Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 April 2019 07:39
snoop1130

Phuket search launched for jet-ski rider missing in storm

Recommended Posts

Phuket search launched for jet-ski rider missing in storm

 

image.jpg

Pa Khlok Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) emergency service staff and vehicles stand at the ready at Ao Por Pier, Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

 

PHUKET:-- A search has been launched for man last seen riding a jet-ski off Phuket’s east coast today (July 17) and now feared overpowered by the storm conditions that struck the island this afternoon.

 

Thalang Police Chief Lt Col Theerawat Liamsuwan today confirmed to The Phuket News that the missing man is 25-year-old Koset ‘Oat’ Deebukdam.

 

He is reportedly a staffer at the local company Kai Jet Ski.

 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-search-launched-for-jet-ski-rider-missing-in-storm-67918.php#zMRlmLUcysvsYwTp.97

 
tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-7-17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And again the owner of the operation has no regard for human life and not enough common sense to say 'NO don't go, right now it's too dangerous'.

 

And if there any monitoring of this industry by the relevant authorities?

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Search resumes for Phuket jet-ski rider missing in storm

By The Phuket News

 

1531882686_1-org.jpg

The search for missing Phuket jet-ski rider 25-year-old Koset ‘Oat’ Deebukdam was suspended at 7:30pm last night (July 17) as conditions were too dangerous. Photo: PR Dept

 

PHUKET: Rescue teams this morning (July 18) resumed their search for 25-year-old Koset ‘Oat’ Deebukdam, who disappeared while riding a jet-ski off Naka Yai Island, off Phuket’s east coast, after he was caught in the storm that hit Phuket late yesterday afternoon.

 

Rescue workers from Pa Khlok and members from Volunteer Defense Corps launched a search yesterday and continued until 7:30pm before the search was suspended due to the conditions being deemed too dangerous.

 

The search resumed this morning at 7am.


Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/search-resumes-for-phuket-jet-ski-rider-missing-in-storm-67924.php#HMoyb6rLH6phQxLx.99 

 
tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-07-18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like they started this search yesterday, stopped for the night and started searching again today !!!

I guess the lessons from the Pheonix weren't learnt after all.... 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Sounds like they started this search yesterday, stopped for the night and started searching again today !!!

I guess the lessons from the Pheonix weren't learnt after all.... 

 

Yep youre exactly right. Those big navy ships at port chalong must be tied up to the wharf cause the crew have all gone home for the night.

bottom line. Not only in asia but most the 3rd world you go to sea prepared for youre life.

Especially on a jet ski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Yep youre exactly right. Those big navy ships at port chalong must be tied up to the wharf cause the crew have all gone home for the night.

bottom line. Not only in asia but most the 3rd world you go to sea prepared for youre life.

Especially on a jet ski.

I would think the Naval vessels would be at the 3rd Command Naval base at Panwa, not tied up to the tourist pier in Chalong Bay. (They did unload bodies recovered from the sea at Chalong)  I'm not an expert on Naval bases but I wouldn't think the place would empty out at night. 

Either way the suicidal, non-swimming idiot decided to go out in a storm near the North of Phuket, many miles from the base, or Chalong, and any possibility of rescue before nightfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, scorecard said:

And again the owner of the operation has no regard for human life and not enough common sense to say 'NO don't go, right now it's too dangerous'.

 

And if there any monitoring of this industry by the relevant authorities?

You bet there is intensive monitoring of this industry, just maybe not the way that improves safety.  $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I would think the Naval vessels would be at the 3rd Command Naval base at Panwa, not tied up to the tourist pier in Chalong Bay. (They did unload bodies recovered from the sea at Chalong)  I'm not an expert on Naval bases but I wouldn't think the place would empty out at night. 

Either way the suicidal, non-swimming idiot decided to go out in a storm near the North of Phuket, many miles from the base, or Chalong, and any possibility of rescue before nightfall.

Assuming that the missing person did not own the jet-ski, don't you think that the guy who hired it out to him has some responsibility for doing so, knowing that the customer had no life-jacket and presumably also was aware of the bad weather?  No, it was the customer's fault entirely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll post reported and removed.  

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I would think the Naval vessels would be at the 3rd Command Naval base at Panwa, not tied up to the tourist pier in Chalong Bay. (They did unload bodies recovered from the sea at Chalong)  I'm not an expert on Naval bases but I wouldn't think the place would empty out at night. 

Either way the suicidal, non-swimming idiot decided to go out in a storm near the North of Phuket, many miles from the base, or Chalong, and any possibility of rescue before nightfall.

Yes panwa the gate way to chalong. My point was why call off a search at night. Navy ships can  handle 3 meter wind swell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

Yes panwa the gate way to chalong. My point was why call off a search at night. Navy ships can  handle 3 meter wind swell. 

This is not related to the swell, but to the fact that there is no chance of finding a single person at night in the sea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Assuming that the missing person did not own the jet-ski, don't you think that the guy who hired it out to him has some responsibility for doing so, knowing that the customer had no life-jacket and presumably also was aware of the bad weather?  No, it was the customer's fault entirely? 

One of the first things I noted when I read the OP was that the guy was staff of the jet ski company.

I never cease to be surprised at the lack of comprehension skills of many on this forum.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...