60 Tourist Visa, where to extend near my apartment

I am staying near the Big C supercenter off Lad Phrao road and would like to know where I can go nearest this area for a 30 day extension of my 60 day tourist visa. Also, is there any maximum or minimum time limit on when I can request the extension? From what I have read it seems like the fee will be 1900 Baht. Is that correct?  Also, it seem like this task is same day completion. Is that correct? Any question I have missed asking that is relevant to successfully achieving this task?

The only office you can apply at is at Chaeng Wattana. Map: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

You can apply for it up to 2 weeks early to the last day if you want to.

The fee is 1900 baht.

It will issued while you wait.

You will need a completed TM7 form with 4 X6 photo attached, copy of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

ubonjoe, thanks for the great answer. Very helpful. I am considering two points. Maybe it is cost effective to find an agent to handle this, when considering taxi fares, traffic jams etc. Lad Phrao road can be a major traffic headache. What do you think. Also, I have down loaded the form to fill out. Will they accept completed copies of that form???

You could take the MRT (subway) to Mo Chit and a taxi from there to avoid some trafic.

From the map I posted a link to. 

By Bangkok subway

ChatuchakPark station is the closest subway station to Immigration Division1 at The Govenment Complex. Take Then take a bus No.52 OR Taxi to Chaengwattana Road, Soi7.

Chatuchak Park and Mor Chit is the same station.

The will want the original completed TM7 form not a copy of it after it is completed. You only need one completed form.

4 hours ago, Biker Boy said:

ubonjoe, thanks for the great answer. Very helpful. I am considering two points. Maybe it is cost effective to find an agent to handle this, when considering taxi fares, traffic jams etc. Lad Phrao road can be a major traffic headache. What do you think. Also, I have down loaded the form to fill out. Will they accept completed copies of that form???

An agent will cost you a lot more than the taxi fares.

12 hours ago, Biker Boy said:

Maybe it is cost effective to find an agent to handle this

Under normal circumstances, you are supposed to attend immigration personally when applying for an extension, even if using the services of an agent. The only advantage of a good agent is that they can provide transport, and arrange priority queuing which can sometimes mean a much shorter wait. If dealing with an agent who claims they can get the extension without your presence, be careful. This may not be following normal procedures, and may not be completed properly. Using an agent will not save money.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Under normal circumstances, you are supposed to attend immigration personally when applying for an extension, even if using the services of an agent. The only advantage of a good agent is that they can provide transport, and arrange priority queuing which can sometimes mean a much shorter wait. If dealing with an agent who claims they can get the extension without your presence, be careful. This may not be following normal procedures, and may not be completed properly. Using an agent will not save money.

Really?  I did one extension many years ago using Key Visa as I recall in Pattaya.  All the stuff was returned to me the next day at the shop.  I signed a bunch of stuff, and I just assumed it was OK for the agency to do that.  I mean that's what proper agents are supposed to be authorized to do.   But is it law or policy that they can not act as the representatives?  Or just an immigration office thing that varies from place to place?

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Really?  I did one extension many years ago using Key Visa as I recall in Pattaya.  All the stuff was returned to me the next day at the shop.  I signed a bunch of stuff, and I just assumed it was OK for the agency to do that.  I mean that's what proper agents are supposed to be authorized to do.   But is it law or policy that they can not act as the representatives?  Or just an immigration office thing that varies from place to place?

I do not know what the rules were years ago. Today, there are some services agents can provide without your attendance at immigration. An example is 90-day reports. For extensions, unless you are physically unable to attend (for instance, in hospital) an agent is not allowed to act for you without your presence. One reason is that, in most offices, they take your photo using a computer cam for storage in their system. Perhaps, some offices take backhanders to waive the requirement, but I would not personally risk an invalid extension just to avoid one trip a year.

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

I do not know what the rules were years ago. Today, there are some services agents can provide without your attendance at immigration. An example is 90-day reports. 

Anyone can do their 90-day report without attending an immigration office and without paying an agent!

40 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Anyone can do their 90-day report without attending an immigration office and without paying an agent!

Quite true. Essentially, an "agent" has exactly the same official status in terms of provision of immigration assistance as any other individual. There is no such thing as a "licensed immigration agent" in Thailand. Agents often have connections that allow them to elicit favors rarely accorded to average people. As an example, senior immigration officials are allowed to waive seasoning of funds in the bank when applying for an extension, but they will usually only do so for agents (who provide their own favors in return). Agents will also often be able to arrange exemption from rules that are officially non negotiable. When this is done, because it is contrary to correct procedure, there is a small risk of the recipient of the agent's services encountering future problems.

8 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Quite true. Essentially, an "agent" has exactly the same official status in terms of provision of immigration assistance as any other individual. There is no such thing as a "licensed immigration agent" in Thailand. Agents often have connections that allow them to elicit favors rarely accorded to average people. As an example, senior immigration officials are allowed to waive seasoning of funds in the bank when applying for an extension, but they will usually only do so for agents (who provide their own favors in return). Agents will also often be able to arrange exemption from rules that are officially non negotiable. When this is done, because it is contrary to correct procedure, there is a small risk of the recipient of the agent's services encountering future problems.

" Essentially, an "agent" has exactly the same official status in terms of provision of immigration assistance as any other individual. There is no such thing as a "licensed immigration agent" in Thailand. Agents often have connections that allow them to elicit favors rarely accorded to average people. As an example, senior immigration officials are allowed to waive seasoning of funds in the bank when applying for an extension, but they will usually only do so for agents (who provide their own favors in return). Agents will also often be able to arrange exemption from rules that are officially non negotiable. When this is done, because it is contrary to correct procedure, there is a small risk of the recipient of the agent's services encountering future problems".

Why are you telling me all that?  It's got nothing to do with 90-day reports which is what I commented on.  Essentially.