BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Stop, you've been posting nonsense all morning , give it a rest

I think he might refute that, which will give you the opportunity to withdraw it

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Has he ?

When did Musk do that ?

Simply deleted something isnt refuting it , he needs to publicly retract the allegation and to state that the allegations are untrue and unfounded 

But instead Musk tweeted, " I bet ya a signed dollar that the story is true"

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/15/elon-musk-tweets-hell-bet-ya-a-signed-dollar-that-thai-cave-rescuer-is-a-pedo/

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

When somebody makes an allegation against you, YOU refute it

The person who makes the allegation withdraws it they do not refute it

Thats neither here nor there, the point is you totally misunderstood what was being sad in POST 51 and its there for all to see 

Have a nice day

OK , I may have misunderstood a post , can you accept that I may have misunderstood what he meant and forgive me ?

There may have been a misunderstanding and I accept that .

I accept that you are superior to me and that you never misunderstand anything .

You have success and achievement , well done , you champ 

1 minute ago, dufusdonald said:

So you can get sued in Thailand for slandering a user name?  

And worse.

That's what the 'computer crimes act' bit is all about... forensics. Social media rolls over in LOS when someone with a warrant comes calling for IP addresses, account details, etc.. Why do you think some of the most ardent anti-establishment Thais pitch their tents in England? Not for the fine weather and cuisine, that's for sure.

Here's my obvious takeaway for what its worth.

If he gets one million, good for Unsworth and only chump change for Musk.

I have been a fan of Elon Musk for a long time but he must engage brain before mouth, otherwise he'll loose a lot more than money.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

OK , I may have misunderstood a post , can you accept that I may have misunderstood what he meant and forgive me ?

There may have been a misunderstanding and I accept that .

I accept that you are superior to me and that you never misunderstand anything .

You have success and achievement , well done , you champ 

Check my posting history literally littered with mistakes of all kinds

Which I believe and trust I held my hands up to as soon as they were pointed out to me

No problem from my end

Do have a nce day

I read somewhere maybe Linkedin? that the premise to this was that the diver initially commented something like... that the mini-sub wont work and its better to stick it somewhere where it hurts...

That comment lead to the pedo response. Let me search on it. I hope i can find that post. True/untrue i dont know, just read it somewhere online.

1 minute ago, FishbowlFX said:

I read somewhere maybe Linkedin? that the premise to this was that the diver initially commented something like... that the mini-sub wont work and its better to stick it somewhere where it hurts...

That comment lead to the pedo response. Let me search on it. I hope i can find that post. True/untrue i dont know, just read it somewhere online.

It would be better if you would go and find out what was said FIRST , before coming here and posting that you dont know

3 hours ago, peperobi said:

Now I begin to believe that Mr. Vern uses that case to get publicity!

Vern Notworth?

3 hours ago, kannot said:

Its  pretty clear to any sane person he isnt a paedophile his life wont be ruined it will be even more respected and even more so if  he  just lets it go

I don't know, there are an awful lot of people in the west that think anyone who settles in Thailand is either a paedo or a dirty old man. I'm here for the temples of course, just ask my Thai wife.

22 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

Hey 0815 I think you should stick your comments up where it hurts.  lol  You ok with that? 

I was expecting this comment to come from either sanemax or oldlackey  to be closely followed by Musk's reply.  ? 

Totally left-field in response to 815's comment which I thought was spot on. 

4 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I was expecting this comment to come from either sanemax or oldlackey  to be closely followed by Musk's reply.  ? 

Totally left-field in response to 815's comment which I thought was spot on. 

It's called satire. Some people here have no sense of humor.  Strangely, some people  here seem to have no knowledge that Mr Unsworth said:

A) Musk did it all for publicity

B) His submarine would not work in the cave

C) Said he could stick his sub up his ass

If Mr Unsworth had not defamed, libeled and insulted Musk in the first place we would all be about getting happy ending massages this morning instead of laughing ourselves silly over this posting.  Mr U started this. Just saying.  

1 hour ago, dufusdonald said:

Well using common sense I imagine you have to file where the criminal/civil act took place. I could be dead wrong. 

It could be interesting. Did Musk tweet the comment while physically present in Thailand? From a Thai server or US server? Does that matter? I don't know; I only know about US defamation law, which is civil, of course, not criminal.

5 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

It's called satire. Some people here have no sense of humor.  

Pulling unannounced satire without forewarning and/or emoticons on a forum chock full of been-there-done-that, recalcitrant old farts?

You're so sharp you'll cut yourself.

39 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

Musk is well known internationally.  This guy was a nobody.  Musk has been damaged a whole lot more. Just reading these idiotic posts tells you that a lot of folks think he did it solely for publicity.  

Which is the very reason why Musk should be very careful what is puts on his social media, as he has a far wider audience than normal people, where has, apart from his ego, Musk been damaged by Vern's comments?

Personally I think that he has damaged himself far far more by this post and others, more than anything Vern has said and it may well be his downfall in the future, if he continues to react to criticism in the same manner.

Regarding publicity,  please answer this, if Musk designed and built his submarine purely for the sole purpose of saving the lives of those stuck in the cave, then why did he feel the need to announce this to the world whilst documenting every step on social media and the world's press? 

Could he not have done the same without publicising it?

Now, take a look at the flip side, Vern and many many others gave up their time, risked their lives (literally) and got the job done (thankfully) BEFORE any interviews with the media or posting for the world to see how good they are!

Oh and this "nobody" as you so eloquently describe Vern, did at least save lives, try telling the families of those trapped he is a nobody, how many lives has Musk helped to save in the past?

Money doesn't make the man!