French tourist says 350 euros stolen on Koh Pha Ngan-bound bus

webfact

French tourist says 350 euros stolen on Koh Pha Ngan-bound bus

By The Nation

french.jpg

Picture Manager online

A French woman on Tuesday filed a complaint with the Surat Thani police, claiming that 350 euros in cash were stolen from her bag aboard a bus from Bangkok to Koh Pha Ngan.

Nadia (no last name available), 23, filed the complaint at the Muang Surat Thani police station at 6am.

She told police that her money was stolen aboard the Tour 30 bus of Monthanathip And Travel Co Ltd, which left Khao San Road in Bangkok at 6.30pm on Monday.

The tourist said when she got off the bus to catch a ferry boat to Koh Pha Ngan on Tuesday morning, she found her cash had gone.

She said she saw a bus worker search passengers’ bags late at night when most were asleep, but could not remember which worker.

Police will summon the bus driver and his helpers for interrogation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350222

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-17

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This has been going on for over 30 years .

Never get a rogue bus from Ko San Road , thefts happen regularly .

Get a proper bus from the Bus station 

.....and keep your money in your pocket. Why would anyone keep money in a bag/backpack on a bus, train or airplane? Just stupid!  Insurance claim/scam?

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

.....and keep your money in your pocket. Why would anyone keep money in a bag/backpack on a bus, train or airplane? Just stupid!  Insurance claim/scam?

........and why would/should an insurance company pay out for cash left in an unattended bag?

......not that I'm a fan of insurance companies.

She said she saw a bus worker search passengers’ bags late at night when most were asleep, but could not remember which worker.

That doesn't make sense to me. If somebody would see a "bus worker" searching passenger's bags, wouldn't you take your cash out of your own bag?

28 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

They would have been long gone .

There get off at the service station before arrival and take the stolen stuff with them , if the Police get involved, then theres no stolen evidance

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

That doesn't make sense to me. If somebody would see a "bus worker" searching passenger's bags, wouldn't you take your cash out of your own bag?

Yes. not only that, I would raise the alarm as well by letting others on the bus see what was happening. 

But she didn't... I wonder why?

Where was the bag ? If it was left in the luggage bay under the bus that is inviting trouble because the bus assistant or relief driver  sleeps under there as the bus is travelling and nobody can see him This sort of thing happens all the time  

This pilfering is usually done in the luggage hold, not in the passenger compartment; I cannot see a worker taking the risk of being caught doing this in the view of the passengers.... smells of an insurance scam.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, Bundooman said:

Yes. not only that, I would raise the alarm as well by letting others on the bus see what was happening. 

But she didn't... I wonder why?

No need for her to let others know as no one else seemed to have lost anything.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:02 PM, lemonjelly said:

This pilfering is usually done in the luggage hold, not in the passenger compartment; I cannot see a worker taking the risk of being caught doing this in the view of the passengers.... smells of an insurance scam.

The poor girl should create a GFM page. 

I find her story a bit suss.  The worker was rumaging through luggage in full view of passengers many of whom would be awake regardless of the hour???

The oldest scam is the boy in the luggage hold who rifles through the bags and the driver pulls over at a designated spot and the boy gets out to a waiting vehicle . Everyones in on it. Some buses even have a light in the luggage hold.  Ive seen it.

You never let staff tell you to quickly board the bus. I always wait outside till the luggage doors have been shut AFTER the bus boy has got out.

Archived