Shock as Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit

webfact

An inflammatory post and two replies that I totally agreed with have been removed.

This thread is about Trump and Putin right now.

Conjecture of what may have happened decades ago, involving other people is not welcome.

Stay on topic folks and if you see a disagreeable post, please report it, don't respond to it.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Hitler played the world with words to, but he was an true player! We will see where Trump takes us all, since we are all in the same boat!

Trump is more like Neville Chamberlain to Putin's Hitler.  Policy of appeasement.  Didn't work then....

19 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Hold your breath while doing so, please.

If the prompt removal of the ZTE ban is an appetizer of things to come when Trump gained commercial benefits, I probably will not be holding my breathe too long. 

I can't understand why so many Americans continue to express their support for Trump when he continually trashes their (and his) own country.

Just yesterday, before meeting Putin, Trump tweeted that there have been:

many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity,

In his news conference a few hours later with Putin, Trump again accused his own country of feeble mindedness, saying that,

The United States has been foolish

In many speeches since his election, Trump has described the US as "a stupid country."

It just truly astounds me that any US citizen would continue to support a man that, in a complete reversal of his pledge to "put America first" is constantly putting his own country down in this way and is perfectly happy to put the US, its democratic institutions, intelligence community, people and strategic interests second to the interests of Russia and its leader Vladimir Putin.

4 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Trump had a great meeting with Putin because the media and the global elite (and people on this forum) are hysterical. These are the same people who have enabled terrorism to flourish, unlimited wars, condemned generations to poverty, stolen prosperity & misinform the public to control outcomes.

Trump 2020 .

Russian troll

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Did you read Rosenstein's statement?

"We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures and reserve judgment. We complete our investigations and we evaluate all of the evidence before we reach any conclusion."

and

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."

In this indictment 

He has an other 200 blank indictments to go, this goes in phases.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Don't be shy.  As a true Trump supporter, I'd imagine you agree with KKK members quite frequently. 

I'm not a Trump supporter, not even a Yank(sorry not sure if there is correct term for people from the USA).

Putin's gingerbread grin is that of a very satisfied puppeteer.
Congratulations to Putin for this wonderful, all-Russian performance.

That a US President discredited his own security apparatus and pissed all NATO and EU allies on the shoes, the play could not run better for Putin.

AAAaBoq.jpg

8 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Putin's gingerbread grin is that of a very satisfied puppeteer.
Congratulations to Putin for this wonderful, all-Russian performance.

That a US President discredited his own security apparatus and pissed all NATO and EU allies on the shoes, the play could not run better for Putin.

AAAaBoq.jpg

He is a pro after all. Sure looks like Trump took a good old fashion brow beating behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

Indeed. It amazes me how a developed country can have so many sheep, divided but willing/wanting to believe the BS they hear on the fake news.

Like we all find it so funny they still think Saddam had WMD  :cheesy:

Given the demographic composition of those who later became Trump supporters, it was they who overwhelmingly supported the Iraq War. At the time leftists were overwhelmingly reviled for their disbelief in the evidence.

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You might think Trump is a fool

No thinking about it...……….he proves it time and time again.

Now this from my contact in Moscow as to why Putin wanted to meet Trump:...……….. 

When Putin was a little boy he wanted to go to the circus, but his mother wouldn't let him go, so when he got the chance to meet Trump, he got his wish to meet his favourite dumpy, orange faced, dyed combover clown with the intelligence of a goldfish...…….Lucky Vlad!!

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Clearly both sides meddle and spy. Nothing new and all this fake indignation is a joke.  

Criminal hacking into computer systems, criminal identity theft, criminal election tampering, criminal theft of voter registration information, and criminal conspiracy are NOT "spying".

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

Anyone surprised at all? 

Im also waiting for Trump supporters to explain what they think. 

No need to wait. Tell us what you feel - get it off your chest. Release that stress.

24 minutes ago, pegman said:

He is a pro after all. Sure looks like Trump took a good old fashion brow beating behind closed doors.

You know what happened behind closed doors.  Putin: "Who's your daddy??"  Trump:  "It's you Vlad, only you!"

Seriously, can someone tell me what to call people from the USA. I work with many Mexicans, Brazilians who say I can't call them Americans(as the other American countries find it offensive). And the people from the USA say some of them find, 'Yank' offensive. 

7 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

What amazes me is how unpatriotic the USA people are to their elected president. So much for democracy.

What country are you from?  And secondly, do you blindly follow your elected President?

People from the USA are "Americans," by the way.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The sanctions were imposed in 2014 over the invasion of Crimea.  Never knew he was President then. 

Trump did expel about 60 Russian diplomats after the Skripal attempted nerve agent assassinations in the UK.

And later he was angry he did it and regretted it, because he didn't know what he was doing. He wrongly thought the U.S.'s 60 number was comparable to what other individual nations were doing. When instead, the 60 number for the U.S. was about the same as all the other nations combined. (But for context, the U.S. being a larger nation and major nation vis-a-vis Russia certainly has or at least had a larger Russian "diplomatic" mission than most, probably any other country).

His national security team brought him the 60 number as a recommended response, and he followed their recommendation. Thinking it was one thing when instead it was something else. He never would have approved it then if he had actually understood what he was doing. So it's wrong for anyone to take that episode as evidence of Trump strength against Russia.

Trump is an idiot and a boob (and now a treasonous traitor). And that episode was just another sign of it. Yesterday was FAR FAR FAR worse.

12 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I think the rest of America, including Canada, would disagree.

World geography is not taught much in the USA, I was told. Many well educated people call me English, although they know I'm from Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What country are you from?  And secondly, do you blindly follow your elected President?

I'm from England and we don't have a president. 

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Trump is more like Neville Chamberlain to Putin's Hitler.  Policy of appeasement.  Didn't work then....

This goes beyond appeasement.  Imagine the 1937 UK election being rigged by Germany so Oswald Mosley managed to win.  That is Trump's position.

16 minutes ago, tropo said:

No need to wait. Tell us what you feel - get it off your chest. Release that stress.

No need to, I have no kids to worry about and their future. If I die tomorow, I could not care less, because I had a good life. If you have kids and grandchildren, I would have been worried now, because that man is cabable to ruin their future. 

2 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Yeah!!! let's all have nuclear tension everywhere, North Korea, Russia...we are way better off stressing and sabre rattling with the possibility of being blown to pieces than having peace.  Who wants Peace, it's overrated right?...right?...who's with me?...right?

Peace is build with trust, not achieved with cunning demolition of social order.

Putin, using Trump and other weak minded people have managed to anger the middle class and therefore managed to get us a step closer to a real war. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think the rest of America, including Canada. Would disagree.

World geography is not taught much in the USA, I was told. Many well educated people call me English, although they know I'm from Scotland.

Well we did colonize you ? 

Americans are NOT from the USA but from many different countries, including Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, and Panama.

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Well we did colonize you ? 

Americans are NOT from the USA but from many different countries, including Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, and Panama.

Native Americans is still waiting for the immigrants to go home!

Archived