Worker electrocuted while operating crane by power lines - friend in hospital

webfact

Just now, rossd said:

Post 8 was included in my post 24. After more than 40 years in the construction industry yes, I have good experience in lifting methods, in fact for a period of time I operated mobile cranes.

Yes you quoted POST 8, so thats the POST your comments were aimed at via your own contribution in POST 24 thats the normal reason for quoting somebody

I just knew you were a crane operator by the way you described some of the finer points of crane operation

No doubt CITB trained if you are a Brit hence you survived to tell the tale unlike the subject of this thread

7 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Yes, I do find some of the ways people find to kill themselves quite amusing

This one was not the first to use this manner of exit, Gordon and his kite which was wrapped around some power cables made me laugh

Whats called for in their situation is a little thought as to what exactly the consequences of what they are about to do might be

That fellow member is in their own hands  

Rock on brother,take it all with a pinch of salt.

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

The problem here was apparently some power cables

Yes and how does anyone know at 40-50ft away

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Your comments were in relation to POST 8 actually, POST 24 was your entry into the thread

You sound like you have made a lift or two so I will bow to your knowledge of crane operation

I also have made far more than 1 or 2 lifts and I have no idea how his post relates to mine.

7 hours ago, pee paub said:

I also have made far more than 1 or 2 lifts and I have no idea how his post relates to mine.

Neither do I

I just quoted parrot fashion what he claimed

My interest was in the POST number he mentioned I was at  loose end all day yesterday

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Rock on brother,take it all with a pinch of salt.

Yes and how does anyone know at 40-50ft away

Common sense would normally play a part my man

As I am right out of work permits at present I can not legally offer anymore help

As for the pinch of salt, well I am only here for the fun of it all

Electroshocking news, indeed. 

Police are investigating and talking to those in charge of the operation.

Will they arrest the power lines too and let them pay a fine of 500 baht? 

Why are so many professionals so unprofessional? RIP, poor guy. 

On 7/18/2018 at 4:26 PM, upu2 said:

In most countries there are strict regulations as to the proximity a crane of similar can come to overhead lines. Obviously Thailand either doesn't know about these regulations or chooses to ignore them. The result an innocent man lost his life. RIP

Either to stay 3 meters away, or let somebody switch the power off. It's that simple. But obviously not in Thailand. 

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"... I am well aware that you dont get much right".

That's just what you think. My man.

Wrong again fellow member thats what I know

I am indebted to you though for all the help you have given me in this matter

On 7/20/2018 at 1:47 AM, jenny2017 said:

Either to stay 3 meters away, or let somebody switch the power off. It's that simple. But obviously not in Thailand. 

Could be more than 3m it depends on the overhead voltage

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I dislike the endless checking and regulations and paperwork involved in this type of work in Australia, it is very rare that these things occur. 

The licensing of operators and the training necessary is another reason, operator error in this case but who is checking the background issues and the training? 

No insulators fitted to the wires prior to the crane arriving? 

We are seeing some attempts at workplace safety but a long way to go.  RIP the worker and I hope his family make the miserable payout last. 

57 minutes ago, rosst said:

As much as I dislike the endless checking and regulations and paperwork involved in this type of work in Australia, it is very rare that these things occur. 

The licensing of operators and the training necessary is another reason, operator error in this case but who is checking the background issues and the training? 

No insulators fitted to the wires prior to the crane arriving? 

We are seeing some attempts at workplace safety but a long way to go.  RIP the worker and I hope his family make the miserable payout last. 

Acting in a responsible way can be a real bind at times, and as for self preservation and simple common sense I wont go there on this one

Archived