BANGKOK 22 March 2019 01:28
Mattybyrne88

How much spending money for 12 days in Bangkok and pattaya

I spent roughly 4000 euros six years ago.  Ten days in  Jomtien, Pattaya and eight days in Rawai,  Phuket.no fancy restaurants or anything else.  Just full on party time. 

The first few days I was clueless as to the delights on offer. 

I reckon, with inflation,  you'll do OK with 6000 euros. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I could have a grrrreat time for 2.5k euro and have a fair bit left over.

My thing is to start each day with about 4-5K baht in the pocket, never falls short.

I buy lady drinks only for a confirmed target, not for mama sans, girls' friends and no ringing the bell.

4-5 K covers modest, yummy meals, daytime pleasure and a LT at night.

Punters are paying anything the girls ask these days....softie millennial crap.

Just bear in mind....the average barfine should be 300-350b.

ST average is 500-700 in pattaya.....LT 1000-1500 (in bkk I never go above 1.5K LT)

There are those who go to a flash gogo and pay 700b barfine and 5K for two rounds of action

with a sexy yet mercenary performer.

The no 1 rule is never never never let a thai woman see ur cards....never say you are there for the first time.

They will take u to the cleaners....and then dry-clean you as well.

If ur in bkk then u r an expat from chiangmai...and so on.

To each his own but i prefer 30+ women to a 20+ "spinner"

i guess its been a while since you've had a LT in Bangkok 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Media1 said:

I do not drink and the woman are worth what your willing to pay. How long is a piece of string. 

A fool and his money are easily parted lol

I think there is where you miss the point. It's only money; and although I am not rich, I have enough to treat me and mine very well.

3 hours ago, tryasimight said:

i guess its been a while since you've had a LT in Bangkok 

3 months ago.....1500b LT....if you can call leaving the disco at 5am LT...she left at about 3pm the next day.

Lemme just say that Im not into stunners....im into women their late 30s and 40s with a  slightly desperate air about them.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

median household income for a Thai household is about 28,000 per month, but if you really want to be a jackass, the sky is the limit.  Perhaps, rent a Jetski, and show the world you can make air, water, and noise pollution..all at the same time, while on vacation.  And if you still are having a short guy complex, plenty of roid heads around there will set you up. I hear the boxed red wines are excellent...March was a good month.

Edited by moontang

8 hours ago, jimn said:

No offense meant. But I would hate to see the girls you choose to frequent with. I know Pattaya very very well and at those prices you really are getting someone at the lower end of whats on offer in Pattaya. Each to his own I suppose.

It is common for someone who has been brainwashed by a certain pattaya sex forum run by soi 6 bar managers to say stuff

like you just did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

It is common for someone who has been brainwashed by a certain pattaya sex forum run by soi 6 bar managers to say stuff

like you just did.

I know the forum you mean. However I very rarely go on there. Doesnt make what I said wrong though does it. As for soi 6 I think its the pits. I havnt been there for ages.

12 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

3 months ago.....1500b LT....if you can call leaving the disco at 5am LT...she left at about 3pm the next day.

Lemme just say that Im not into stunners....im into women their late 30s and 40s with a  slightly desperate air about them.

There worth what they can get

As far as giving money to the girls....1000 is too much; a million is not enough.

With 2500€ you will have a roughly 8500b (220€) per day, should be enough unless you intend to go crazy every night.

Realistically, and if you only pay for yourself, 1500b for food per day is enough - 200b for breakfast, 400 lunch, and a decent dinner 500-900b with drinks. I personally eat all meals out, sometimes thai, sometimes western, and rarely spend more than 1000b per day on food. I think average is closer to 600b.

Lets say 2000-3000b for drinks - cheap bars will be 100b per beer/drink, expensive bars/clubs 300b. Let's say average 200b so this would mean 10-15 drinks per night, that should at least get you buzzed.

This still leaves you with +4000b per day for other activites ?  In my opinion it is more than enough, you could have a full service massage and LT every day.

In Bangkok you will probably spend 300-400b per day on getting around. In Pattaya not so much, mostly walkable or can use the 10b songthews.

19 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Yep ... why I like women over 40 ... they don't yell ... they don't tell ... and theyre as grateful as hell ...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bkksteve123 said:

With 2500€ you will have a roughly 8500b (220€) per day, should be enough unless you intend to go crazy every night.

Realistically, and if you only pay for yourself, 1500b for food per day is enough - 200b for breakfast, 400 lunch, and a decent dinner 500-900b with drinks. I personally eat all meals out, sometimes thai, sometimes western, and rarely spend more than 1000b per day on food. I think average is closer to 600b.

Lets say 2000-3000b for drinks - cheap bars will be 100b per beer/drink, expensive bars/clubs 300b. Let's say average 200b so this would mean 10-15 drinks per night, that should at least get you buzzed.

This still leaves you with +4000b per day for other activites ?  In my opinion it is more than enough, you could have a full service massage and LT every day.

In Bangkok you will probably spend 300-400b per day on getting around. In Pattaya not so much, mostly walkable or can use the 10b songthews.

Cheers pal. I'm a cheap bastard when it come s to drink so I will probably hit a 7/11 for a afew beers before heading out. Kind of regretting I didn't book pattaya for longer now. 

6 hours ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

Cheers pal. I'm a cheap bastard when it come s to drink so I will probably hit a 7/11 for a afew beers before heading out. Kind of regretting I didn't book pattaya for longer now. 

You'll be fine on that budget. Lots of overestimates on costs given here, especially given that your hotel is booked. That means you might have a free breakfast for starters, all sorts of lunchtime deals are available in the pubs and restaurants, and generous daytime happy hours there. If you want to eat the local food it's way cheaper (and less heavy on the palate in the hot climate) and it's way better than the food you'll find in Thai restaurants in the west. In the bar scene many places run happy hour to around 9 or 10pm. Keep an eye out for drink scams and ward off the freeloaders. 

Bring your money in foreign currency, don't change it before you leave as rates are lousy. Similarly don't change up much when you arrive at the airport, best rates are downtown at places like SuperRich or Vasu exchange in Bkk, or the yellow TT booths in Pattaya. Unless you've got a pile of luggage take the airport link into the city. Tell taxis to use the meter, and take the big bus from Ekammai to Pattaya, only 100 baht, more spacious and better views than a taxi. Many ways of keeping the costs down, but really you have enough money to have a blast. 

• Like 1

• Depends on your age, stamina, and personality
  • I would say - for ten days - $500+ a day, all in, cause  if this is a single mans vacation of a lifetime, think Hangover III, then you will need it and more.  Travelers cheques are best, when, not if, when, they get stolen, they are insured.
  • this is if you are a sex pat tourist...........now if you are a sight seeing tourist???  $200 a day is plenty, and I mean plenty, but if you are going the Rock Star route  $500 a day is minimum.  Bring some friends  have FUN!!

2500 pound is more than enough to enjoy 12 days, you will be spending at least 8000 baht a day.

Go for it.