British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

webfact

It would seem that Elon Musk determined that Vern Unsworth is a "pedo" because he lives in Thailand.   That infers that Musk accuses all farangs living in Thailand as "pedos".

That being the case perhaps all of us living here who do not qualify to be "pedos" should join in a class action suit against Mr Musk for defamation.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both on news video and to the Guardian, Mr. Unsworth has threatened Mr. Musk with legal action saying "This isn't over". And this topic title suggests that he is at least in discussions with plaintiff attorneys. So until Mr. Unsworth lets on as to his next move, I would not expect to hear anything from Musk beyond the apology he has offered.

14 minutes ago, MrMo said:

<snikp>

That being the case perhaps all of us living here who do not qualify to be "pedos" should join in a class action suit against Mr Musk for defamation.

And just how would you determine the class of those who do not qualify to be "pedos"? It's the old legal saw: It is very difficult to prove something DIDN'T happen.

3 minutes ago, swanny321 said:

Let's hope he's awarded a little more than chump change by the judge then.

At least in the US, and California in particular, a judge or jury might also say the plaintiff Unsworth, under the entire circumstances of the case, has not proved libel as required under the law.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:08 AM, todlad said:

Oh dear!

Please quote where I said Tesla is in melt down.

I see, you want to play the game of my share dropped further than your share? Take a look at the history of Ryanair then for a stunning collapse ... a few years ago.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:08 AM, todlad said:

Oh dear!

Please quote where I said Tesla is in melt down.

I see, you want to play the game of my share dropped further than your share? Take a look at the history of Ryanair then for a stunning collapse ... a few years ago.

You have been very active in this this thread Rufus but you have failed to expand on your comment in which you accused me of saying that Tesla was in melt down. Normally, Tufus, I would let such matters slip, but you were rather rude vis a vis the matter.

Let me give you a further chance to clear your name before we all conclude what a silly and cowardly little Fluflu you are.

10 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

You have reiterated my diatribe very succinctly sir thanks.  Lots of folks here think this guy was a hero. He wasn't.  Problem on this site seems to be facts don't matter here.  Unsworth brought all this on himself and then Musk went over the top with his stupid remark.  Yet 80% of the posters here (must be misinformed Brits) seem to think this guy was one of the divers who went in the cave.  He's a hero for doing what any person would do and make a phone call? wow Doesn't take much to be a hero.

And the request from the main British diver to keep working on it completely exonerates Musk.  PR stunt? BS.  I think he kept it in the news to simply give people hope someone else was on it.  Keep the faith. I'm coming. Something like that.  The losers here think it was for PR without giving a second thought what was in Musk's mind.  Pathetic.

So, after reading all your posts, attacking Vern Unsworth and supporting Elon Musk I have a question for you.

If someone wealthy and famous suggested that you, by living in Thailand, are of a suspect character by virtue of living there and that you are a paedophile, reiterating it in posts to millions via social media and the press, how would you feel about that?

4 minutes ago, grollies said:

So, after reading all your posts, attacking Vern Unsworth and supporting Elon Musk I have a question for you.

If someone wealthy and famous suggested that you, by living in Thailand, are of a suspect character by virtue of living there and that you are a paedophile, reiterating it in posts to millions via social media and the press, how would you feel about that?

4 minutes ago, grollies said:

I've already answered that several times.  You might want to go to: 

and read the last two or so posts. Kinda curious why all the bashers have disappeared. 

11 minutes ago, grollies said:

I'd reply to the social media and the press:

No I'm not. All the girls have been at least 18 years old.

6 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

I've already answered that several times.  You might want to go to: 

and read the last two or so posts. Kinda curious why all the bashers have disappeared. 

I checked out those threads and none of your replies answers my question.

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I'd reply to the social media and the press:

No I'm not. All the girls have been at least 18 years old.

Oh, well that's ok then. You think it's ok to publically call someone a paedophile and, then when it all kicks-off, offer an 'apology' and say, hey, let's leave it there.

To call someone a paedophile on twitter, and reiterate it is to label then with one of the worst accusations you can make.

If I were Unsworth I'd seek redress through the courts.

7 minutes ago, grollies said:

I checked out those threads and none of your replies answers my question.

I could care less. You are welcome to call me a Pedo. Why would I care? Those that know me know I am not and why do I give a rat's ass about those who don't know me?  How am I hurt? What have I lost?  

Musk on the other hand was slandered by Unsworth and while Unsworth is almost a total unknown who would suffer no financial loss whatsoever, Musk would and does stand to lose billions if fools believe what Unsworth said.

Seems to me what Musk said was a knee jerk reaction. Seems to me what Unsworth said was a cold calculated attack on his integrity and reputation and technical skill.  He said three not one but three slanderous things about Musk and he can't back any of them up.

If you read the link I sent you it has completely shut up the bashers on the other link.  Musk did what he was asked to do. He even offered to back off if they felt it wouldn't work. Yeah that sounds like a guy just looking for PR.  Yet not one apology.  Bunch of know nothings here. lol

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

Its called ducking and diving

Needs to be done on occasion when you are backed into a corner

This guy is full of excrement, something I can legitimately say as we all have to defecate (albeit, not usually verbally).

12 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

I could care less. You are welcome to call me a Pedo. Why would I care? Those that know me know I am not and why do I give a rat's ass about those who don't know me?  How am I hurt? What have I lost?  

Musk on the other hand was slandered by Unsworth and while Unsworth is almost a total unknown who would suffer no financial loss whatsoever, Musk would and does stand to lose billions if fools believe what Unsworth said.

I rather think you would care. Maybe those immediate friends and family would support you but others in your community would start to view you with suspicion.

You won't know the case in the UK where a pediatrician was half beaten to death because the uninitiated thought he was accused of being a paedophile.

There's no accounting for people and if that accusation was made against you I don't fancy your chances of continuing to live a normal existence.

Your reasoning that Musk was slandered and Unsworth wasn't is so idiotic as to not need further reply.

10 minutes ago, grollies said:

Oh, well that's ok then. You think it's ok to publically call someone a paedophile and, then when it all kicks-off, offer an 'apology' and say, hey, let's leave it there.

To call someone a paedophile on twitter, and reiterate it is to label then with one of the worst accusations you can make.

If I were Unsworth I'd seek redress through the courts.

Well what Mr. Musk wrote is Act 2 and you have left out the entire first act. A to whether Mr. Unsworth will seek redress through the courts, I presume that is what he is heading back to UK to determine right now. 

9 minutes ago, grollies said:

I rather think you would care. Maybe those immediate friends and family would support you but others in your community would start to view you with suspicion.

You won't know the case in the UK where a pediatrician was half beaten to death because the uninitiated thought he was accused of being a paedophile.

There's no accounting for people and if that accusation was made against you I don't fancy your chances of continuing to live a normal existence.

9 minutes ago, grollies said:

I thought the UK was a civilized country filled with intelligent people who make their assessments based on facts. Guess I was wrong.  I would think the ex pats here use common sense and fact based comments. Not really.  Clearly they don't.  

The overwhelming "facts" are that two of the  three things Unsworth attacked  Musk with are false.  1) It was not a PR stunt (He was asked to work on it and to continue to work on it by the lead Brit diver) 2)The sub does in fact work although no one knows if it would work in the cave and 3)  he used a sexual homophobic slur to attack him.  And he knew he was doing it-intentionally.

Btw, I wish that worked in the US. All you have to do in UK to get someone beaten to death is to accuse them of being  a pedo?

13 minutes ago, grollies said:

Your reasoning that Musk was slandered and Unsworth wasn't is so idiotic as to not need further reply.

I remember that it was the local plods who saved him, mind you the mob read it in that filth The Sun  "newspaper" if memory serves

14 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

I thought the UK was a civilized country filled with intelligent people who make their assessments based on facts. Guess I was wrong.  I would think the ex pats here use common sense and fact based comments. Not really.  Clearly they don't.  

The overwhelming "facts" are that two of the  three things Unsworth attacked  Musk with are false.  1) It was not a PR stunt (He was asked to work on it and to continue to work on it by the lead Brit diver) 2)The sub does in fact work although no one knows if it would work in the cave and 3)  he used a sexual homophobic slur to attack him.  And he knew he was doing it-intentionally.

Btw, I wish that worked in the US. All you have to do in UK to get someone beaten to death is to accuse them of being  a pedo?

Oh dear, the chap was a pediatrician thats a baby / younger childs doctor

A bunch of numb nuts did not know the difference between the doctor and a paedophile

On 7/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, Confuscious said:

I saw this morning on the news a list with 7 (not sure about the number) of points to follow by REAL divers presented by the Navy Seal.

One point was (don't recall the exact words):

- In a rescue missions every input is as good as yours.

There is no bad idea.
  The only bad idea is no idea.

Shows the Mister Vermin Unworthy is not backed up be the Navy Seals with is attacks in Elon Musk.

I would be very careful if I was in his shoes.
(Defamatory remark removed by Moderator)

The EXACT text as was written on the Navy SEALS page:

Small square board, but the text is at the heart of the operation. Stick with the tree that is the seat of the seals. - Seal young.

"We are here 4 (for) the same Purpose 
: Joined task force Operation ETHIC S

...New See Room type
Small Square Board the A, But That Is The Key To Write A messagePermalinkTrackbacks The Operation Of The World's Tremble. This Time Is Stuck With A Tree At The Sitting has point the .old Of The Seal., Old-Seal to 

"the We Are Here 4 (For. The same Purpose 
: Join task force Operation 

ETHIC S 1. RESPECT !!! 
2. Speak human language 
3. Communicate: clear, concise and direct 
4. Respect Diversity 
5. No discrimination 
Is A Stupid idea competition idea competition Available No 6. 
: TEAM is the We're Only One " 
*** News Written By # teachers cleat Discretion Staying Alive.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThaiSEAL/posts/?ref=page_internal

37161395_1656189754504417_781203148973801472_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

The EXACT text as was written on the Navy SEALS page:

Small square board, but the text is at the heart of the operation. Stick with the tree that is the seat of the seals. - Seal young.

"We are here 4 (for) the same Purpose 
: Joined task force Operation ETHIC S

...New See Room type
Small Square Board the A, But That Is The Key To Write A messagePermalinkTrackbacks The Operation Of The World's Tremble. This Time Is Stuck With A Tree At The Sitting has point the .old Of The Seal., Old-Seal to 

"the We Are Here 4 (For. The same Purpose 
: Join task force Operation 

ETHIC S 1. RESPECT !!! 
2. Speak human language 
3. Communicate: clear, concise and direct 
4. Respect Diversity 
5. No discrimination 
Is A Stupid idea competition idea competition Available No 6. 
: TEAM is the We're Only One " 
*** News Written By # teachers cleat Discretion Staying Alive.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThaiSEAL/posts/?ref=page_internal

37161395_1656189754504417_781203148973801472_n.jpg

Interesting not one Thai official or Thai diver or any diver for that  matter or any engineer or anyone associated with the rescue op other than Mr Unsworth has attacked Musk.  This guy had an agenda. Pretty clear to anyone using his brain cells. My guess is Unsworth maybe had an idea that got axed and is jealous of Musk.  Why else the ad hominem attack? No reason at all for it. 

Not one apology on the other link yet. Guess all the experts are digging holes in their backyards to crawl in to.

10 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

Interesting not one Thai official or Thai diver or any diver for that  matter or any engineer or anyone associated with the rescue op other than Mr Unsworth has attacked Musk.  This guy had an agenda. Pretty clear to anyone using his brain cells. My guess is Unsworth maybe had an idea that got axed and is jealous of Musk.  Why else the ad hominem attack? No reason at all for it. 

Not one apology on the other link yet. Guess all the experts are digging holes in their backyards to crawl in to.

If you read the Facebook site of the Navy Seals, you will read that everybody is annoyed by the attack on Elon Musk and now the (possible) lawsuits by Mr, Unsworth.

A successful rescue mission, by everybody involved has been turned into a fight and a disgrace for the country (as quoted by a Thai poster).

On 7/17/2018 at 10:09 PM, rwdrwdrwd said:

Go with the US ones, they will sting him a lot harder, half a million US is the going rate for libel, and that's without a gobby unlikeable billionaire being involved.

There is little mention of an earlier comment from Musk living in Thailand is (sus) here it is - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thai-cave-rescue-elon-musk-british-diver-vern-unsworth-twitter-pedo-a8448366.html    what does it mean?

1 minute ago, Confuscious said:

If you read the Facebook site of the Navy Seals, you will read that everybody is annoyed by the attack on Elon Musk and now the (possible) lawsuits by Mr, Unsworth.

A successful rescue mission, by everybody involved has been turned into a fight and a disgrace for the country (as quoted by a Thai poster).

There ya go. Where is that genius with the 136 IQ? How's the crow taste.  Just cause some idiot says something on TV doesn't make it true. Still waiting to hear from anyone with their better idea than Musk's or for proof he did all that work as a PR stunt unlike Unsworth who clearly did the shoe tape staged photo as a PR stunt. That photo was a setup with a wide angle lens and he knew it was being taken probably from less than 10 feet away.  

2 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

There ya go. Where is that genius with the 136 IQ? How's the crow taste.  Just cause some idiot says something on TV doesn't make it true. Still waiting to hear from anyone with their better idea than Musk's or for proof he did all that work as a PR stunt unlike Unsworth who clearly did the shoe tape staged photo as a PR stunt. That photo was a setup with a wide angle lens and he knew it was being taken probably from less than 10 feet away.  

I on behalf of all TV posters state that the Elon Musk submarine wasnt a publicity stunt and it was a genuine attempt to get the boys out from the cave .

Now please stop going on about it , three days non stop you have been going on about that subject

7 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

There is little mention of an earlier comment from Musk living in Thailand is (sus) here it is - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thai-cave-rescue-elon-musk-british-diver-vern-unsworth-twitter-pedo-a8448366.html    what does it mean?

It means the writer of the story didn't do their homework for one. Unsworth was not "instrumental" in the rescue. He played no part in it. Other than apparently making a phone call and doing a photo op.

Just now, sanemax said:

I on behalf of all TV posters state that the Elon Musk submarine wasnt a publicity stunt and it was a genuine attempt to get the boys out from the cave .

Now please stop going on about it , three days non stop you have been going on about that subject

Well, well. Yeah for three days I have been defending Musk against all you lying, uninformed biased bashers. And you don't represent all the other bashers but good on you for making a feeble attempt at an apology if that is what it was.

Archived