How much spending money for 12 days in Bangkok and pattaya

Mattybyrne88

Staying in Bangkok for 7 nights and pattaya 4 nights. Will be out partying most nights in well known areas and bringing girls back a couple of nights, maybe 4 nights as I'll be exhausted ?. Thinking of bringing around 2500€  lots of shopping and tours etc. Also do I have to pay for visa as I'm from Ireland. Hotels all booked

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On an Irish passport you'll get a 30 day visa exemption stamp, no charge, just join the queue at immigration  (do NOT join the "Visa on Arrival" queue, that's something different).

Spending money? As the ladies say, up2u, I would think 2-3 grand Euro would do the trick on top of hotel etc.

Make sure your travel insurance is valid for all the activities (motorcycling, diving, jet ski) you have planned with good medical cover. Shagging all night and touring all day could lead to a heart attack.

Bring condoms!

51 minutes ago, Crossy said:

On an Irish passport you'll get a 30 day visa exemption stamp, no charge, just join the queue at immigration  (do NOT join the "Visa on Arrival" queue, that's something different).

Spending money? As the ladies say, up2u, I would think 2-3 grand Euro would do the trick on top of hotel etc.

Make sure your travel insurance is valid for all the activities (motorcycling, diving, jet ski) you have planned with good medical cover. Shagging all night and touring all day could lead to a heart attack.

Bring condoms!

Haha cheers pal

Don’t forget your wellies and an umbrella, grey skies and rain at the moment. 

€2500 should be enough - if you are careful. It sounds like you are a Thailand newbie ( your comment about paying for a visa) .

It sounds like you plan to sample the night life - bar prices can be higher than Europe - those 1000 baht notes can vanish very quickly. 

If you are a newbie- read up about all the scams etc - be careful out there - it’s the Wild West. 

Have fun 

How high is up?

Been living here since 2006 and go out a few times a year when friends visit. Bare minimum for a night out for me is ฿20,000. I used to buy drinks for all the girls, now I've learned to pick out a few lovelies and the barmaid delivering the drinks, and make it rain for just them.

Based on personel experience, and from discussions with other merrymakers in Pattaya and Bangkok, after a few drinks, a 100 baht note magically becomes a $1 note.  (or the equivalent in your home currency.)  Keep your wits about you when partying over here.

Thailand is not anywhere near as cheap as it once was , you can burn through 10,000 baht easily in party mode. Unless you budget I would say another €1000 would be advisable.

Of course many backpackers have a good time for far less but they tend not to get involved with the local bar girls.

If you are old, 'kin ugly and fat it will cost you far more than if you are are good looking young guy ...................... could also be more expensive is your dick has more brains than your head has ...?

Those who have advised certain money criteria in this post, have you included, scams, muggins etc, overcharging, stealing from your room etc.etc. Beware if you are new here, they know more tricks than you. Every night the road sellers try to scam us, but now know that we are locals, its real talk for buying certain items

I could have a grrrreat time for 2.5k euro and have a fair bit left over.

My thing is to start each day with about 4-5K baht in the pocket, never falls short.

I buy lady drinks only for a confirmed target, not for mama sans, girls' friends and no ringing the bell.

4-5 K covers modest, yummy meals, daytime pleasure and a LT at night.

Punters are paying anything the girls ask these days....softie millennial crap.

Just bear in mind....the average barfine should be 300-350b.

ST average is 500-700 in pattaya.....LT 1000-1500 (in bkk I never go above 1.5K LT)

There are those who go to a flash gogo and pay 700b barfine and 5K for two rounds of action

with a sexy yet mercenary performer.

The no 1 rule is never never never let a thai woman see ur cards....never say you are there for the first time.

They will take u to the cleaners....and then dry-clean you as well.

If ur in bkk then u r an expat from chiangmai...and so on.

To each his own but i prefer 30+ women to a 20+ "spinner"

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

If you are a newbie- read up about all the scams etc - be careful out there - it’s the Wild West. 

Yes, an innocent, virtuous sex tourist might be victimized by the locals.

7 minutes ago, Media1 said:

A outrageous amount crazy to say the least 

20,000 baht a day, whilst on holiday is outrageous !!! I wouldn't spend that living in Thailand but if I was coming on a holiday, to have fun, go on tours, shopping, girls etc ??

Damn right, why would you be a penny pincher on holiday !! Here to have fun not budget for a rainy day ?

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I could have a grrrreat time for 2.5k euro and have a fair bit left over.

My thing is to start each day with about 4-5K baht in the pocket, never falls short.

I buy lady drinks only for a confirmed target, not for mama sans, girls' friends and no ringing the bell.

4-5 K covers modest, yummy meals, daytime pleasure and a LT at night.

Punters are paying anything the girls ask these days....softie millennial crap.

ST average is 500-700 in pattaya.....LT 1000-1500 (in bkk I never go above 1.5K LT)

There are those who go to a flash gogo and pay 700b barfine and 5K for two rounds of action

with a sexy yet mercenary performer.

The no 1 rule is never never never let a thai woman see ur cards....never say you are there for the first time.

They will take u to the cleaners....and then dry-clean you as well.

If ur in bkk then u r an expat from chiangmai...and so on.

To each his own but i prefer 30+ women to a 20+ "spinner"

You pay as much as B1500 for a 30+ hummer?

3 hours ago, Media1 said:

A outrageous amount crazy to say the least 

Depends on what you do, doesn't it?  A decent dinner for two in an upscale Thai or Western restaurant can cost upwards of B5K, maybe B5k more if you have a couple bottles of good wine and a coffee and cognac or two afterwards. If you paid for your dinner companion, add another 3-5K. If you go bar hopping with her afterward; well, there you go and you haven't paid for breakfast, lunch, or a few afternoon beers. Holiday partying is not day to day living on the cheap.  

Personally for the type of holiday that you are planning, I would give Bangkok only 2 nights max and the rest in Pattaya. Bangkok is far too expensive, too busy and the nightlife spread out over too large an area. I know the Pattaya haters will disagree with me but in my opinion as a newbie, Pattaya is your best bet. In Pattaya from a beer bar, expect to pay 300 - 500 bar fine and 1000 Short time 1500 - 2000 Long Time. If you are on a budget avoid bar fining from Walking St gogos its 1500 - 2000 bar fine with prices 3000 ST and 5000 LT. Drinks are also more expensive but there are gogos that do Happy Hour all night on Tues Weds and Sunday. I dont think I can name them. Soi LK Metro gogos are better value but the girls not as fit but you do get the odd stunner.

How much to bring. Well thats hard. I would think for a night out 10000 should be enough plus what you spend in the day. By the way if you are younger then try the nightclubs. No barfine and maybe the girl fancies you and just wants to have fun. She will let you know. Always expect to pay and dont disrespect her and just want a freebie.

Cheers Have fun

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

No offense meant. But I would hate to see the girls you choose to frequent with. I know Pattaya very very well and at those prices you really are getting someone at the lower end of whats on offer in Pattaya. Each to his own I suppose.

22 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Depends on what you do, doesn't it?  A decent dinner for two in an upscale Thai or Western restaurant can cost upwards of B5K, maybe B5k more if you have a couple bottles of good wine and a coffee and cognac or two afterwards. If you paid for your dinner companion, add another 3-5K. If you go bar hopping with her afterward; well, there you go and you haven't paid for breakfast, lunch, or a few afternoon beers. Holiday partying is not day to day living on the cheap.  

Yes if you want to be raped it's easy to do. 3rd world country with AAA western prices I suppose

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Raped? My my, sounds like a person who has never had enough money to spend.

I spend what I know is right. I was at the boxing in Malaysia free hotel compliments of TR I spent on according to the countries standards as l always do.

But regardless of what my worth is l won't be getting robbed by a bunny in Thailand. You may enjoy it son lol

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

I spend what I know is right. I was at the boxing in Malaysia free hotel compliments of TR I spent on according to the countries standards as l always do.

But regardless of what my worth is l won't be getting robbed by a bunny in Thailand. You may enjoy it son lol

Sorry, I am happily married and I was speaking of the OP and his desire to have a business lady and party. Too bad you have to have your good times compliments of others. When I worked I always flew first or business class, when traveling stayed in five-star hotels, when on assignment had my family with me in very nice housing and usually drove a Mercedes; all at company expense. When I took vacations away from it; spending $5k/wk was not unusual. When I retired and had to pay for it myself; I fly mostly economy, stay in less expensive hotels and drive Japanese cars. However, I still frequently enjoy a good meal and a bottle or two of wine and travel often throughout SEA. No problem spending money.

14 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Sorry, I am happily married and I was speaking of the OP and his desire to have a business lady and party. Too bad you have to have your good times compliments of others. When I worked I always flew first or business class, when traveling stayed in five-star hotels, when on assignment had my family with me in very nice housing and usually drove a Mercedes; all at company expense. When I took vacations away from it; spending $5k/wk was not unusual. When I retired and had to pay for it myself; I fly mostly economy, stay in less expensive hotels and drive Japanese cars. However, I still frequently enjoy a good meal and a bottle or two of wine and travel often throughout SEA. No problem spending money.

Until I retired I didn't know that you could turn right as you entered the plane .....................?

28 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I do not drink and the woman are worth what your willing to pay. How long is a piece of string. 

A fool and his money are easily parted lol

Hmm hotel up from 500 bath a night lets say 15 euro per night up to 4.000 bath per night depending what you are looking for.

Look in Trivago or Agoda. But I understand you ahve booked hotel already and payed

Cost low budget: breakfast at about 200 bath (in foodcourt at malls and lotus tesco or foodland) same for lunch. Drinks depending on what. Dinner with a gf at about 1.600 bath.

Barfine a girl will be up from 1000 bath per girl. Better look in internet in dating site for a burner. (date in asia, thai cupid, thai friendly etc.). Can have a gf for the time there. Costs at about 4000 bath per day on foor expenses and some pocket money.

For tours use the skytrain get a day ticket (one day pass) for 140 bath. Better when you are in BKK first time.

Trip bangkok pattaya is at about 1.500 bath by taxi.

The rest of the costs same same

So when add without hotel you can manage with 7.000 bath a day and have a great time. But of course when like can also spend easily 10.000 bath a day or double. 

Get youself a gf for the whole time she can guide you and you pay her for all service is best deal for you whengo there first time.

13 hours ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

Haha cheers pal

Actually, we’re not kidding about bringing condoms with you.....  you may not find your preferred style....not to mention size....here in Thailand.  Worth thinking about and....not kidding!  Have fun!

Archived