Chinese man refuses S$20,000 reward for saving 4 Phuket boat accident passengers

webfact

Chinese man refuses $20,000 reward for saving 4 Phuket boat accident passengers

CHINA DAILY/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

pkt.jpg

PHOTO: Weibo

A man from Xinyang city of Henan province refused a 100,000 yuan (S$20,400) reward for saving four lives after the Phuket boat accident, dahe.cn reported on Monday.

Zhang Haofeng rescued his fiancee and three other people and drifted on sea for 12 hours when two tour boats capsized off Phuket in southern Thailand on July 5, 2018.

Zhang was offered a 100,000 yuan reward by his company for his bravery, but refused to take it saying "I don't think I'm that great. Anyone will do the same in that kind of situation."

Full story: http://www.asiaone.com/china/chinese-man-refuses-20000-reward-saving-4-phuket-boat-accident-passengers

-- AsiaOne 2018-2018-07-17

many bash chinese torists but the other day waiting at a thai bus station i was fumbling to put a bandaid on my right hand using just my left hand and a chinese tourist left his group and helped me pull the plastic off the adhesive and place it.

18 hours ago, atyclb said:

many bash chinese torists but the other day waiting at a thai bus station i was fumbling to put a bandaid on my right hand using just my left hand and a chinese tourist left his group and helped me pull the plastic off the adhesive and place it.

It's unfortunate but we are all guilty at times of generalizing and of course the truth is there are good and bad in every country. I used to work for a Chinese owned company and found a huge variation between the  Chinese I worked with. The younger university educated ones were mostly very open to new ideas, and were very good to work with. The older ones could be very difficult at times and even our young Chinese  staff found it difficult to work with them. In fact several ended up resigning telling me 'I can't work with these people'!!

Archived