM, Grusa said:

I accept correction gracefully, but I still think farang apartments are more likely to fuel a fire - not ignite one - than Thai.

You never lived in an upscale condo here then , Thais with an above average income can afford same type of furniture as westerners.

They also comes fully furnished when you move into a new condo project . With western style kitchen and all you need.  

Archived