BANGKOK 22 March 2019 00:35
Mattybyrne88

How much spending money for 12 days in Bangkok and pattaya

On 7/17/2018 at 5:53 PM, moontang said:

median household income for a Thai household is about 28,000 per month, but if you really want to be a jackass, the sky is the limit.  Perhaps, rent a Jetski, and show the world you can make air, water, and noise pollution..all at the same time, while on vacation.  And if you still are having a short guy complex, plenty of roid heads around there will set you up. I hear the boxed red wines are excellent...March was a good month.

I assume to get to that figure you are including all the rich people in Bangkok. The net income of a real Thai family in the village is far less. Much more like 8000 - 10000.

On 7/17/2018 at 7:13 AM, cornishcarlos said:

20,000 baht a day, whilst on holiday is outrageous !!! I wouldn't spend that living in Thailand but if I was coming on a holiday, to have fun, go on tours, shopping, girls etc ??

Damn right, why would you be a penny pincher on holiday !! Here to have fun not budget for a rainy day ?

For food, drinks etc me my wife, my mother in law need about that for food and drinks only with shopping at lotus, 7-eleven and big c.

In Europe with a 2 person family 250 euro a month is already more then most people can afford. So I totally thing the guy posting the question is a moron.

3 hours ago, jimn said:

I assume to get to that figure you are including all the rich people in Bangkok. The net income of a real Thai family in the village is far less. Much more like 8000 - 10000.

Can I assume you actually know what "median" is?

13 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:
  • Depends on your age, stamina, and personality
  • I would say - for ten days - $500+ a day, all in, cause  if this is a single mans vacation of a lifetime, think Hangover III, then you will need it and more.  Travelers cheques are best, when, not if, when, they get stolen, they are insured.
  • this is if you are a sex pat tourist...........now if you are a sight seeing tourist???  $200 a day is plenty, and I mean plenty, but if you are going the Rock Star route  $500 a day is minimum.  Bring some friends  have FUN!!

€500 a day is crazy money. I'll be sticking to sight seeing and budget €600 for fun times if ya get me. So €1900 should be enough for food attractions and shopping

On 7/17/2018 at 3:41 PM, smotherb said:

Depends on what you do, doesn't it?  A decent dinner for two in an upscale Thai or Western restaurant can cost upwards of B5K, maybe B5k more if you have a couple bottles of good wine and a coffee and cognac or two afterwards. If you paid for your dinner companion, add another 3-5K. If you go bar hopping with her afterward; well, there you go and you haven't paid for breakfast, lunch, or a few afternoon beers. Holiday partying is not day to day living on the cheap.  

breaking news: he doesnt cum to thailand to vine & dine his to-be hi-so wife, he will eat some basic meal and spend the rest on beer

in a go-go, and some hookers

cognac my arse, maybe to smoothen some mosquito bite,

but its beer that matters.

i had a good time drinking for 2k a day,

i dont think many can consume that amount

13 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:
  • Depends on your age, stamina, and personality
  • I would say - for ten days - $500+ a day, all in, cause  if this is a single mans vacation of a lifetime, think Hangover III, then you will need it and more.  Travelers cheques are best, when, not if, when, they get stolen, they are insured.
  • this is if you are a sex pat tourist...........now if you are a sight seeing tourist???  $200 a day is plenty, and I mean plenty, but if you are going the Rock Star route  $500 a day is minimum.  Bring some friends  have FUN!!

Please don't advise the lad to bring Travelers cheques that are far inferior to a debit card in terms of ease of use.

3 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Please don't advise the lad to bring Travelers cheques that are far inferior to a debit card in terms of ease of use.

I'm bringing two bank cards and cash ? 

bringing along THAI wife is a big variable factor for how long the money lasts....

... the variable being; how many visits has she planned, to the relatives?

7 minutes ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

I'm bringing two bank cards and cash ? 

Smart move.   

You're two steps ahead of the average traveler.

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Another whoring thread.....

Nope even if I decided to have a lady back to my room we would just watch a movie and play connect

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

breaking news: he doesnt cum to thailand to vine & dine his to-be hi-so wife, he will eat some basic meal and spend the rest on beer

in a go-go, and some hookers

cognac my arse, maybe to smoothen some mosquito bite,

but its beer that matters.

i had a good time drinking for 2k a day,

i dont think many can consume that amount

poanoi, I have heard your rustic song before. I wouldn't expect you to enjoy any more than the basics. However, some people enjoy more than beer and bologna.

Partying

500 Euros a days is easily spent, thats after hotels etc just play money! especially when girls and their drinks are involved  ?

It aint cheap here any more just been in Bangkok for 2 days ( i live in the sticks ).......so i know

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, poohy said:

Partying

500 Euros a days is easily spent, thats after hotels etc just play money! especially when girls and their drinks are involved  ?

It aint cheap here any more just been in Bangkok for 2 days ( i live in the sticks ).......so i know

I'm only 19 but have been to Amsterdam 4 times in the last 2 years. Usually spend around 800 for a week there. Surely Bangkok is cheaper. If I budget 400b for lady drink and my drink in gogo bar and 3-4000b for short time maybe 3-4 times during my trip. I'm not a big eater so street food and shopping food court is good. And I'll pre drink vodka or beer from supermarket. Taxi to pattaya and taxi to lopburi and ayyatuya are my big expenses. The rest is shopping and local attractions and fishing. €2500 should be good enough

Edited by Mattybyrne88
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

poanoi, I have heard your rustic song before. I wouldn't expect you to enjoy any more than the basics. However, some people enjoy more than beer and bologna.

here is his request for info:

[ Staying in Bangkok for 7 nights and pattaya 4 nights. Will be out partying most nights in well known areas and bringing girls back a couple of nights, maybe 4 nights as I'll be exhausted ]

does this boy sounds like he is even remotely

interested in wining & dining teaching a bar girl

how to swallow cognac for 5000 baht an evening ?

or does he sound like he wants to take her

to a short time room and pay 1000 baht tops ?

reading between the lines,

he will do his very best on finding the cheapest prostitutes in the world,

and drink some beer at the same time

where ever did you find the reason to bring cognac into the equation ?

its like adding pi when calculating squares

Edited by poanoi