BANGKOK 18 February 2019 03:29
webfact

We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Wish that sort of approach was taken more in our home countries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What approach is that?

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

What happens a lot?  

Damage to next door properties from building developments..(no zoning..laundry's next door)

and the point of the  magazine scan was to show the attitude of some in Thailand toward "farang" making waves.

What approach is that?

A reasonable expectation for ‘foreigners’ to obey the laws of the land or ......... off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, johng said:

Damage to next door properties from building developments..(no zoning..laundry's next door)

and the point of the  magazine scan was to show the attitude of some in Thailand toward "farang" making waves.

The magazine scan talked about foreigners starting a court case, not about damage to adjacent buildings. It said nothing about what the court case was over and I have no idea about that story from 2008. It's their legal right to hire lawyers and go to court, for whatever reason. Although that could be a waste of money, it's not indicative of bad behaviour. 

15 minutes ago, johng said:

The magazine scan didn't do that. Unless you can explain exactly why they went to court, it's irrelevant. I have no idea why they went to court. Perhaps you could elaborate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tropo said:

not about damage to adjacent buildings.

The "damage" was to the value of their property and their sea view...not to mention years of building dust and noise..I'm not sure if the case is still ongoing !!  there was a long thread on here about it  but I think it was deleted for some reason.

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

it's not indicative of bad behaviour.

Yes I agree,  but some others   think the "farangs" should just shut up and  like it or lump it ( ie  go home)

16 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

A reasonable expectation for ‘foreigners’ to obey the laws of the land or ......... off!

The ‘foreigners’ where/are trying to get  the laws of the land applied...they bough a condo with a nice sea view and thought the land in front was prohibited from any building over 14 meters tall being built, as there is a law about nothing tall within a 100 meters from the sea shore...low and behold now you can measure 100 meters out to sea from the sea shore  and use that as the starting point for that 100 meters measurement !

I believe the stalled Waterfront at Bali Hai  benefited from this new interpretation of 100 meters from MSL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johng said:

The "damage" was to the value of their property and their sea view...not to mention years of building dust and noise..I'm not sure if the case is still ongoing !!  there was a long thread on here about it  but I think it was deleted for some reason.

Yes I agree,  but some others   think the "farangs" should just shut up and  like it or lump it ( ie  go home)

The ‘foreigners’ where/are trying to get  the laws of the land applied...they bough a condo with a nice sea view and thought the land in front was prohibited from any building over 14 meters tall being built, as there is a law about nothing tall within a 100 meters from the sea shore...low and behold now you can measure 100 meters out to sea from the sea shore  and use that as the starting point for that 100 meters measurement !

I believe the stalled Waterfront at Bali Hai  benefited from this new interpretation of 100 meters from MSL

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know where you were going from the magazine snap alone.

I definitely don't agree with the "shut up or go home" mantra. As long as your feet are on Thai soil, you're governed by the same laws as Thai people and you have rights. These people who suggest they are troublemakers are people who have been lucky not to have had any problems, or in the case of the piece you posted from the magazine, a vested interest.

6 hours ago, johng said:

sadly it happens a lot.

VT7.jpg.85b14c17661e2745138c450335ec2a12.jpg

Did condos owners in the building behind VT7 lost a lot of money ?

Did condos owners in the building behind VT7 lost a lot of money ?

Absolutely no idea but I'm sure a lot lost their nice sea view.

You would have to be out of your mind to buy any property in Thailand

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, garyk said:

You would have to be out of your mind to buy any property in Thailand

Or just a poor cheap charlie ❤️

• Like 1

More of   the "farangs" should just shut up and  like it or lump it ( ie  go home)  attitude here.

Sanook reported that the residents have spent a lot of money on lawyers in fighting their case.

They have even been called "stupid" for buying houses in that area by the Arcadia management, they claimed.

• Haha 1