Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 February 2019 11:00
webfact

Mu Pa boys will grow up to work for country’s benefit, says Dr Pak

Recommended Posts

What I am scared of is that the big boys in Bangkok will manipulate the situation to their benefit. General stand up for these lads and show them that you can be a true leader, not a leech like some others in the Government.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much pressure to be this or that just based on the random fate of what happened to them.

Perhaps they should all enter a witness protection program so they can get on with their lives without being pigeonholed this way?

Just kidding. It's inevitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a lot of nonsense. Just one more Thai doctor clamouring for his 15 minutes of attention. This tragic story has as much chance of making these lads good and upright citizens as it does making them fly to the moon and back. This time next year it'll all be forgotten in favour of the next smartphone or motorcycle street racing.

 

Gawd, why does every half-assed ignoramus have to climb all stuff like this just to get their name in print and curry favour with whoever?

 

 

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

What I am scared of is that the big boys in Bangkok will manipulate the situation to their benefit. General stand up for these lads and show them that you can be a true leader, not a leech like some others in the Government.

You can be sure some unpalatable official news was 'buried' during the saga. 

Some grubs in the west tried this (but were outed) during 9/11/2001.

The cave story almost eclipsed the Phuket Boat tragedy.  So yeah. Skulduggery aplenty went unnoticed  we can be sure.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

What a lot of nonsense. Just one more Thai doctor clamouring for his 15 minutes of attention. This tragic story has as much chance of making these lads good and upright citizens as it does making them fly to the moon and back. This time next year it'll all be forgotten in favour of the next smartphone or motorcycle street racing.

 

Gawd, why does every half-assed ignoramus have to climb all stuff like this just to get their name in print and curry favour with whoever?

 

 

Yup, they're milking this story till it squeaks because let's face it,  there's not much else to smile about in LOS  of late. 

The Aussie press made sure to put the boot into the fact that the country is still not free,  and the military govt trying to take some reflected credit via the professionalism and valour of the SEALS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Doctor Pak” in emotional reunion with Wild Boars boys

By Thai PBS

 

moo-pa3.jpg

 

There was an emotional scene when Lt Col Dr Pak Loharnchun, a military doctor better known as “Mor Pak”,  visited the 12 young footballers and their coach in a happy reunion at Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital.

 

Pak and four members of the SEAL unit stayed with the young survivors  from the day they were found and were among the last to leave the cave after the rescue operation ended successfully.

 

He and the children met for the first time after they were brought out of the cave one July 10.

 

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/doctor-pak-emotional-reunion-wild-boars-boys/

 
thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-07-17
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

 

 

May be , not sure 

Edited by Aforek
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loads of people and monks performing rites or voodoo rituals as I would call it.no mention of sticking some safety gates up though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still being covered in the US press, including the Evening News.   It's not a big story, but the situation with the recovery of the boys still garners interest among those that followed it.

 

It seems that people get upset when a story is dropped and no updates are given, then they get upset when there are updates.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Credo said:

It's still being covered in the US press, including the Evening News.   It's not a big story, but the situation with the recovery of the boys still garners interest among those that followed it.

 

It seems that people get upset when a story is dropped and no updates are given, then they get upset when there are updates.

 

*shrug* It's in the nature of the press corps that hen there's nothing else of importance, fluff pieces like this run and run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

 

As I would call it too. Buddhism, like common-or-garden Christianity is more or less pure superstition.

 

you are not talking about Buddhism, you are talking about common Buddhism, which is not Buddhism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...