British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

webfact

Just now, dufusdonald said:

Well, well. Yeah for three days I have been defending Musk against all you lying, uninformed biased bashers. And you don't represent all the other bashers but good on you for making a feeble attempt at an apology if that is what it was.

Honestly , we all agree with you .

No one disagrees with you .

You are completely right .

Now , could you stop posting for a bit ?

Let others have a discussion for a bit ?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Who is stopping them?  Nice to know out of no where  you all agree with me. Maybe would be nice to apologize to Musk here.  

1 minute ago, dufusdonald said:

Guess that only leaves Mr Unsworth to apologize to Musk and my work here is finished. 

Mr Unsworth cannot comment on the matter because its potentially a legal matter .

Your work here is complete .

3 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

Guess that only leaves Mr Unsworth to apologize to Musk and my work here is finished. 

You agree that calling someone a "pedo" is normal behaviour when the man has no complaints against him and is married. He has also said his daughter is very upset. Your bait is not working, please as another has said give the keyboard a rest.

2 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

You agree that calling someone a "pedo" is normal behaviour when the man has no complaints against him and is married. He has also said his daughter is very upset. Your bait is not working, please as another has said give the keyboard a rest.

I did not agree that it was normal behavior to call someone a "pedo" ? On the contrary. Can you show show me a post of mine where I said that?  Where do you get off saying that? That is slanderous.  

12 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

It means the writer of the story didn't do their homework for one. Unsworth was not "instrumental" in the rescue. He played no part in it. Other than apparently making a phone call and doing a photo op.

i think you may be as duf as donald.

Vern mapped out the caves from years experience in them.

When they found out the kids were in trouble, Vern advised the authorities and it was him who got the other Brits on board.

Then It was most probably Verns maps that the Brit divers used to negociate the caves.

when the rescue is on Vern also spent much time searching for openings from the outside.

id say that was a pretty good contribution..a lot better than mouthing off behind a keyboard anyway.

3 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

I did not agree that it was normal behavior to call someone a "pedo" ? On the contrary. Can you show show me a post of mine where I said that?  Where do you get off saying that? That is slanderous.  

You want us to apologise to Musk!!!!!!!!!! I think you are getting Libel mixed up with Slander not a surprise that you are uneducated but on a site that uses nicknames good luck with that. Now please have a break. No more replies to your boring bait. Ok pal.

1 minute ago, AdamTheFarang said:

You want us to apologise to Musk!!!!!!!!!! I think you are getting Libel mixed up with Slander not a surprise that you are uneducated but on a site that uses nicknames good luck with that. Now please have a break. No more replies to your boring bait. Ok pal.

I took it as if you were speaking to me. And no one is forcing anyone here to respond or even be here. It has been mostly me against all the bashers here.  I'll give it a rest when the personal attacks stop.  Searching for holes in the mountain is not an instrumental part of the rescue as the writer stated. Sorry.  And I am still waiting for proof from anyone that Musk did it as a PR stunt. If the Thai divers are upset with you all it must mean you all are uneducated fools for attacking Musk. 

These lawyer guys are called "ambulance chasers" where I come from (which is California). They are a dime a dozen. They hunt for stories like this every day. Most are contingency lawyers. Which means they take most of the settlement if they win.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:09 AM, rwdrwdrwd said:

Go with the US ones, they will sting him a lot harder, half a million US is the going rate for libel, and that's without a gobby unlikeable billionaire being involved.

u jealous....Unsworth started it by telling Musk to shove it you know where...anyways musk lawyers will eat him alive with a endless supply of money....and baseless claim

4 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

.Unsworth started it by telling Musk to shove it you know where...anyways musk lawyers will eat him alive with a endless supply of money....and baseless claim

My opinion is that on one side of the argument you have a number of reasonable, sane individuals with a correct perspective, and on the other side of the argument you have a very few people with their heads where a submarine won't go.

5 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

Well, well. Yeah for three days I have been defending Musk against all you lying, uninformed biased bashers. And you don't represent all the other bashers but good on you for making a feeble attempt at an apology if that is what it was.

Speaking of the liars and the uninformed, you remain silent over the erroneous accusation you threw at me early on in this thread. Care to retract your nonsense now?

9 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

I thought the UK was a civilized country filled with intelligent people who make their assessments based on facts. Guess I was wrong.  I would think the ex pats here use common sense and fact based comments. Not really.  Clearly they don't.  

The overwhelming "facts" are that two of the  three things Unsworth attacked  Musk with are false.  1) It was not a PR stunt (He was asked to work on it and to continue to work on it by the lead Brit diver) 2)The sub does in fact work although no one knows if it would work in the cave and 3)  he used a sexual homophobic slur to attack him.  And he knew he was doing it-intentionally.

Btw, I wish that worked in the US. All you have to do in UK to get someone beaten to death is to accuse them of being  a pedo?

Don't forget the British directly involved in the rescue not only demonstrated extreme bravery, skill and good judgment, but also dignity in the aftermath of the whole affair. They were completely self effacing, no chest thumping or finger pointing whatsoever. A fine example in civilised behaviour by any set of standards. 

Facts 1 and 2 you mention are open to debate and could be argued in a legal case, especially the comment regarding a PR stunt. Point 3 isn't a homophobic slur at all though or even a sexual one, it's just a ruder version of something like throw it in the trash, very commonly used English vernacular for a long time. It should be obvious that most insults revolving around the word arse or ass are never literal. These are so commonplace that they've even been used twice in the past hour or so in this thread... one poster refers to having your head up your ass, another calling Musk an assswipe. Doesn't take a genius to see these are not literal. Musk's most credible defence would be on the lines that he made very well intentioned efforts to help in the rescue effort, but was rejected and rudely insulted for it and was genuinely offended and reacted in a flash of anger. His carefully worded apology suggests how he might set out any legal defence. 

Finally, when considering the type of Brit who might confuse a paediatrician with a paedophile and assault them on that basis, it would be the social equivalent of the kind of ignorant racist redneck type who might go about lynching people in the US. No country on earth is proud of people of this calibre. 

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

Let him be at least he is useful as an entertaining distraction

7 hours ago, todlad said:

Speaking of the liars and the uninformed, you remain silent over the erroneous accusation you threw at me early on in this thread. Care to retract your nonsense now?

Any chance you can share with me what my "erroneous accusation" you claim I made?  

I am surprised that we have not heard from any lawyers here.  I would be quite interested to know the thinking from a lawyer not some num nut here where they think Mr Unsworth would have to file a lawsuit if he chose to.  Twitter home office is in California.  Then again does it matter where Musk was when he made the tweet?  If he was 40k feet in the air what country is that?  

Anyone have any "factual" commentary?  

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

So by reports and video from BKK, Mr. Unsworth has traveled back to UK presumably to determine his legal options. Stay tuned.

He couldn't do that with a phone call? Nah, he's just trying to get some mulla outta Musk.  He probably went back for other reasons not known. Maybe an outstanding warrant for an unpaid traffic ticket or something.  Who knows. lol

Inflammatory troll posts and the replies have been removed:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, sanemax said:

Ha ha , are you aware of Thailands slander and defamation laws and their computer crimes act ?

Thais are far far more litigious than Americans.

I wrote a letter to the management of a gym that failed and failed to honor refund claims (take a guess which one: there are so many). Facts were clear and never disputed. I proveded written back up on every. I said including documents from the gym.. On this day I paid X for a full year. Two months later it was closed.

I got seven letters threatening a private criminal defamation charge if I complained to anyone, and a demand that I pay 10 million Baht damages and plead guilty to criminal defamation. A demand that I pay $25,000 to cover the costs of poorly written letters I got. The police called me in to respond to criminal defamation charges. They visited my son’s school when I refused to accept the charges, All designed to intimidate me and keep my mouth shut. All bacuse of a strictly factual two page letter!

I think Thai people would benefit if they could fight rich crooks that steal from them. Thailand needs more litigation, not less. We certainly can count on the authorities to protect to give us a fair shake.

52 minutes ago, surangw said:

did Mr. Unsworth  slander  Musk's  little sub or his motives ? 

YES, and in addition to throw the first punch "he can stick his submarinne where it hurts" - with other words, 2-1 in Unsworth*s disfavour and Elon is the only one that have made any formal apology in public for his one and only blameworthy return response...….:clap2:

I do not quite see that Mr Vern Unsworth have any case at all and should rather think about to make an aplology rather that a Court case - a case that might be lost even before its started….:wai:

...and the winner is....:whistling:

2 hours ago, surangw said:

did Mr. Unsworth  slander  Musk's  little sub or his motives ?

Actually both. He attacked Musk saying he did it all for PR which if you have been paying any attention at all I have proven (see link or tweets) was 100% false. And second he said the sub was useless and had no chance to work which is incorrect since it does work but was not used. Then he told him to stick his sub up his ass.

As the topic here is Mr. Unsworth being approached by both US and UK attorneys, I have no suggestion, on the merits of the case, as to what Mr Unsworth should do. At least in the US, however, I think his libel case against Mr. Musk would be more difficult than some on here seem to think.

However, for the pure entertainment value of it, PLEASE go ahead and sue, big time!

Archived