BANGKOK 23 March 2019 17:17
webfact

British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

Just now, JLCrab said:

I do not believe as of 18 JULY 7:30 AM BKK time any legal charges have been filed in either US or UK.

so a quick phone  call would be all thats  needed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kannot said:

so a quick phone  call would be all thats  needed.

Agreed.

To the long post on the prior page, if Mr. Unsworth had made his statements about Mr. Musk privately in a restaurant and someone overhead and reported it back to Musk, and then Musk went on Twitter and made comments about Mr. Unsworth that would be one thing.

But as Mr. Unsworth made his comments publicly on CNN which were heard by millions of persons worldwide before it came to Mr. Musk's attention, at least under California libel law, that is something else.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 2

A police officer in the Chiang Rai, where Unsworth has lived for seven years, said that no charges or complaints had ever been filed against Unsworth. The officer declined to be named because he was not authorised to speak to the media.

i would not worry about the police.

i would worry about the ngo's who might add your photo to the international list of pedos. never mind that you have never done anything like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

A police officer in the Chiang Rai, where Unsworth has lived for seven years, said that no charges or complaints had ever been filed against Unsworth. The officer declined to be named because he was not authorised to speak to the media.

i would not worry about the police.

i would worry about the ngo's who might add your photo to the international list of pedos. never mind that you have never done anything like that.

In which case it would be easy to sue them

• Like 1

Clearly Musk's statement was unwarranted and ill conceived.  However, all this talk about running to lawyers and filing  charges for 'libel' only reinforce the already oppressive legal environment in most SE Asian countries over libel and slander.  The standards in the US for prevailing in such suits - even if there are such laws on the books are much different. Musk has already made an ass of himself, nothing else can really be accomplished.  Suck it up and get on with life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kannot said:

In which case it would be easy to sue them

not without evidence and he would have none.

10 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

not without evidence and he would have none.

"i would worry about the ngo's who might add your photo to the international list of pedos"

so you wont mind  if i publish your photo online and call you a paedophile?

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

Just now, Blackheart1916 said:

Mr Unsworth, walk away and leave this name calling individual to shout alone in his own dark abyss. You have the admiration and thanks of everyone who followed the amazing rescue. Your personal satisfaction and the resultant gratitude from the public for a job well done must be worth more than a public slagging battle. Best wishes.

Best thing he could do

• Like 1

Any publicity is good publicity - it's nothing personal, it's just business and helps make Elon Musk a household name around the world.

So let the legal games begin - Pedo Man versus Khazarian Mafia Man ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

in which case he should shut up