Factory resetting a Samsung device

ravip

Ever tried to factory reset a Samsung Device and come up with the following error when trying to login to your Google account?

image.png.b9c0500c72e48c775cba55b1f65d9d91.png

I can access my google account via the web so the login/password are OK. Have waited 24 hours without result. Have waited 72 hours without result. Any known solution please?

The device I encountered the issue is:

SM-J210F

Running Android 6.0.1

Only solution is to pay and request Samsung to reset the device, at a cost.

5 minutes ago, puchooay said:

There are two ways to factory reset. How did you do it?

1. By the settings>Security>Backup and reset>Factory data reset

2. Simultaneously press and hold the power button + volume up button + home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the power button. ...
From the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset. ...
Select Yes -- delete all user data. ...
Select reboot system now.

(The older phones do not have this issue when using either method)

The 24/72 hour lock-out period starts from the last attempt to connect to that account with a new device and the countdown will be reset if there are any further attempts within that period. So the safest way is to simply switch off the phone for that period of time.

If that fails or you don't want to wait, it is almost always possible to bypass Google's FRP lock. There are multiple methods for doing that depending on the phone model and/or the Android Security Patch level installed on the phone. Pretty much all methods involve finding a back-door into Android Settings so that a new account can be added and then the phone reset again (but from within the OS). Since you say that the phone is still on Android 6.0.1 so the chances are it will be pretty easy to find a solution because the exploits are almost always patched on newer firmware. Searching on Youtube is a good way to find FRP exploits.

Whatever you do, don't flash any updated firmware until the FRP problem is solved. That will just make it harder to crack - if that becomes necessary.

11 minutes ago, thedemon said:

The 24/72 hour lock-out period starts from the last attempt to connect to that account with a new device and the countdown will be reset if there are any further attempts within that period. So the safest way is to simply switch off the phone for that period of time.

If that fails or you don't want to wait, it is almost always possible to bypass Google's FRP lock. There are multiple methods for doing that depending on the phone model and/or the Android Security Patch level installed on the phone. Pretty much all methods involve finding a back-door into Android Settings so that a new account can be added and then the phone reset again (but from within the OS). Since you say that the phone is still on Android 6.0.1 so the chances are it will be pretty easy to find a solution because the exploits are almost always patched on newer firmware. Searching on Youtube is a good way to find FRP exploits.

Whatever you do, don't flash any updated firmware until the FRP problem is solved. That will just make it harder to crack - if that becomes necessary.

Thank you very much for the info. Unfortunately I sent the phone to Samsung for unlocking. Next time a phone comes up with this issue I will try out your suggestions.

Archived