BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

1pm1.jpg

video screenshot

A group of European residents in Pattaya have had enough.

They bought houses in the resort only for a large condominium complex to be built next door.

They have suffered damage to their houses in the construction phase and now they can't even rent out their properties due to noise.

Complaints to the local authority and the police have fallen on deaf ears. While the condo development have just given superficial help.

Now they have turned to the media to try and get some justice.

1pm.jpg

video screenshot

Pattaya Update News reporters went to see the "Europeans and Scandinavians" in their soi of "Grand Thanyawan Home 2" that has been there more than ten years.

The houses - that costs at least 4 million baht each - are towered over by the four buildings of Arcadia Beach Resort Condominium next door.

Bjorn Ingolf Soreng, 57, led the chorus of complaints saying that the piling next door caused cracks in walls, floors and fences.

Calls to the cops and City Hall proved useless.

Now he said he feared of a collapse.

The Arcadia management sent a few guys round who painted over some cracks and replaced a few ceramic tiles but didn't do anything more.

Waree Seuayoosai, married to a foreigner in the soi, said they bought their property for 4 million baht 12 years ago.

It was all nice and quiet before and they could get a good rental income.

No more. With the noise from the condo - especially the air-conditioners no one wants to rent out their place any more.

Source: Pattayaupdate news

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-17

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

Complaints to the local authority and the police have fallen on deaf ears.

Only money will unwax these ears.

And the surprise is????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

married to a foreigner in the soi, said they bought their property for 4 million baht 12 years ago.

I wonder what this house is worth now?

24 minutes ago, missoura said:

4.1million

Even with the pixelated image, it is clearly that everlasting joker Bjorn.

Probably won’t need any sun-shades now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is why I will NEVER EVER buy property in Thailand.

And please keep on over building so rents are super low for decades to come. 

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

But the developers will say 'If we stop developing and building more villages and condos then a lot of workers will have no job so have to continue building'.

23 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

A would be savvy property purchaser will always look at the surroundings of the property he's wishing to buy keeping in minds that everything is possible to happen with properties next door, well, as much as one can be careful in this country... 

19 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A would be savvy property purchaser will always look at the surroundings of the property he's wishing to buy keeping in minds that everything is possible to happen with properties next door, well, as much as one can be careful in this country... 

It would be a very savvy, maybe a clairvoyant property purchaser to know a high-rise or condo is going to be built right next door in 10 years time.

Mind you, around 10-12 years ago, there wasn't any indication that they would be shoehorning condo's into back streets miles from the beach. Condo's were primarily (near) beach front affectations and small, quiet, low-density housing developments beyond the railroad bypass would have certainly been appealing back then, especially at 4 m baht.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:10 AM, webfact said:

Calls to the cops and City Hall proved useless.

Welcome to Thailand.....

Are there any zoning by-laws or an official city plan which clearly identifies what can be built in a specific area or what type of business can operate in an area?

It seem it's just urban sprawl - anybody can build anything anywhere.

I guess one option is to sue for damages - but only the lawyers will get rich using that path.