Shock as Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit

webfact

2 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Putin is right, it's nonsense, how exactly can Russia make me vote one way or the other?

Well, it worked on you.

Seriously, if you don't understand how an election can be manipulated - suppression of votes is probably more important than "swaying" of votes - then maybe just move on.

With an Electoral College vote which ultimately came down to ~ 77,000 votes in four key swing states, it becomes quite obvious how the multiple Russian attacks could have easily affected the outcome.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Putin is right, it's nonsense, how exactly can Russia make me vote one way or the other?

People are grasping at.any argument they can to discredit. 

So you really have no idea what you're talking about.

What ever reasons Trump have, it can lead to another important change for Usa. They are pushing Europe out, great Putin and Russia, and Putin doesnt give a dirt about Trump, and continue to get closer to Europe! French have had meeting with Putin, and everyone in Europe whant to deal with Russia, because as long we have healty economic relationships we both benefit from, it will be a stronger Europe and peace.  

Trump want to brake that relationship clearly! It is getting more and more clear for every day! So, maybe Usa one day, find themselves alone against the world. What then? 

He's a traitor. 

Any American STILL defending him now needs their head examined.

Oh, there still are million of idiots in USA who think Trump can do no wrong. Pathetic is the only way to describe such ignoramuses. It's the majority Republicans in Congress and Senate that are the real stupid ones, to continue to support the Big Orange Ass especially now.

Trump had a great meeting with Putin because the media and the global elite (and people on this forum) are hysterical. These are the same people who have enabled terrorism to flourish, unlimited wars, condemned generations to poverty, stolen prosperity & misinform the public to control outcomes.

Trump 2020 .

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you're saying Trump's assessment is wrong.

No I'm saying that any observer, who actually looked at it in a detached and thoughtful way, would know that Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Honduras, Haiti and Britain have all suffered the US 'influence' in elections. And don't even start on the 100,000s who have died due to lies about WMD etc.

Trump is right - BOTH sides do it, both sides spy and both sides meddle... and what?  all this 'pious indignation'  is utterly misleading and is food for the ignorant.

Is there ANY US citizen who has colluded?  if so go and arrest them!  the truth is they will throw some Russian spies under the bus, can't extradite them,  and try and save face. This is all dirty tricks designed to influence 2020.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Trump is right - BOTH sides do it, both sides spy and both sides meddle... and what?  all this 'pious indignation'  is utterly misleading and is food for the ignorant.

Except Trump didn't say both sides do it. He said he believed Putin's denial that Russia did it. In other words Trump is wrong.

Just now, bristolboy said:

Except Trump didn't say both sides do it. He said he believed Putin's denial that Russia did it. In other words Trump is wrong.

Doesn't alter the facts. And I'm not convinced Russia actually did do it but it's academic. Both sides are locked into an interminable 'spy war' and regularly throw out spies from their countries. Personally I don't care if Russia did it or not. Build secure and sustainable infrastructure so no one can do it.

This is all sour grapes by Dems and I really do not think this is a great strategy and will back fire come 2020. You might think Trump is a fool but you are sorely wrong and playing into his hands.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Doesn't alter the facts. And I'm not convinced Russia actually did do it but it's academic. Both sides are locked into an interminable 'spy war' and regularly throw out spies from their countries. Personally I don't care if Russia did it or not. Build secure and sustainable infrastructure so no one can do it.

This is all sour grapes by Dems and I really do not think this is a great strategy and will back fire come 2020. You might think Trump is a fool but you are sorely wrong and playing into his hands.

You're the one who altered the facts. You told a falsehood.

"Trump is right - BOTH sides do it, both sides spy and both sides meddle... and what?"

Just now, bristolboy said:

You're the one who altered the facts. You told a falsehood.

"Trump is right - BOTH sides do it, both sides spy and both sides meddle... and what?"

Ok.  "Trump is right. Both sides do it."  happy now?  I see you completely IGNORE all the other big points and pick on a grammatical one. Nice try.

1 hour ago, dcutman said:

Oh how the ultra lefty Liberals forget.

Between 1947 and 1989, the United States tried to change other nations’ governments 72 times.

Since then the US has or has tried to installed puppet governments in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. As well as orchestrated Coup DE Tats  in Honduras, Haiti and the Ukraine.  Most of witch came under the Obama administration and his Secretary of State crooked Hillary.

Oh God forbid, a few Russians (allegedly)  hack into some stupid  liberals emails with no security and expose illegal activities  and iffy conduct. Spend a few thousand dollars on social media ads and the whole world is coming to an end.

Give me a break, its all about butt hurt lefty libs looking to place blame for loosing to Trump, anywhere but on themselves.

Illiberal gives up defending Trump’s treachery and resorts to whataboutary.

1 minute ago, Boon Mee said:

No, the traitors are those intelligence people who routed the 400 million bucks into Hillery's campaign. 

Putin's Pants-on-Fire claim about $400 million donation to Clinton from Bill Browder partners

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jul/16/vladimir-putin/putins-pants-fire-claim-about-400-million-donation/

57 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No I'm saying that any observer, who actually looked at it in a detached and thoughtful way, would know that Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Honduras, Haiti and Britain have all suffered the US 'influence' in elections. And don't even start on the 100,000s who have died due to lies about WMD etc.

Is there ANY US citizen who has colluded?  if so go and arrest them!  the truth is they will throw some Russian spies under the bus, can't extradite them,  and try and save face. This is all dirty tricks designed to influence 2020.

Yes the US has meddled in other countries but this is not the issue here.

We now have evidence of the President of the US defending Russia and specifically Putin agains accusations laid by the FBI, the Senate Intelligence Committee and US security and Intelligence services.

The ongoing investigation is pointing to Americans conspiring with Russia in its attacks on the US election.

Trump’s words and actions in Helsinki lend weight to the questions surrounding Trump’s knowledge and part in Russia’s attack.

Mueller’s investigation will reveal the truth.

Time for the President to stop defending Russia, to start defending the US, to stop attacking the DoJ, FBI and high time to keep his promise to sit down with Mueller.

54 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Trump had a great meeting with Putin because the media and the global elite (and people on this forum) are hysterical. These are the same people who have enabled terrorism to flourish, unlimited wars, condemned generations to poverty, stolen prosperity & misinform the public to control outcomes.

Trump 2020 .

Deluded Hogwash

1 hour ago, dcutman said:

Oh how the ultra lefty Liberals forget.

Between 1947 and 1989, the United States tried to change other nations’ governments 72 times.

Since then the US has or has tried to installed puppet governments in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. As well as orchestrated Coup DE Tats  in Honduras, Haiti and the Ukraine.  Most of witch came under the Obama administration and his Secretary of State crooked Hillary.

Oh God forbid, a few Russians (allegedly)  hack into some stupid  liberals emails with no security and expose illegal activities  and iffy conduct. Spend a few thousand dollars on social media ads and the whole world is coming to an end.

Give me a break, its all about butt hurt lefty libs looking to place blame for loosing to Trump, anywhere but on themselves.

And, folks - there you have it. The above post is another rambling, shambling diatribe, supporting the rambling, shambling shameful, treasonous excuse for an "American President" - and there are thousands, if not a few millions, like him! 

The USA has today, awoken to the fact that they are rapidly being consumed into the dominance and dominion of the old USSR! Another empire bites the dust.......!

12 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

No, the traitors are those intelligence people who routed the 400 million bucks into Hillery's campaign. Registered Commie John Brenner and a slew of FBI folks. 

Illiberal swallows Putin’s lies, then sets about doing her bit spreading those lies.

The words 'treason' and 'treacherous' have been carelessly thrown around a lot lately, and most of the time reading that made me wince.  

Not any longer.  There is a 21st century war going on right now.  Cyber-warfare continues and misinformation parasites are popping up faster than Twitter can shut them down.  Russian bots are actively trying to breed mistrust among Americans and pit them against each other.  They are weaving a web of lies, driving a wedge between the people and science, causing people to reject scientific advancements and technology.

That makes it personal for me.

Now we have Trump who, when asked about election interference, responds about Hillary's e-mails.  Being as charitable as I possibly can, that means by the time the questioner got to the end of his sentence, Trump couldn't remember what the question was and so he just meandered into his favorite anti-Hillary screed.

A less charitable analysis brings us into the uncomfortable realm of treason.

Trump has been advised by his own people - people he himself appointed... "the very best" people, according to Trump - about what Russia is doing.  Trump's Justice Department - headed by his own appointees - has indicted two dozen Russians for breaching American infrastructure with malicious intent.  And yet Trump rejects his sworn allegiance to his own advisers and to his own country, and gives aid and comfort to an adversarial despot... a former KGB agent.

Putin now has Trump, and by extension congressional republicans, in his pocket.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Anyone surprised at all? 

Im also waiting for Trump supporters to explain what they think. 

Suddenly, curiously reticent IMHO.

Maybe they are waiting for Fox, treehouse, drudge, breitbart, etc., to tell them what to think?

1 minute ago, attrayant said:

The words 'treason' and 'treacherous' have been carelessly thrown around a lot lately, and most of the time reading that made me wince.  

Not any longer.  There is a 21st century war going on right now.  Cyber-warfare continues and misinformation parasites are popping up faster than Twitter can shut them down.  Russian bots are actively trying to breed mistrust among Americans and pit them against each other.  They are weaving a web of lies, driving a wedge between the people and science, causing people to reject scientific advancements and technology.

That makes it personal for me.

Now we have Trump who, when asked about election interference, responds about Hillary's e-mails.  Being as charitable as I possibly can, that means by the time the questioner got to the end of his sentence, Trump couldn't remember what the question was and so he just meandered into his favorite anti-Hillary screed.

A less charitable analysis brings us into the uncomfortable realm of treason.

Trump has been advised by his own people - people he himself appointed... "the very best" people, according to Trump - about what Russia is doing.  Trump rejects his sworn allegiance to his own advisers and to his own country, and gives aid and comfort to an adversarial despot... a former KGB agent.

Putin now has Trump, and by extension congressional republicans, in his pocket.

Did you read Rosenstein's statement?

"We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures and reserve judgment. We complete our investigations and we evaluate all of the evidence before we reach any conclusion."

and

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."

Archived