New passport arrived--needs new Ret Ext.

My old UK passport was 96% full, and I was getting funny looks at airports. I now have a new one.

My Ret Ext is due on July 30th. Presumably, I take both passprts to CW. Do I photocopy everything twice? Any other tips for changing to new passport at Imm?

There seem to be a lot of holidays and lieu-days around July 30th. Does anyone know the opening dates for CW? I believe 30 July is HM birthday. If I go on 31st July, is it a 1-day O/stay 500b? Maybe I should go on 27th?

Any tips welcomed with thanks.

Eddy 

Just did my new passport, I went into the visa office the next day and they changed the old visa over. Nothing needed. Three weeks later did my new 1 year visa. I did take my old passport is as well as the new one. They looked at both no problem and did my new visa.

Might be different in your visa office but that was what happened in mine.

Edited by fredob43

Getting the stamps transferred is a separate process from applying for the extension.

You will need this form completed. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Copies of you new and old passport photo pages and copies of your visa the entry stamp from it, most recent extension and entry stamps. After getting the stamps transfered you will need copies of the transferred stamps in your new passport to apply for the extension.

You can apply for the extension at any time now since you are well within the 45 days early allowance. You lose no days by doing it early since the extension will start from the end of your current extension.

Immigration will be closed from the 27th to the 30th of this month. Open on the 31st.

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Just did my new passport, I went into the visa office

There are no Thai visa offices here. I assume you mean your local immigration office.

Visas are not transferred. Immigration only transfers stamps they have done and do a annotation about the visa used for entry.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There are no Thai visa offices here. I assume you mean your local immigration office.

Visas are not transferred. Immigration only transfers stamps they have done and do a annotation about the visa used for entry.

Ok if you want to be pernickety it was the local Immigration office. Sorry I cant spell Immigration. But as said I didn't need anything paper wise they just took both passports and made a note on their comp: before putting a new stamp in new passport. I would have done my new 1 year visa at the same time but it was a few weeks to early.

Thanks. My visa is due to be replaced on 30 July (closed at Imm). If I go on 31, is it an O/Stay 1 day (1000b)?====looks like this has been answered!

I already have a letter from the Br Embassy which asks the kind Immigration folks to transfer any stamps. Do I also need the Thai one?

The new RExt is due on 30th and they will stamp the new PP I guess. What other stamps need to be transferred? All my entry stamps for 10 years?

Eddy

Edited by soleddy

15 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Ok if you want to be pernickety it was the local Immigration office. Sorry I cant spell Immigration. But as said I didn't need anything paper wise they just took both passports and made a note on their comp: before putting a new stamp in new passport. I would have done my new 1 year visa at the same time but it was a few weeks to early.

That is not normal - were you actually on an extension of stay?  If just a visa entry this can normally be done on departure.   If on an extension of stay you should have a paper from Embassy asking for transfer of stamps into new passport and fill-out/sign the un-numbered form from immigration for this service.  Also copies as mentioned by Ubonjoe will be required required.

Edited by lopburi3

16 minutes ago, soleddy said:

Thanks. My visa is due to be replaced on 30 July (closed at Imm). If I go on 31, is it an O/Stay 1 day (1000b)?

I already have a letter from the Br Embassy which asks the kind Immigration folks to transfer any stamps. Do I also need the Thai one?

The new RExt is due on 30th and they will stamp the new PP I guess. What other stamps need to be transferred? All my entry stamps for 10 years?

Eddy

Forgot to mention I did have the please transfer Visa letter but that was all. First time I had done the new passport thing so just went in to ask what they wanted. Seems nothing they just changed the stamp.

Edited by fredob43

15 minutes ago, soleddy said:

Thanks. My visa is due to be replaced on 30 July (closed at Imm). If I go on 31, is it an O/Stay 1 day (1000b)?====looks like this has been answered!

Eddy

You do not have to wait until the 30th to apply for your extension. You can do it up to 45 days early and lose no days as I wrote in my previous post.

The letter you have from the embassy is all that is needed.

They will do a stamp that has spaces for info about your the visa used to get the entry you have been extending and info about your old passport. They will only transfer your current extension stamp, the entry stamp that you have been extending and your most recent entry stamp.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

Just to prevent a wild goose chase, are you sure that I only need the blank Embassy letter which I fill in, asking to replace my old passport with new details? So I don't need the Transfer Stamps Thai Version?

Eddy

1 minute ago, soleddy said:

Just to prevent a wild goose chase, are you sure that I only need the blank Embassy letter which I fill in, asking to replace my old passport with new details?

That is all you need after filling in the blanks since it is in English. If it was in another language it would have to be translated to English or Thai.