Shock as Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit

webfact

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia William J. Burns, but from the NZ Herald newspaper...……….sorry about that!

I'm pretty sure that's not correct in terms of the first and second pghs...

John O. BrennanVerified account @JohnBrennan

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???

6 hours ago, dcutman said:

....Oh God forbid, a few Russians (allegedly)  hack into some stupid  liberals emails with no security and expose illegal activities  and iffy conduct. Spend a few thousand dollars on social media ads and the whole world is coming to an end....

did they?  the fbi was not permitted to inspect the dnc server.  the fbi simply accepted the conclusions of a private firm hired by the dnc, run by (methinks) a ukranian.  no telling if the server had been wiped, like with a cloth.

the downloaded files leaked to wiki have been analyzed to show the download speed was too fast for a standard internet connection, definitely not possible for a connection from the evil empire.  the speed was consistent with downloading to a thumbdrive, and timecodes indicate us east coast.  assange seems to have hinted at seth rich.  i think it was former uk ambassador (craig murray?) that claims to have met with the not-a-russian who leaked the files.

in strok's interview with congress, it was learned that hillary's server had been sending all her emails to a foreign entity.  that entity was not named, however it was stated for the record it was not russia.

the mueller indictments were purely for show, intended to damage the summit.  just as his last indictments of russian firms.  he announced them as a pr stunt, assuming they would never show in court, letting the media echo chamber do his dirty work.  funny thing, they hired lawyers to defend themselves, and mueller is backtracking, forced to keep applying for extensions or exclusions so as not to have to prove his case.  wonder what would happen if the russians in the latest indictment were offered "safe passage" to attend court to defend themselves?

alleged meddling....facebook posts and ad buying...that are "linked" to russians ( is that like six degrees of kevin bacon?)  amounted to a couple million bucks as opposed to billions spent on the election in total, with a large percentage coming after the elections.  if putin can affect the outcome of a us national election with that effort, he deserves the presidency.

did russian goverment workers hack into us systems?  yes, indeed they did.  that is their job.  i can guarantee you that government hackers from around the world - from china and iran and germany and england and france and israel and just about every nation with an intel service - did also.  would assume there were also workers from us intel agencies have been inside as well.... in addition to 400-pound teenagers living in their mom's basements.

38 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Whoa , 11 pages of butt hurt anti-Trumpers spewing their veil comments and over the top reactions . A feed frenzy of sharks.

And 11 pages of you kissing Trump's butt as usual - but, each to their own. And it's vile note veil, that's something your glorious leader hides behind. If the forum allowed us the freedom to be vile the site would likely crash with the tsunami like vitriol that would spill forth.

As always, one man's meat......

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

No, the traitors are those intelligence people who routed the 400 million bucks into Hillery's campaign. Registered Commie John Brenner and a slew of FBI folks. 

Out of curiosity where do you source your conspiracy info, can you provide facts that are verifiable or do rely on fake news alt right media?

We’ve surely had all the evidence we need that some people will never accept that Trump is supporting Putin while attacking the US security and intelligence services, undermining the DoJ and attacking the press.

Trump’s support of Putin against the US is broadcast internationally, they watch and hear him supporting Putin, they hear his attacks on the US, they refuse to accept the reality in front of them.

Their behaviour is that of members of a cult.

What country are you from?  And secondly, do you blindly follow your elected President?

People from the USA are "Americans," by the way.

To most of the world it is totally correct to call citizens of the USA as Americans.

Speaking only to Spanish speaking Latin Americans it is advisable and polite to say estadounidense.

Canadians can also sometimes be touchy about this. So you could say U.S. Americans though I don't think that is popular.

Mexicans are gonna call Americans gringos anyway. Often a slur. Similar to farang?

It's important also to know that North America includes Mexico and more obviously Canada.

Bottom line much ado about not much. Most people globally totally understand what people mean when you say Americans.

Don't say Yanks. To Americans it's not so much that it's seen as a slur but more like dated and goofy.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Yeah!!! let's all have nuclear tension everywhere, North Korea, Russia...we are way better off stressing and sabre rattling with the possibility of being blown to pieces than having peace.  Who wants Peace, it's overrated right?...right?...who's with me?...right?

Did you watch the press conference with PT and VP?  Hey FitnessHealthTravel ,what was missing ? Think! Can You guess?

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's mainstream now.

"trump" is probably compromised by Putin.

Putin's poodle is a thing and it's going to STICK because it is true.

There there is the charge of treason.

Not from some street protester.

From the former CIA director and other very credible people --

John O. Brennan

FORMER CIA DIRECTOR

Don't disagree about Trump - completely mad.

But come on the CIA "very credible people" - would that be when they're not bombing neutral countries like Laos, overthrowing democratically elected governments and replacing them with right wing dictators, undermining other countries elections (shock horror), or disappearing and torturing people?

Anyone who believes Russia bad US good as a mantra seriously does want their head examining. It ain't black and white. And those pulling the strings of the US "establishments" in the past are very very murky and care little about justice and democracy any more than the Russians or Chinese.

58 minutes ago, attrayant said:

People keep saying this and I just can't believe it.  A treasonous act is acceptable so long as everybody's doing it?  And criminal acts get a free pass if they don't actually succeed?  Is that what you're saying? Because it sure sounds like that's what you're saying.

Obama made blatant threats to the British people - vote remain or else. No interference there then? Why wasn't he prosecuted for interfering in another countries democratic voting?

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Obama made blatant threats to the British people - vote remain or else. No interference there then? Why wasn't he prosecuted for interfering in another countries democratic voting?

What he did was public and legal. As far as I know, no one is suggesting that it's Putin's public statements that are at issue. But if you've got a problem with that, then shouldn't Trump be prosecuted too for interfering with British politics?

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

No I'm saying that any observer, who actually looked at it in a detached and thoughtful way, would know that Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Honduras, Haiti and Britain have all suffered the US 'influence' in elections. And don't even start on the 100,000s who have died due to lies about WMD etc.

Trump is right - BOTH sides do it, both sides spy and both sides meddle... and what?  all this 'pious indignation'  is utterly misleading and is food for the ignorant.

Is there ANY US citizen who has colluded?  if so go and arrest them!  the truth is they will throw some Russian spies under the bus, can't extradite them,  and try and save face. This is all dirty tricks designed to influence 2020.

I have seen you try and use this point many times in similar topics but the truth of the matter is the Mueller investigation is not just about 'collusion' and in fact the word 'collusion' isn't even on Muellers special council appointment letter. The investigation is about investigating links or co-ordination between the Russian government and the Trump campaign and covers 5 very specific topics:

Financial dealings

Prosecutors are scrutinizing the financial dealings of President Trump's associates, including his former campaign chairman's previous consulting work in Ukraine and the business practices of his personal lawyer.

Russian interference

Mueller is examining how Russia intervened in the 2016 presidential campaign, including through the circulation of fake news and divisive Internet memes and the hacking of Democratic emails.

Campaign coordination

Investigating contacts between Trump's associates and people working on behalf of Russians to determine whether there is evidence that Trump's campaign conspired with Russia to interfere in the campaign.

Transition contacts

Looking into communications between the Russians and Trump officials during the transition period after Trump was elected but before his inauguration.

Obstruction of justice

Prosecutors are focusing on whether actions by Trump and his associates after he took office indicate an effort to obstruct the Russia investigation.

And so far it has yielded 5 convictions and 27 indictments to include four former Trump advisers (all American), 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man (American), and one London-based lawyer. 

There have been no prosecutions regarding 'collusion' as that is not the primary objective of the investigation but with 5 convictions and 27 indictments, you can be damned sure that the proof that the  Russians interfered in the US election is absolutely solid and that it is just a matter of time before one of them rolls over and points the finger at Trump himself.

But hey, this is all just facts. Something we know you Trumpers have an aversion to.     

7 hours ago, dcutman said:

Oh how the ultra lefty Liberals forget.

Between 1947 and 1989, the United States tried to change other nations’ governments 72 times.

Since then the US has or has tried to installed puppet governments in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. As well as orchestrated Coup DE Tats  in Honduras, Haiti and the Ukraine.  Most of witch came under the Obama administration and his Secretary of State crooked Hillary.

Oh God forbid, a few Russians (allegedly)  hack into some stupid  liberals emails with no security and expose illegal activities  and iffy conduct. Spend a few thousand dollars on social media ads and the whole world is coming to an end.

Give me a break, its all about butt hurt lefty libs looking to place blame for loosing to Trump, anywhere but on themselves.

Yeah, both sides did bad things during the cold war.  Does this justify Trump betraying the US to score points with Putin?  Does this make it ok for Russia to undermine democracy in the US?

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Did you read Rosenstein's statement?

"We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures and reserve judgment. We complete our investigations and we evaluate all of the evidence before we reach any conclusion."

and

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."

No allegation means that it can't be proven.  It does not mean that it didn't happen.

4 hours ago, Johnniey said:

A friendly warning, with an unfriendly reply. 

Didn't trump just get rid of 60 Russian guys?

Hasn't he imposed trade sanctions on Russia?

No, the intelligence agencies that Trump is doing his best to undermine got rid of the Russian guys.

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Without knowing the specifics of which elections the US attempted to influence, how and on who's behalf, it's impossible to draw comparisons.

I'm more concerned that Russia clearly attempted to use computer hacking and fake news on social media to influence the US election in 2016 and will continue to do so. 

I'm even more concerned that the US President and his treasonous supporters are attempting to shut down the investigation into this election interference and the President is taking the word of a Russian spymaster over that of his own intelligence agencies.

4 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Indeed. It amazes me how a developed country can have so many sheep, divided but willing/wanting to believe the BS they hear on the fake news.

Like we all find it so funny they still think Saddam had WMD  :cheesy:

We get it.  You think the mainstream news sources are fake. 

Why not share with us your sources of flawless enlightenment?

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, both sides did bad things during the cold war.  Does this justify Trump betraying the US to score points with Putin?  Does this make it ok for Russia to undermine democracy in the US?

Only during cold war? Huh, where have you been the last 20 - 30 years,,,,,,,,, However I aggree with the rest ? 

3 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

I find these inferences of submission perplexing.  Saying one thing in public, but knowing something else, and doing something different in the geopolitical arena is as old as politics itself. Read between the lines. Very little was accomplished when Obama and Putin had their stare down at the G-7. Neither one of these men is stupid, nor non-worldly. It's a political and diplomatic engagement yet to be played out. It's easier to best your diplomatic rivals up close. You may feel Putin has the upper hand, but I don't see him putting sanctions on any US corporations and individuals. Trump is an excellent negotiator and I like his odds. He knows how to play opossum when he has to, and losing isn't his style.

Seriously?  What kind of sanctions could Putin put on the US that wouldn't hurt Russia more than the US?  And what has Trump negotiated so far other than photo ops for himself?

Losing isn't his style?  Trump's style in business was to bankrupt them and abandon investors.  Now he's bankrupting the country and betraying allies.  But no doubt after this capitulation to Putin the Trump family business can continue to strike lucrative deals with Russian oligarchs.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So there actually is some limit as to just how far their head in the sand partisanship can go???  I actually thought they had no bottom depths limit as to how far they could/would sink on behalf of Trump. So, I guess I should be heartened that they do seem to have some limit.

There is at least one slimeball at Fox who will sink to the lowest depths of depravity to support Trump.....Sean Hannity.  This guy is the slimiest there is.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/16/17579188/trump-putin-sean-hannity-interview

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rod Rosenstein disagrees with you. He just went on record as saying the Russians had no effect on the outcome of the election. Rosenstein is no friend of Trump.

Provide that "on the record" BS.  I don't believe you.

44 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

did they?  the fbi was not permitted to inspect the dnc server.  the fbi simply accepted the conclusions of a private firm hired by the dnc, run by (methinks) a ukranian.  no telling if the server had been wiped, like with a cloth.

the downloaded files leaked to wiki have been analyzed to show the download speed was too fast for a standard internet connection, definitely not possible for a connection from the evil empire.  the speed was consistent with downloading to a thumbdrive, and timecodes indicate us east coast.  assange seems to have hinted at seth rich.  i think it was former uk ambassador (craig murray?) that claims to have met with the not-a-russian who leaked the files.

in strok's interview with congress, it was learned that hillary's server had been sending all her emails to a foreign entity.  that entity was not named, however it was stated for the record it was not russia.

the mueller indictments were purely for show, intended to damage the summit.  just as his last indictments of russian firms.  he announced them as a pr stunt, assuming they would never show in court, letting the media echo chamber do his dirty work.  funny thing, they hired lawyers to defend themselves, and mueller is backtracking, forced to keep applying for extensions or exclusions so as not to have to prove his case.  wonder what would happen if the russians in the latest indictment were offered "safe passage" to attend court to defend themselves?

alleged meddling....facebook posts and ad buying...that are "linked" to russians ( is that like six degrees of kevin bacon?)  amounted to a couple million bucks as opposed to billions spent on the election in total, with a large percentage coming after the elections.  if putin can affect the outcome of a us national election with that effort, he deserves the presidency.

did russian goverment workers hack into us systems?  yes, indeed they did.  that is their job.  i can guarantee you that government hackers from around the world - from china and iran and germany and england and france and israel and just about every nation with an intel service - did also.  would assume there were also workers from us intel agencies have been inside as well.... in addition to 400-pound teenagers living in their mom's basements.

Did you get your information from Putin?  If not, where did it come from?

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/heres-know-russia-dnc-hack/

http://time.com/4600177/election-hack-russia-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/31/what-we-know-about-russias-role-dnc-email-leak/

Just now, Berkshire said:

There is at least one slimeball at Fox who will sink to the lowest depths of depravity to support Trump.....Sean Hannity.  This guy is the slimiest there is.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/16/17579188/trump-putin-sean-hannity-interview

Yup, that was to be expected. No hope there.

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

American ,will suffice 

Usa-ian,  is the U S A the only country that doesn't have a word for their people.  This was stated to me by a person from the USA. American is not technically correct. 

Archived