We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Always rent, so you can move at moments notice, when something like this happens, or some youths move in nearby with their mindless Thai 'rock', or the Thai neighbours turn on you for a whole myriad of reasons.  Just go to one 'just built building', until the problems come [which they will], and then onto the next 'just built building'.  Quick on your toes, and travel light.

No, just think smart before you BUY 

3 hours ago, Johnnyondaspot said:

Amen.  If you aren't able to figure this simple fact out then you get what you deserve.

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Always rent, so you can move at moments notice, when something like this happens, or some youths move in nearby with their mindless Thai 'rock', or the Thai neighbours turn on you for a whole myriad of reasons.  Just go to one 'just built building', until the problems come [which they will], and then onto the next 'just built building'.  Quick on your toes, and travel light.

Always RENT, <deleted>.!?!?! 

I like to have control, being a renter you're at the mercy of the landlord. 

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem.

Some people are their own worst enemies, its easy to buy property, what's not easy is buying the right property. 

Don't buy, don't buy, oh and don't buy.  The Thai rules and laws (if any) just do not favor foreigners.   You never know what sort of new rule or development is going to come along. Sounds like many people bought the properties with the goal of renting them out.  Another risky proposition in itself.  Lease or rent unless you really really really love a place

8 hours ago, rickjza said:

You should never, ever buy a house near vacant land. Anything can be built upon, they should think themselves lucky a rubbish tip was not approved.

Judging by the state of the "garden" that was shown he'd probably find a rubbish tip quite acceptable.

51 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Don't buy, don't buy, oh and don't buy.  The Thai rules and laws (if any) just do not favor foreigners.   You never know what sort of new rule or development is going to come along. Sounds like many people bought the properties with the goal of renting them out.  Another risky proposition in itself.  Lease or rent unless you really really really love a place

But those same laws somehow do favour Thais?  How do you work it out that it's just the foreigners that are at a disadvantage?

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is why I will NEVER EVER buy property in Thailand.

And please keep on over building so rents are super low for decades to come. 

At least then the people with small amount of money can afford roof over the head and not living on the street.

Sick people, get your earplugs in or turn some music on, you want to live in pattaya, a fast growing city, then take the consistency of it, it’s not a small quiet nice town.

i don’t live in pattaya, I’m living outside in nowhere, and the noise here is bad, yes animal noise, but they are the part of nature. ?

3 hours ago, rickjza said:

Always RENT, <deleted>.!?!?! 

I like to have control, being a renter you're at the mercy of the landlord. 

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem.

Some people are their own worst enemies, its easy to buy property, what's not easy is buying the right property. 

Absolutely . Just imagine sitting on crappy Thai furniture and a concrete mattress and having the landlord steal 2 months deposit because you dare to put a nail in the wall to hang a picture

I did home work and bought a corner condo so their is zero noise in the bedroom (no neighbor) . lazy boy recliners , top of the range mattress and top of the range everything else. master of my domain and I answer to no one.!!

Do your home work..due diligence and don't be stupid and buy a house next to a condo size vacant block. Serves them right they should have known better

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

A would be savvy property purchaser will always look at the surroundings of the property he's wishing to buy keeping in minds that everything is possible to happen with properties next door, well, as much as one can be careful in this country... 

I'm glad we built next to a swamp.

Not so glad the sis-in-law's house is across the street.

Loei house aerial view.png

Loei house 4.JPG

Sunrise Loei 2017.JPG

Dim house 2.JPG

It`s the same old story, Farangs buying houses and land in their Thai wives names.

To fight their case, it has to be the Thai wives that take legal action and then the wives have to prove the land and property was bought with their money. The foreign husbands have no rights or jurisdiction over the property, whatsoever.

They don`t stand any chance at all of bringing this to court to claim compensation. Mugs, they never learn.

I thought Thai buildings only had a shelf life of around 10-12 yrs so he's doing fine if it's still standing.if he's had it 12 yrs he must of got a great exchange rate back then so if he sold it for 3 million he would be still up on the deal.stop moaning and get some ear plugs.

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

But those same laws somehow do favour Thais?  How do you work it out that it's just the foreigners that are at a disadvantage?

Seriously?  Do you think the Foreigner has any advantage over Thais in general when it comes to any dispute in Thailand?  Not to mention any dispute that even gets to a court.  good luck if you think a foreigner is a favorite

21 hours ago, The manic said:

I rent a condo in Soi Cozy in a block I would consider buying but there is massive plot of undeveloped overgrown land from a previous failed project. Its tied up in legal problems now. But once that problem is sorted its obvious a condo will be built there. Meaning 24/7 construction noise and dust.  To say nothing of what effect it will have on the environment when it is completed. In the UK, when buying a property you can learn of any future developments and the status of the land nearby. Not foolproof but a bit less haphazard than here.

As you say even in UK you have to dig deep. Almost bought a new bungalow that had nice views over fields to the sea and the area  was green belt listed.

Dug deeper and found out the green belt listing had an expiry date 5 years in the future.

Now that bungalow has nice views of back fences and two story houses.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Seriously?  Do you think the Foreigner has any advantage over Thais in general when it comes to any dispute in Thailand?  Not to mention any dispute that even gets to a court.  good luck if you think a foreigner is a favorite

No, I don`t but then I didn`t say that, did I?   I was commenting on the post that suggested that foreigners were at a disadvantage when it came to the laws applying to this topic.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

As you say even in UK you have to dig deep. Almost bought a new bungalow that had nice views over fields to the sea and the area  was green belt listed.

Dug deeper and found out the green belt listing had an expiry date 5 years in the future.

Now that bungalow has nice views of back fences and two story houses.

The green belt has to go to create housing for the immigrants and the children they create through polygamy. 

On 7/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, NCC1701A said:

this is why I will NEVER EVER buy property in Thailand.

And please keep on over building so rents are super low for decades to come. 

haha so true about cheap houses. But the ones who buy condo never have any problem, if they have a brain at least.

Archived