Mukdahan airport study to cost Bt6 million

webfact

Mukdahan airport study to cost Bt6 million

By The Nation

1200px-Mukdahan_Haw_Kaew_SW_View.jpg

File photo//Wikipedia

The Airports Department will spend Bt6 million to conduct a feasibility study for building an international airport in the northeastern province of Mukdahan.

If built, the new Mukdahan airport would become Thailand’s 30th international airport, said Darun Saengchai, department director-general.

Planning for a feasibility study began after Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith recently visited the province and local people called for an airport, Darun said.

He said Mukdahan has the potential for an international airport, as the province could be developed into a border economic zone with a link to Laos’ Savannakhet city.

The study will be done by a consultant yet to be hired, and completed by March of next year, said Darun.

Two public hearings will be held in Mukdahan, with the first on July 23. The study would select a location for the airport and the length of the runway as well, he said.

If approved by the Cabinet, an environmental study will be carried out and a budget for the airport construction will be sought from the government, Darun said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350220

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-17

In my 12 years in Mukdahan I have seen a great deal of development.

It is no longer the sleepy little town that I first encountered.

As there is no rail link I am sure an airport would be the next big step in Muk's growth.

Bring it on, I say. Trips to Ubon for a flight get a bit monotonous.

Must have a rail link also.  Daylight hours commercial traffic on highway  212 consistent average  at 700 vehicles an hour     roads fast becoming fcuked

31 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

In my 12 years in Mukdahan I have seen a great deal of development.

It is no longer the sleepy little town that I first encountered.

As there is no rail link I am sure an airport would be the next big step in Muk's growth.

Bring it on, I say. Trips to Ubon for a flight get a bit monotonous.

There are 6 million at  stake and you give this valuable information for free? You must be the Mother Theresa of feasibility studies.

Much easier would be to turn Savannakhet airport into a multinational airport like Basel/Switzerland-Mulhouse/France. One airport and two countries but then no pockets could be lined anymore ? 
For those who dont know; Savannakhet is across the Mukdahan bridge and from that bridge to Savannakhet airport it is a mere 7.5kms away from the Thai-Lao 
border post on the Lao side; a ring road makes the trip even easier. Including sight seeing through town it would be a heftier 9.8kms ? 

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Much easier would be to turn Savannakhet airport into a multinational airport like Basel/Switzerland-Mulhouse/France. One airport and two countries but then no pockets could be lined anymore ? 
For those who dont know; Savannakhet is across the Mukdahan bridge and from that bridge to Savannakhet airport it is a mere 7.5kms away from the Thai-Lao 
border post on the Lao side; a ring road makes the trip even easier. Including sight seeing through town it would be a heftier 9.8kms ? 

A vise member has spoken, I agree.

Archived