Tesla shares fall after CEO Musk abuses British caver

webfact

1 hour ago, eldragon said:

Hate to admit it, but his comments are a reflection of what many people think about expats in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

so by your reasoning i guess then,

its fair to say..catholic paedofile priests are sent to places like Australia because they had protection for so long??????

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eldragon said:

Hate to admit it, but his comments are a reflection of what many people think about expats in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

its fair to say..catholic paedofile priests are sent to places like Australia because they had protection for so long??????

Diver abused Musk first, he asked for it...And appears wanted all the glory for himself, Furthermore  not about if work or not, about wanting to help..And he was asked for that help by Thai government...Bitter diver for what...Hurt his own image.

42 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Your arguments is like many others on here that presuming he has some guilt or something to hide.

Let me tell you something please, you cannot be mistaken if u acccuse another of being a pedo, and you better have your facts right.

Its like saying a woman is "a little bit pregnant" either they are or are not.

Agreed and when I saw he called the person a “Pedo” I thought maybe its something to do with submarines didn’t think anymore about it. Once. It was clearly stated what it meant....... that is way out of line.

Why ? It’s about the product for a rescue not a person. I’m Musk wants

to attack a person then do it aside from conflicts with the rescue. 

Really a stupid thing he did saying such 

Im not sure what that means. Im just saying when people think about expats in Thailand, they tend to think about pedos, sexpats, and general debauchery. Like it or not, thats the perception many people back home have about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Doesn't take long for most billionaires to become total egotistical ass holes. Thought for a while this guy might be different due to his common middle class upbringing. Guess not. Just another pathetic filthy rich ass who thinks he's got the world by the balls.

In some parts of the world, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. In others, one is guilty until proven innocent. Either way, it is almost impossible to prove one did not do something. Many careers, particularly teachers, have foundered as a result of mere hints of paedophilia, unsubstantiated accusations, irrespective of the truth or falsity of the matter. It is the one crime of which all accused are automatically presumed guilty until proven innocent, and even then the mud sticks forever. 

Vernon Unsworth is completely justified in suing in these circumstances, his reputation has been very publicly trashed and some mud will stick no matter what. That fact has nothing to do with the presence or absence of justification for the imputation, a matter on which I, and so far as I can tell no other person on this forum, have no right or reason to speculate.

5 minutes ago, Grusa said:

In some parts of the world, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. In others, one is guilty until proven innocent. Either way, it is almost impossible to prove one did not do something. Many careers, particularly teachers, have foundered as a result of mere hints of paedophilia, unsubstantiated accusations, irrespective of the truth or falsity of the matter. It is the one crime of which all accused are automatically presumed guilty until proven innocent, and even then the mud sticks forever. 

Vernon Unsworth is completely justified in suing in these circumstances, his reputation has been very publicly trashed and some mud will stick no matter what. That fact has nothing to do with the presence or absence of justification for the imputation, a matter on which I, and so far as I can tell no other person on this forum, have no right or reason to speculate.

How does this (litigation) work then? Unsworth lives in Thailand and is a UK citizen. Musk is in the US. Unsworth said he's going to seek legal advice when he gets to the UK. I doubt much will come of it. Even if he can sue, he'll be facing the best lawyers money can buy... and then there's timing - the comment was made in retaliation to the "sticking the sub where it will hurt" remark.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

How does this (litigation) work then? Unsworth lives in Thailand and is a UK citizen. Musk is in the US. Unsworth said he's going to seek legal advice when he gets to the UK. I doubt much will come of it. Even if he can sue, he'll be facing the best lawyers money can buy... 

As I am not a lawyer, I can't answer you. He could possibly find a high powered US attorney to take on the case on contingency, i.e. a percentage of the damages no win no fee. Whether he can win against the department of dirty tricks, I am not so sure.

6 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

It's true, a local priest from where I come from escaped to Australia after many legal settlements and was never heard of again.

He died in the end, or so they said.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Shares of Tesla Inc fell over 3.5 percent on Monday after Chief Executive Elon Musk directed abuse on Twitter at one of the British cavers

That was yesterday. Today:

Shares of Tesla Inc rose over 4 percent on Tuesday after British caver says he was approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments. The stock buy up added over $2 billion to the company’s market value.

I guess I am as close minded as Musk. I did not have plans to buy his products, and

after today, Tesla will be the last choice for me. I will buy every product from other

companies. Oh well he can get advice from Trump on how to tweet or how not to

tweet.

20 hours ago, smutcakes said:

It was not a solution and anyone with half a brain could see it would never work in the cave, even before taking into account it had barely been tested. His solution was about as useful as me turning up with a raincoat and a pair of wellies with camera crew in tow. Would people of taken me seriously if i proclaimed i was trying to help?

TSLA   (Tesla) stock up $12.69 yesterday on the Nasdaq Exchange.

No worries.

26 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I guess I am as close minded as Musk. I did not have plans to buy his products, and

after today, Tesla will be the last choice for me.

Good point. And how many people are going to invite Vern to future rescues after what he said? Up to then he was a hero, but stepping up to the mic for no apparent reason and uttering such slander is not likely to win him a lot of friends in search and rescue. I am afraid he may be the last choice for rescue bids in the future. And that's a shame because I believe he has a lot of good heroism and experience.

15 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Musk never showed up with his sub until the end,

Of course this is true, but why phrase it like that? Where is the hatred coming from? Musk showed up with what he could, when he could and offered everything he had to throw at the mission including having the care for the kids to show up personally. It's uncalled for to ridicule him for trying his very best after all what he achieved in such a short time. Vern is a hero and proved to be one of the crucial people in pulling off a successful mission. I am proud of both of their contributions and they both make me think better of humanity. I just don't get it why some people, including vern himself oddly, feel the need to go out of their way to spout insults at elon. I mean there were people feverishly drilling holes into the mountain to find an alternate way to get to the kids out and just because that method didn't work out didn't cause everyone to slam the drillers for thinking of this idea and trying their best did it?

13 minutes ago, canopy said:

I just don't get it why some people, including vern himself oddly, feel the need to go out of their way to spout insults at elon.

There is a line of thought that whilst all the divers were in the cave , working strenuously and risking their lives to save the kids without any publicity , , Musk was on Television , doing interviews and showing off his toys and drilling machines and taking all the credit

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There is a line of thought that whilst all the divers were in the cave , working strenuously and risking their lives to save the kids without any publicity , , Musk was on Television , doing interviews and showing off his toys and drilling machines and taking all the credit

Ok fair point. So when offering one's support, make sure to keep absolute secrecy. I can see this as a good lesson learned.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Ok fair point. So when offering one's support, make sure to keep absolute secrecy. I can see this as a good lesson learned.

Not absolute secrecy , just be careful when showing the media your drills and the holes that they can dig and to keep mentioning your companies name in relation to the cave situation , not to come across as using the situation to publicise your company  otherwise you may get mistaken for trying to get free advertising

The falling of shares of Tesla and comments regarding the diver are sheer coincidence.

Tesla has a number of problems not because of a comment made.

Their car Li-Ion batteries are weak. Frequent burn outs happened.

Now Elon realizes that his type of battery isn't the most suitable after all.

Car sales will drop after people see the increasing numbers of Teslas in flames.

Ridiculous to pay such amount for a car with such flaws.

Thailand with open arms

Thailand welcomes people of this kind H.N.W.I. in short. Bucks relate to smiles and hugs.

All new investment new jobs new everything. Win win for both parties.

Archived