Worker electrocuted while operating crane by power lines - friend in hospital

webfact

Worker electrocuted while operating crane by power lines - friend in hospital

6PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a 33 year old crane operator was electrocuted after his vehicle came into contact with power lines.

They said Nakorn Phalapree from Kalasin was "burnt to a cinder".

He was found by Phra Samut Chedi, Samut Prakarn cops lying by the front right wheel of his crane.

A member of the public had already taken his friend Jirasak Kesa, 58, to hospital. He had burns to his leg after trying to save his workmate.

Witness Chairat Chalongdaeng, 40, said the crane operator was dismantling metal pieces from a disused factory in Soi Highland.

Due to not taking care of the electrical wires his crane hit them and sent the current into the cab.

Police are investigating and talking to those in charge of the operation.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-17

Shocking. RIP

The same thing almost happened in front of my house while a work crew was changing lamps in a street light with a "cherry picker". They came so close to the power lines I started making a video. But they managed not to kill themselves.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

They came so close to the power lines I started making a video. But they managed not to kill themselves.

You could have also warned them about the danger, but then you wouldn't end up with a good video of course ?

15 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

You could have also warned them about the danger, but then you wouldn't end up with a good video of course ?

They were totally aware of what they were doing and saw the lift arm right next to the power lines. That is the scary part.

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

He could also have shown them how to get the top off a bottle of sauce if he had the time and patience 

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I've noticed a pretty disturbing trend here lately with various "incidents" -- major crashes, accidents, brawls, etc etc.

Instead of helping the victims, calling for help or trying to stop the dispute, I keep seeing crowds of Thais who respond to these kinds of things by all getting out their phones and start filming videos to share....

IMHO, there's something seriously wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've noticed a pretty disturbing trend here lately with various "incidents" -- major crashes, accidents, brawls, etc etc.

Instead of helping the victims, calling for help or trying to stop the dispute, I keep seeing crowds of Thais who respond to these kinds of things by all getting out their phones and start filming videos to share....

IMHO, there's something seriously wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with keeping the masses informed and entertained in some cases

They will do far less damage in most cases with just filming

You could have also warned them about the danger, but then you wouldn't end up with a good video of course [emoji6]
Yes indeed. Thai workers readily welcome being told how to do their jobs on the jobsite by passing by farangs. Quite sure they would immediately and happily heed a warning from an all-knowing farang. Get real.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

As you clearly find this man's nasty death very amusing do you think that's something that you should be shouting about?

No I don't really find anyone's death amusing but how they kill themselves can be.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

As you clearly find this man's nasty death very amusing do you think that's something that you should be shouting about?

Give it a rest

This pair were an  "accident" waiting to happen, they were operating an extending crane directly underneath live power cables without having the power turned off

I wont even mention a permit to work  5555555

Probably no licence to drive crane truck and no licence to operate a hiab crane otherwise he would know to stay 3 metres from overhead wires. As can be seen by events of the past few weeks Thailand has no safety plan in place for anything (except to make sure little Pinocchio and his loud mouth offsider get back into office)

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Give it a rest

This pair were an  "accident" waiting to happen, they were operating an extending crane directly underneath live power cables without having the power turned off

I wont even mention a permit to work  5555555

Give what a rest, having an opinion?  

So your opinion that they were an accident waiting to happen makes his death an amusing subject, does it, as you`re backing up happy chappie`s comment.  That was what my comment was referring to.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Give what a rest, having an opinion?  

So your opinion that they were an accident waiting to happen makes his death an amusing subject, does it, as you`re backing up happy chappie`s comment.  That was what my comment was referring to.

Yes, I do find some of the ways people find to kill themselves quite amusing

This one was not the first to use this manner of exit, Gordon and his kite which was wrapped around some power cables made me laugh

Whats called for in their situation is a little thought as to what exactly the consequences of what they are about to do might be

That fellow member is in their own hands  

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, pee paub said:

Booms like that are not operated from inside the cab.

It is probably a Hiab truck mounted crane, the boom length is quite long but the lifting capacity is somewhat limited when the boom is extended, particularly when the Hiab crane is lifting objects over the side of the truck. In fact the same can be said for any type of crane, always try and avoid lifting heavy objects when the boom is at 90 degrees to the chassis.

5 minutes ago, rossd said:

It is probably a Hiab truck mounted crane, the boom length is quite long but the lifting capacity is somewhat limited when the boom is extended, particularly when the Hiab crane is lifting objects over the side of the truck. In fact the same can be said for any type of crane, always try and avoid lifting heavy objects when the boom is at 90 degrees to the chassis.

The problem here was apparently some power cables

In most countries there are strict regulations as to the proximity a crane of similar can come to overhead lines. Obviously Thailand either doesn't know about these regulations or chooses to ignore them. The result an innocent man lost his life. RIP

4 minutes ago, rossd said:

I am well aware of that, my comments were in relation to post #24.

Your comments were in relation to POST 8 actually, POST 24 was your entry into the thread

You sound like you have made a lift or two so I will bow to your knowledge of crane operation

5 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Your comments were in relation to POST 8 actually, POST 24 was your entry into the thread

You sound like you have made a lift or two so I will bow to your knowledge of crane operation

Post 8 was included in my post 24. After more than 40 years in the construction industry yes, I have good experience in lifting methods, in fact for a period of time I operated mobile cranes.

Archived