Shock as Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit

webfact

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not a ‘US v Russia’ paradigm, it’s matter of a confirmed attack by Russia on the US election.

No it's not. Russia, USA and others constantly do this. It is using a minor issue, which had NO effect on the election, as a political tool for 2020.

You are locked into that 'reds under the bed' paradigm and I can understand why. Americans are fed that stuff from 1 year old up.  I don't deny Russia 'did it' and I know USA 'does it' and what?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Did you read Rosenstein's statement?

"We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures and reserve judgment. We complete our investigations and we evaluate all of the evidence before we reach any conclusion."

and

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."

The two statements by Rosenstein are not inconsistent.

The investigation is not yet complete, the indictments are against Russians but mention stolen data handed to (un-named) Americans.

That these Americans are not named in this indictment does not mean they will not be subject to a seperate indictment

- Receiving stolen materials from a foreign agency interfering in the US election suggests they might be.

A question to you:

Do you support the continuation of the ‘Mueller’ investigation?

15 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Did you read Rosenstein's statement?

"We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures and reserve judgment. We complete our investigations and we evaluate all of the evidence before we reach any conclusion."

and

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."

What has that got to do with anything I wrote?  Maybe instead of quoting entire posts, you should quote the line you are referring to.

Are you saying that, because Russian interference was unsuccessful, that it was therefore just fine?  Crimes are crimes, but attempted crimes are no big deal?  Is that it?

1181838350_sideshowbobattemptedcollusion.png.2245d8bea286cf6c96b8b5604c8b6147.png

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

... This is all dirty tricks designed to influence 2020.

Oh... so the Dems are now, suddenly over losing in 2016 then?

Better check with dcutman. Looks like he's still following yesterday's script.

2 hours ago, dcutman said:

Give me a break, its all about butt hurt lefty libs looking to place blame for loosing to Trump, anywhere but on themselves.

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

Trump had a great meeting with Putin because the media and the global elite (and people on this forum) are hysterical. These are the same people who have enabled terrorism to flourish, unlimited wars, condemned generations to poverty, stolen prosperity & misinform the public to control outcomes.

Trump 2020 .

We get it.  Trump could get on his knees and give Putin a BJ right there on stage and Trump supporters will still back him.  Well figuratively, that's pretty much what Trump did.  Trump is a traitor and a coward.  He should be impeached immediately. 

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The two statements by Rosenstein are not inconsistent.

The investigation is not yet complete, the indictments are against Russians but mention stolen data handed to (un-named) Americans.

That these Americans are not named in this indictment does not mean they will not be subject to a seperate indictment

- Receiving stolen materials from a foreign agency interfering in the US election suggests they might be.

A question to you:

Do you support the continuation of the ‘Mueller’ investigation?

I think it's a waste of time but continue, why not?  let's see if ANY Americans are charged with collusion ok? 

It's not 'did Russians meddle', of course they did, as does the USA or you think it's ok for USA but not Russia?  give it a break

Intelligence chief Coats defends finding that Russia meddled in the election

The U.S. director of national intelligence is defending American spies’ assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 election — a push back against President Donald Trump, who appeared to indicate Monday that he believes Russian leader Vladimir Putin's denials on the matter.

"The role of the Intelligence Community is to provide the best information and fact-based assessments possible for the president and policymakers," said Coats, who took over as U.S. director of national intelligence in March 2017. "We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy, and we will continue to provide unvarnished and objective intelligence in support of our national security."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/coats-russia-meddling-trump-putin-724373

Just now, bristolboy said:

Donald Trump disagrees with you.

Neither Putin nor Trump nor ANY Russian nor American will ever admit to spying, meddling or interference they are ALL liars.  BTW way as pro-choice, pro-rights and pro-weed don't put me in the 'Trump bag' as he's a megalomaniac but I hate the hypocrisy.  This noisy, interference BS strategy will not get rid of Trump.

Just now, bristolboy said:

Intelligence chief Coats defends finding that Russia meddled in the election

The U.S. director of national intelligence is defending American spies’ assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 election — a push back against President Donald Trump, who appeared to indicate Monday that he believes Russian leader Vladimir Putin's denials on the matter.

"The role of the Intelligence Community is to provide the best information and fact-based assessments possible for the president and policymakers," said Coats, who took over as U.S. director of national intelligence in March 2017. "We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy, and we will continue to provide unvarnished and objective intelligence in support of our national security."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/coats-russia-meddling-trump-putin-724373

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/sunday-review/russia-isnt-the-only-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Neither Putin nor Trump nor ANY Russian nor American will ever admit to spying, meddling or interference they are ALL liars.  BTW way as pro-choice, pro-rights and pro-weed don't put me in the 'Trump bag' as he's a megalomaniac but I hate the hypocrisy.  This noisy, interference BS strategy will not get rid of Trump.

Yes, Trump's believing of Putin over U.S. intelligence agencies is guaranteed to win him a lot of votes. In Moscow.

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, Trump's believing of Putin over U.S. intelligence agencies is guaranteed to win him a lot of votes. In Moscow.

Doesn't matter to the trumptards, it's all about that ulitmate pipe dream: MAWA!

Why bother debating with them when they're even willing to sell out their country chasing it.

17 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I think it's a waste of time but continue, why not?  let's see if ANY Americans are charged with collusion ok? 

It's not 'did Russians meddle', of course they did, as does the USA or you think it's ok for USA but not Russia?  give it a break

There is no such crime as collusion, the crime is conspiracy.

Manafort has already been charged with conspiracy with a Russian agent to tamper with witnesses.

More to come.

I waited patiently for the all important press conference. When he replied to the Reuters journalist regarding the recent Russians indictment and he responded by saying that both countries were at fault, my immediate thought was that he sold out his country. I switched off my TV soon after. He betrayed the free world by not going after Putin for all his transgressions.  

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I waited patiently for the all important press conference. When he replied to the Reuters journalist regarding the recent Russians indictment and he responded by saying that both countries were at fault, my immediate thought was that he sold out his country. I switched off my TV soon after. He betrayed the free world by not going after Putin for all his transgressions.  

That press conference was truly cringe-worthy.  It was an embarrassment to every decent American.  When Trump went on his bizarre tangent about servers and Hillary, it was just embarrassing to watch.  Nevermind that he didn't bother answering the question, but it was like it was the only thing that he could think of to say.  Even Putin was probably thinking "down boy, you're going a little overboard."    

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Us guys in the rest of the free world are getting a hell of a kick out of all this. 

image.thumb.jpg.3da84c693ab6608ff365659a1ad51b3a.jpg

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, this has perhaps been the best week ever of Putin's political life. "trump" is "trump" but he has shamed, embarrassed, humiliated, damaged, and degraded the presidency and the USA to a similarly historic degree.

America First, my tuchus. Putin first more like. 

d71fe7e9-0f38-49e2-b764-d78663f2ed53_zps

6 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Been listening to CNN -  DON"T!!!

What a bunch of biased, witch-hunting BS. Pathetic.

Since nobody as mentioned CNN on this thread until you brought it up, have you anything salient to contribute?

1 minute ago, Johnniey said:

Been listening to CNN -  DON"T!!!

What a bunch of biased, witch-hunting BS. Pathetic.

Fox carry the same news of dismay and disappointment on Trump's performance except Hannity (expected). Many top republicans break with Trump over his comments and widely reported in other news channels besides CNN. 

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Since nobody as mentioned CNN on this thread until you brought it up, have you anything salient to contribute?

A friendly warning, with an unfriendly reply. 

Didn't trump just get rid of 60 Russian guys?

Hasn't he imposed trade sanctions on Russia?

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

Putin is right, it's nonsense, how exactly can Russia make me vote one way or the other?

People are grasping at.any argument they can to discredit. 

The true Trump supporters are still at it.  You sound a lot like this guy....

“Bravo Trump! Bravo Russia! Bravo to all the true American Patriots who put America first and Peace and Justice first before the Zionist Deep Evil State ruling American Media and Politics. Russia has values America once had and America the values that Communist Russia had!”

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke

Archived