Visa Exemption in Savannakhet / Mukdahan

I will be in the Mukdahan area soon and I am checking out some more ("visa") options in addition to my questions asked earlier since I won't have much time.

Background:
I have a brand new German passport.
I had Non Immigrant O multiple entry visas for the last 3 years. My last tourist visa is from 2014. All that is in my old passport.
I cannot remember if I ever had a visa exemption in the last 8 years. I don't think so.

Now my questions:
Can I just cross the border to Savannakhet and directly come back to Mukdahan and get a 30 day visa exemption?
Or is there any trouble to be expected?
Any disadvantages caused by that?

As I said I am thinking about this option for time reasons.
My idea then would be to get a SETV at a later date and after that SETV I will go for a "long term" visa again.

Edit: Forgot to say that I am on my last entry of my Non Immigrant O multiple entry right now. So that visa is "used" and done.

Edited by vi2004

No problem to do a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry there.

Beware you will only be able do one more visa exempt entry at a land border crossing this year. Only 2 per calendar year are allowed.

That's great news ubonjoe.
And I don't plan to get any more visa exempt entries anyway.

Since you say it's no problem here are my follow-up questions:

- Do I need to show anything to Thai Immigration on my way back? Plane ticket out of Thailand for example? I guess I should bring 20.000 baht in cash to be on the safe side?!
- Could I then really extend this 30 day visa exempt entry stamp for another 30 days in Chaengwattana?

16 minutes ago, vi2004 said:

Do I need to show anything to Thai Immigration on my way back? Plane ticket out of Thailand for example? I guess I should bring 20.000 baht in cash to be on the safe side?!

Nothing other than the 20k baht in case it was asked for. Mukdahan and most other crossings from Laos are friendly.

16 minutes ago, vi2004 said:

Could I then really extend this 30 day visa exempt entry stamp for another 30 days in Chaengwattana?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...