Thai Football League: Fifteen to face match fixing charges

webfact

Thai Football League: Fifteen to face match fixing charges

3PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Public prosecutors decided Monday to press ahead with match fixing charges against 15 people including referees, players and investors who they say manipulated results in the Toyota Thai Football league in the 2017 season.

All defendants deny the charges.

Eight are players from two teams - Navy FC and Sisaket FC.

Five are investors connected to betting interests.

Two are prominent referees.

A 16th person was deemed to be only slightly involved and will give evidence against the group instead of face charges.

The charges relate to the fixing of five matches in 2017 and involve sums from one million baht but not exceeding ten million baht.

Those charged can be jailed up to ten years or face big fines if found guilty.

The initial hearing is on September 10th after public prosecutors in Ratchadaphisek decided to press on with the charges yesterday.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-17

I gather it is more wide spread than that. An acquaintance of mine I talk to was talking about how a game or two in CM were lost from CM killing in the first half running away with it to basically getting eaten and losing in the in the second. 

Perhaps this might explain why Sisaket ran out of money half way through the season. 4 managers last season, I'm pretty sure Popov walked out due to not being paid. Same with Leroy Lita, mind you he hardly ever saw the ball on the matches I watched on TV. I think all of the foreign players had walked out before the end of the season. 

Its a shame Thai clubs can't spend more money attracting more fans. Crowds have been going down for some time and the latest changes for next season will not help. 

Archived