Expats who want to leave, if they could

Pilotman

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Love Thailand. Dirt cheap here. Never going back to USA.  And I had everything you could ask for there. Sold it all.

I live 100 meters from the beach in a rented three bedroom compound in a Thai neighborhood.

I don't live around Farangs. that makes me happy.

Maybe the op should visit Hua Hin. Not so many sexpats here. Sort of boring in a good way.

Many married Farang/Thai couples here to socialize with. And many positive activities.

Don't forget to exercise so you don't get too depressed. and don't get played by you know who.

you are the boss of you.

And may I add, the only person who can make you feel bad about yourself, is you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, upu2 said:

Totally agree with you. I have traveled and lived in many countries around the world as a result of my work. For those who feel that Thailand is really bad I can give them a list of a lot worse countries

The UK for starters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Apart from Pattaya mainly because of the easy available sex, where in Thailand are you surrounded by people from a western country?

Choose most big cities here,   Udon, Korat, K Khen, Chiang Mai

5 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Choose most big cities here,   Udon, Korat, K Khen, Chiang Mai

Well you would be surrrounded by westerners in these cities if you frequent the bars, but in the average street??

Edited by possum1931

Just now, altcarrbob said:

Good one,Where exactly does it actually say that?

If there is not an agreement with the said country you reside in, the law is that,  ask  pensions, ask any authority, no NHS when returning until a year is past---no driving licence unless you are residing-----You are scanned when entering and leaving the UK airport.

20 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

I have always believed that all of us given the choice would rather have a great life back in one's own land, if money was no object and had family etc.

What person in their own country who had everything a man needed and was happy with his lot woke up one morning and thought 'I think I'll move to Thailand'?

Me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ginjag said:

If there is not an agreement with the said country you reside in, the law is that,  ask  pensions, ask any authority, no NHS when returning until a year is past---no driving licence unless you are residing-----You are scanned when entering and leaving the UK airport.

Look you do not know a lot,no insult intended. you go by your beliefs, Ill go by mine..yes DL renew OK, yes NHS use, Yes upgrade.  Not dragging this out,scanning means nothing,and where from Spain?

• Haha 1

I live here because my wife prefers it and we own our condo here. But I spend plenty of time O/S on projects, some times with my wife and sometimes not.

I would dread to feel I dont have an alternate choice if Thailand peeves me too much. I am at best 50:50 about the place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, altcarrbob said:

Look you do not know a lot,no insult intended. you go by your beliefs, Ill go by mine..yes DL renew OK, yes NHS use, Yes upgrade.  Not dragging this out,scanning means nothing,and where from Spain?

UK.....asked for new licence,    sorry you not normally reside,     NHS,  no unless you have re-lived back here 1 year, Leaving and entering records are there computrised.  do you think at my age 76, I have not done my homework.

5 minutes ago, ginjag said:

OK you come to my nice home, take care of my animals 100% here in Thailand , I sell all --return to the UK

I have my own nice home here in Thailand. I live my life; sorry your so unhappy here.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Full of Immigrants is a funny one. Aren't we all Immigrants in Thailand? One Immigrant says to the other Immigrant hey Immigrant, what are you doing here? ?

I was referring to all the immigrants in the UK, mainly Eastern Europeans and Muslims. We are not immigrants in Thailand, most of us are only here for a year at a time.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffkp said:

I have my own nice home here in Thailand. I live my life; sorry your so unhappy here.

Happy with my animals, BUT would return now ( had I not had my animals-pets)after all these years for my remaining years on this planet

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I do not visit bars drinking,    in Udon visit anywhere you have ex pats here

Yes, in moderation, nothing like the Muslims and Eastern Europeans  in London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I was referring to all the immigrants in the UK, mainly Eastern Europeans and Muslims. We are not immigrants in Thailand, most of us are only here for a year at a time.

to a thai , youre no different from an immigrant! insisting on your own food, drink, whinin g about locals, refusing to intergratew etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AYJAYDEE said:

to a thai , youre no different from an immigrant! insisting on your own food, drink, whinin g about locals, refusing to intergratew etc etc

Not all westerners are like that, neither do all the ordinary Thai people think like that.

We are not all members of the barstool brigade.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, in moderation, nothing like the Muslims and Eastern Europeans  in London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc.

Let's be honest. Germany is in the worst situation since the birth of Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1