We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

webfact

Rule number 1:  never buy property in Thailand, just rent and move to another place when the noise starts,  

Rule number 2:  Tell your wife/gf you can't support her relatives of 20 people. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Just Weird said:

Love to see how you explain that.

Oh stop it.  You clearly are bent and stuck on the belief that you think foreigners get the same treatment in a Thai court as Thai natives do ( if they even get to a court which is doubtful).  You just keep believing anything you want

18 hours ago, brling said:

I think I would give this thread a rest, if I was you, and try another thread to defend the Thais. eg Thai road carnage.

Thanks, but you're the last person that I need any advice from you about what threads I should post in or what the content should be.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Oh stop it.  You clearly are bent and stuck on the belief that you think foreigners get the same treatment in a Thai court as Thai natives do ( if they even get to a court which is doubtful).  You just keep believing anything you want

I knew that you wouldn't be able to explain your comment, nothing new there, then.

"Oh stop it"....geez

On 7/17/2018 at 4:10 AM, webfact said:

said they bought their property for 4 million baht 12 years ago.

It was all nice and quiet before and they could get a good rental income.

No more. With the noise from the condo - especially the air-conditioners no one wants to rent out their place any more.

Things change and sh*t happens. Did they seriously think 12 years ago that Pattaya would stay the same as it was then? If I wanted to ensure peace and quiet for the rest of my life, I would rather buy a house by a fjord in Norway or on a fell in the north of Sweden than Pattaya, Thailand.

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I knew that you wouldn't be able to explain your comment, nothing new there, then.

"Oh stop it"....geez

pretty childish be you.  There is plenty of defense.  Just scan numerous posts on Thai Visa and you will find many examples of Foreigner getting the shaft.  Now run along to your paper route.  Lamentable how people such as you just keep trying to inflame things and are too lazy to do any due diligence.  If you think Thailand is greatly fair to foreigners, then by all means go and buy some land in some Thai person's name, go ahead and open a business and see how much attention you get from many officials and non-officials. 

On 7/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, NanLaew said:

It would be a very savvy, maybe a clairvoyant property purchaser to know a high-rise or condo is going to be built right next door in 10 years time.

Mind you, around 10-12 years ago, there wasn't any indication that they would be shoehorning condo's into back streets miles from the beach. Condo's were primarily (near) beach front affectations and small, quiet, low-density housing developments beyond the railroad bypass would have certainly been appealing back then, especially at 4 m baht.

Regarding substantial development in this area, you would not need to be clairvoyant back in 2006 to know big things could be built there. Looking back on Google Earth you can view a 2006 image of the plot of land Arcadia is developing. It's a very clean 1.8 hectares of undeveloped land. I see they cleared it ready for construction in 2014.

Arcadia Beach Resort.PNG

Arcadia 2013.PNG

On 7/21/2018 at 4:01 AM, gk10002000 said:

Actually, you do get the same treatment in a Thai court if and only if you get a really good lawyer. I had to change lawyers for a number of court cases last year. The first one ripped me off - the second one got me out of the shit the first one put me in... Not only did the first lawyer not get the job done, but his negligence nearly got me charged criminally for something HE did. What did he do? He submitted key documents late, outside the prescribed 90 days... despite me handing them to him 6 weeks earlier.

The hard part is to find a lawyer that's actually on your side. 

Actually, you do get the same treatment in a Thai court if and only if you get a really good lawyer. I had to change lawyers for a number of court cases last year. The first one ripped me off - the second one got me out of the shit the first one put me in... Not only did the first lawyer not get the job done, but his negligence nearly got me charged criminally for something HE did. What did he do? He submitted key documents late, outside the prescribed 90 days... despite me handing them to him 6 weeks earlier.

The hard part is to find a lawyer that's actually on your side. 

A good lawyer knows the law.
A great lawyer knows the Judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

A good lawyer knows the law.
A great lawyer knows the Judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, in Pattaya, most good lawyers know all the judges and vice versa. In a small provincial court it doesn't take long before they know each other. My good lawyer knew my bad lawyer quite well too. It's one big happy family.

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

pretty childish be you.  There is plenty of defense.  Just scan numerous posts on Thai Visa and you will find many examples of Foreigner getting the shaft.  Now run along to your paper route.  Lamentable how people such as you just keep trying to inflame things and are too lazy to do any due diligence.  If you think Thailand is greatly fair to foreigners, then by all means go and buy some land in some Thai person's name, go ahead and open a business and see how much attention you get from many officials and non-officials. 

Not childish at all to ask you to explain something that you posted that is not justified.  

If all those examples that answer my question to you based on what you said are so easily available why don't you use them to provide an answer instead of pivoting and avoiding answering in your own words?

Ignorance of people buying.

Add to it those that buy with empty lots around them thinking it is some great open space.

Then, years of construction noise ruining their lives. So sad.

Always rent.  Get a 6 month lease so you can get the hell out if it goes to S...

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

get in line...everyone living in pattaya has a story and damages from construction and or bad neibours...suck it up

Yeah. My last rental apartment had roof tile damage from a condo construction next door. I was also constantly clearing up my top balconies from debris that used to fall down....and the side wall facing the building site had concrete splatters all over it... not to mention having to wash my front drive after every concrete pour, because cement drained down in front of my apartment. In hind sight I should have left, but my landlord gave me a rent deduction and I liked the place.

30 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yeah. My last rental apartment had roof tile damage from a condo construction next door. I was also constantly clearing up my top balconies from debris that used to fall down....and the side wall facing the building site had concrete splatters all over it... not to mention having to wash my front drive after every concrete pour, because cement drained down in front of my apartment. In hind sight I should have left, but my landlord gave me a rent deduction and I liked the place.

Yes sounds like paradise.

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes sounds like paradise.

I didn't mention, I used to sleep to music so that the early morning crew wouldn't wake me up. Once the piling was done things settled down. I only good thing about it was I didn't own it.

My new place has some empty lots next door too, so you never know when it can happen.

36 minutes ago, tropo said:

I didn't mention, I used to sleep to music so that the early morning crew wouldn't wake me up. Once the piling was done things settled down. I only good thing about it was I didn't own it.

My new place has some empty lots next door too, so you never know when it can happen.

Yes these landowners and developers all know eachother they know exactly what plot to develop first giving residents an short term illusion of great views suddenly 3 years later an new development pops up  right  infront ur building 50 floors etc etc..

we never saw in coming but they did?

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Ignorance of people buying.

Add to it those that buy with empty lots around them thinking it is some great open space.

Then, years of construction noise ruining their lives. So sad.

Always rent.  Get a 6 month lease so you can get the hell out if it goes to S...

U lucky-for not buying in The base Pattaya  I believe u rented there? that one going to be blocked heavily by that Sansiri one..

some smart guy bought up all these indian shophouses besides kissfood and miraculously obtained a building permit for an highrise...

Leaving Condo owners Base Pty screwed. 

On 7/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, rickjza said:

On 7/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Always rent, so you can move at moments notice, when something like this happens, or some youths move in nearby with their mindless Thai 'rock', or the Thai neighbours turn on you for a whole myriad of reasons.  Just go to one 'just built building', until the problems come [which they will], and then onto the next 'just built building'.  Quick on your toes, and travel light.

Always RENT, <deleted>.!?!?! 

I like to have control, being a renter you're at the mercy of the landlord. 

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem.

Some people are their own worst enemies, its easy to buy property, what's not easy is buying the right property. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did a quick calculation

I’ve lived in Pattaya for 14 years, living in the same housing estate

I bought 2 houses, a 4 bedroom and a 3 bedroom

I’d say for me to rent a similar house would be 25000 to 40000 baht per month.

So ill average and say 32500 per month over the 14 years would be 5,460,000 baht

There are many benefits to buying, I feel the biggest benefit being my children have not been relocated unnecessarily due to not being in control.

I don’t know about you but I don’t like wasting money.

You’re making the landlord rich, well done

Again buy smart.

I do as I prefer to be in CONTROL

46 minutes ago, tropo said:

A good quality high blast fan will also work.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

You seem to be a champion when choosing where to live ?

1 hour ago, rickjza said:

Always rent, so you can move at moments notice, when something like this happens, or some youths move in nearby with their mindless Thai 'rock', or the Thai neighbours turn on you for a whole myriad of reasons.  Just go to one 'just built building', until the problems come [which they will], and then onto the next 'just built building'.  Quick on your toes, and travel light.

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem.

Some people are their own worst enemies, its easy to buy property, what's not easy is buying the right property. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So ill average and say 32500 per month over the 14 years would be 5,460,000 baht

There are many benefits to buying, I feel the biggest benefit being my children have not been relocated unnecessarily due to not being in control.

Again buy smart.

Same here ! And happy to know that I am not the only one with a brain...

2 hours ago, rickjza said:

Again buy smart.

U cant control it all...

example selection of neighbors ,or developers their next plans etc.

1 hour ago, goegoe said:

You seem to be a champion when choosing where to live ?

Well, it was only one f****p in 12 years. I like my new place so much I'll take a gamble on construction not starting any time soon.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:
3 hours ago, rickjza said:
  On 7/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Again buy smart.

U cant control it all...

example selection of neighbors ,or developers their next plans etc.

He likes to think he's in control, but actually, you have more control renting than owning because it's easy to move.

Next, he's going to say he a very smart guy (sorry, he already said that) with an accurate crystal ball and he accounted for all unknown variables.

My last landlord is smart and very arrogant. A neighbour from hell moved in and started a laundry, now he can't sell. You can't even keep the windows open due to strong detergent/perfume smells that quickly inundate the house. Tried to get it shut down through the same channels the guy in the OP story tried (city hall) - no dice. A waste of time.

Another unknown happened too. The condo they built next door places their garbage bins right next to the carport. When the garbage truck arrives every morning, it sits right in front of the carport for 10 - 15 minutes (a lot of garbage to collect) and that black, foul-smelling garbage effluent seeps from under the truck downhill to a place directly in front of the front gate. What are you going to do about that? All I did was hose it away every morning in addition to sweeping up all the litter left behind from the garbage bins that were emptied..., and then the other neighbours downhill from me complained that I was washing garbage effluent to their houses.

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

He likes to think he's in control, but actually, you have more control renting than owning because it's easy to move.

Next, he's going to say he a very smart guy (sorry, he already said that) with an accurate crystal ball and he accounted for all unknown variables.

My last landlord is smart and very arrogant. A neighbour from hell moved in and started a laundry, now he can't sell. You can't even keep the windows open due to strong detergent/perfume smells that quickly inundate the house. Tried to get it shut down through the same channels the guy in the OP story tried (city hall) - no dice. A waste of time.

Another unknown happened too. The condo they built next door places their garbage bins right next to the carport. When the garbage truck arrives every morning, it sits right in front of the carport for 10 - 15 minutes (a lot of garbage to collect) and that black, foul-smelling garbage effluent seeps from under the truck downhill to a place directly in front of the front gate. What are you going to do about that? All I did was hose it away every morning in addition to sweeping up all the litter left behind from the garbage bins that were emptied..., and then the other neighbours downhill from me complained that I was washing garbage effluent to their houses.

There are pros and cons both for renting and buying simple as that depends on the individual case...Anyway was Thinking u was living in 3 combined units some 25 floors or up?

But i can be mistaken..

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

There are pros and cons both for renting and buying simple as that depends on the individual case...Anyway was Thinking u was living in 3 combined units some 25 floors or up?

But i can be mistaken..

No, that wasn't me, but it would be nice to be past the mosquito zone.

Buying here is not "an investment".  If that is ones justification for buying which it often is, they lack total knowledge of "investing" and the real estate market here .

Here, is mostly a slow drip of stagnant nothingness.

You can make so much more money actually "investing" in a true meaningful investment.

And, renting gives you total control.

If it got so bad I could walk away from a 20,000 b deposit no problem.

You would have a hard time walking away from that 2 million b condo "investment".

Archived